Essential tutorial regarding the new MCT?

Ruud033

Hey guys,

As the title says, I don't quite understand how to do the kismet on the new MCT. I can take a look at the script myself so I can fix it myself, but I also think that for other (future) mappers it would be best to make an essentials tutorial on how to handle the new MCT ?

Please post your thoughts.

You capture it with the repgun like you do with a techbuilding. It has a team num var "TeamID" wich tells you what team currently owns it. Thats really all there is to it and all thats needed i think. There are no special Kismet nodes for it. Cause its a persistent object in the world and you can access variables from those in Kismet by using 'New Action->Object Property->Get Property'. With that you should be able to access "TeamID". Im saying "should" cause i didnt test it but i know we did use 'Get Property' successfully before on Buildings to read their health.

So the general node 'New Action->Object Property->Get Property' is the node that is supposed to be used to get the TeamID from the MCT.

You capture it with the repgun like you do with a techbuilding. It has a team num var "TeamID" wich tells you what team currently owns it. Thats really all there is to it and all thats needed i think. There are no special Kismet nodes for it. Cause its a persistent object in the world and you can access variables from those in Kismet by using 'New Action->Object Property->Get Property'. With that you should be able to access "TeamID". Im saying "should" cause i didnt test it but i know we did use 'Get Property' successfully before on Buildings to read their health.

So the general node 'New Action->Object Property->Get Property' is the node that is supposed to be used to get the TeamID from the MCT.

Thanks. That works indeed, there is also a node called 'get team' or something similar. I use that for now, works perfectly. I will post a screenshot tomorrow. Still think it's better to have a tutorial on this.. If you don't have many knowledge and just want to build cool stuff or whatever I can only imagine that this is quite hard to understand.