Framerate from beta 3-4-5

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

I have to come out with it now because I noticed a lot of people saying they play at low framerates, but those people never seemed to post about it. I'm just now noticing it from beta 4 to 5 that my laptop went from not caring about RenX, (30-50fps constant) to just outright struggling to keep me at 30 the moment I get in a game with more than 20 people.

Beta 4 Whiteout had some issues for me with the tunnels, but those were specific.

Overall I'm just asking, has anyone else had noticeable degradation (or even increase) in framerate from Beta 3 -> 4, or 4 -> 5?

I know we went uncooked in 4, so some may have dropped then, but still I was fine to play it. 5 has got my gaming laptop struggling on Medium at 1280x720... and I used to run this on 1920x1080 High with no issues (except on Lakeside in one area, and the aforementioned beta 4 Whiteout tunnel issue).

EDIT: Outside of the commander mod, which the 1st iteration of in Beta 5 had a glaring performance issue.

• Totem Arts Staff
Would be nice if someone could take the time to actually compare (same map, same place) on B4 and B5.

Plan on it. Was just trying to see if it really was being an issue from release to release. Even had someone say that that 5-10fps better since 5 came out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread ,

My laptop specs

Intel® Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2,27GHz (4 CPUs),2,3GHz

4 GB RAM

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

(pretty bad eh)

I play on Ultra low everything ,with everything disabled

I used to get 40->50+ fps depending on the map in beta 3 and I even got more when I edited the udksystemsettings.ini last 3 days of beta 3,

however in beta 4 fps dropped in half ,did the same with the settings but still fps is between 20-40 depending on the map or if I'm moving or not ,and the loading times between games and when I open the game were so long,

in beta 5,loading times became significantly lower ,but the fps in game is slightly lower ( far lower if you include when my laptop is overheating but that is another story)

• Totem Arts Staff

I can no longer confirm if there is an issue. Yosh derped ; laptop was still in power-save. My FPS is normal on my laptop, but I'll still look into finding anything that may be hogging up cpu unnecessarily. I mean, it did take till almost beta 5 to fix the missile launcher's lock tracing excessively: who knows what else has been glanced over.

Even though the issue has been resolved, I've heared some people complain about the framerate in beta 5. It is possible that this only happens for people that use AMD gpu's. The latest driver update did something that screwed the FPS some way. I'm having some trouble as well. I blame AMD because I haven't had any problems before the last CCC update. Vsync seems to help though.

If anyone can check this, I'm not really sure.

Specs for curiosity:

Intel I5 4460

Sapphire Radeon 7950 3Gb

8Gb Ram

Playing on crucial Mx100 ssd

• 3 weeks later...

On Beta 3 I have decent fps from 60+ which was fun and I was on High settings also. But then when Beta 4 came out my fps suddenly drop to 30-40 fps, which is still fun and I am on medium settings. Then when Beta 5 came, my fps suddenly became a cluster fruck, my fps now is 20+ rarely gose to 30 on map. And the only map I enjoy 60+ fps is FIELDS(Seriously FIELDS?) well that is just me though, and I just play on a laptop. Planning on buying a gaming laptop or maybe a Personal Computer after I save up some money.

• Totem Arts Staff
The only time my framerate drops significantly is when I play on Whiteout. Idk what it is, but the middle of that map makes me lag a lot

The flares in the tunnels. They break my laptop down from 40 to 20 FPS. I mentioned that during beta 4 testing but never really got a response about it.