Mutator to make TS Vehicles Buildable?

CM32

• Totem Arts Staff
Why don't you do it yourself?? Meanwhile you can play with em in skirimish by summoning them!

f5 summon renx_game.

so for example:

f5 summon renx_game.rx_vehicle_buggy

renx_game.TS_vehicle_buggy* All of the TS units are TS_Vehicle_(name)

• 1 month later...
I made it, kinda. It's not a mutator since I needed to change the way the purchase terminal works.

Think I'll have to test it on a local server right now to see if it actually works

Oh, you are the one that made that other post. Yeah, you have to make it a mutator instead. Look up how other mutators are made. Basically, you make a main file that changes things in-game actively as the game runs it's vanilla ways. Using checkreplacement, you can change infantry with a custom infantry (usually an existing infantry in model and all but with changed damage or range or health), or a vehicle with a custom vehicle, or the purchase system which itself is an actor just like a vehicle or infantry. After you get the game to switch at game-start "Purchase_System" with "Purchase_System_Modified", you can make purchase system modified your "modified purchase system file", and make your additions in there.

For instance, look up pre-4.03 balance mutator, and stank mutator, as they are similar and you can download then and understand what they did. Stank Mutator actually changes the Purchase System, you can start with it, and switch the changed purchase system with your own purchase system (and rename what you need as necessary).

You have to pack it with UnrealFrontend so consider giving the RenX SDK a download.

I made it, kinda. It's not a mutator since I needed to change the way the purchase terminal works.

Think I'll have to test it on a local server right now to see if it actually works

Oh, you are the one that made that other post. Yeah, you have to make it a mutator instead. Look up how other mutators are made. Basically, you make a main file that changes things in-game actively as the game runs it's vanilla ways. Using checkreplacement, you can change infantry with a custom infantry (usually an existing infantry in model and all but with changed damage or range or health), or a vehicle with a custom vehicle, or the purchase system which itself is an actor just like a vehicle or infantry. After you get the game to switch at game-start "Purchase_System" with "Purchase_System_Modified", you can make purchase system modified your "modified purchase system file", and make your additions in there.

For instance, look up pre-4.03 balance mutator, and stank mutator, as they are similar and you can download then and understand what they did. Stank Mutator actually changes the Purchase System, you can start with it, and switch the changed purchase system with your own purchase system (and rename what you need as necessary).

You have to pack it with UnrealFrontend so consider giving the RenX SDK a download.

Thanks, never worked with UE before and tried the minimal with the mutator and didn't seem to work so I tried it the other way. Going to take a look at it!