3rd Person Misfire+Grenadier Backfire

Occasionally, in third person, when making erratic movements or sprinting forward, likely more plausible with speed crate, the grenadier will fire forward but it will appear to explode on the character instantly.

Likely a case of the projectile origin being behind the character when it starts, due to inconsistencies in speed and whatever, which causes it to collide with the character. Idk how you would go about making the origin of the grenade further forward or give it collision immunity for 0.5 seconds.

• 6 months later...

Just reposting, because this still happens a lot, and I think it has something to do with camera for the sole reason that it happens when you aim straight down in Weps Factory when using a healgun, your beam will originate at and hit the roof instead of your hip and hit the floor. :eek:

The repgun, for the most part, works totally different to the other weapons. So it cant really be compared to the other weapons. The repgun beam issue almost certainly is a different issue i think.

So wee´d need to find out how exactly to reproduce this on gunner or mcfarland.

The repgun, for the most part, works totally different to the other weapons. So it cant really be compared to the other weapons. The repgun beam issue almost certainly is a different issue i think.

So wee´d need to find out how exactly to reproduce this on gunner or mcfarland.

This shows how and sort-of why this type of misfire happens. Hope it helps!

kxMqYQVE6Sc

• Totem Arts Staff
Thx for the vid. Kinda hard to fix I think. The only fix I can think of for this would be to stop the weapon from firing in that situation.

How about trying to trace the line according to the direction of the camera, instead of to where the camera ended up to?

Iirc though, it ends with rather inaccurate fires. Oh wait, I think I'm thinking of Left 4 Dead's 3rd person view. But not sure if it'll not happen here as well

I like to plant beacons in that corridor in the WF because it's one the last places players expect and they often go hunting for it outside and on the roof before checking inside. But now I can see it may be problematic to disarm due to this glitch.

Personally I've run into this glitch when repairing the HON from the lower level on the sides.

Side note, I literally LOL'd at the emp grenade going backwards.

Could be related to a bug that i found a while ago:

OS2r4uSxrsE

The reticle does not seem to aim at the meshes itself, but at the invisible walls that detect collision. The reticle automatically aims for the closest collision wall it can see on the game screen(!) (which once again explains the difference between what you see and what you are shooting at), which sometimes causes some nasty effects.

what should happen is that the reticle should aim at the furthest collision wall or mesh it can find on, once again, the game screen. If collision walls would be given a colour and had no transparency, the reticle should be aiming for the furthest collision wall it can see.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75951

-----------

Bug Fixes

-----------

+ Fixed EVA not giving 'Building Under Attack' messages when a building had under ~10% HEALTH

+ Fixed Proximity Mines not doing the right damage when placed in certain areas.

+ Fixed maps with Day/Night cycles being able to be picked repeatedly.

+ Fixed seeking missiles sometimes doubling back towards whoever shot them

+ Fixed vehicle weapons sometimes shooting in awkward angles when aiming at certain objects

• 1 month later...

Also adding to be helpful:

3rd person backfires are caused by projectiles colliding behind your character when 3rd person clips with a wall. This UDKForum thread discusses it as well as some solutions, ranging from custom raytrace, to scripting to ignore collision on the camera side of the player model, to forcing the start-location of projectiles in 3rd person to be the socket used for muzzle-flash. Note, they appear to be in reverse order of ease, so i'd try the last one first.

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/74 ... g-Accuracy