[beta 5] Sprinting animation after SpeedUp crate

After picking up a SpeedUp crate, if you sprint once your walking animation is fixed at a sprinting position but still walks with normal speed. Sprinting again will still make you run faster off course. This can be temporariliy fixed by changing weapons or entering and exiting vehicles, until you sprint once again. Firing your gun has no effect on this sprinting position/stance, you won't even see your character pointing a gun at something specifically.

A permanent fix to this is to respawn.

I know it's in the change log, and I'm in for the snappy running but there's something that's messing my brain up sometimes is that the character you are shooting at is running sideways but still aiming at you. It's hard to explain but basically he seems to be running to the right for example and the gun is facing the same direction but the shots come at you.

• Totem Arts Staff
I know it's in the change log, and I'm in for the snappy running but there's something that's messing my brain up sometimes is that the character you are shooting at is running sideways but still aiming at you. It's hard to explain but basically he seems to be running to the right for example and the gun is facing the same direction but the shots come at you.

There's been a server-side mutator out to temporarily fix that issue for several days. It also requires the removal speed crates till it's patched, but it's better than dealing with Chem sprayers spraying tiberium out of their ass.

If a server isn't running the mutator, that's their own problem.

unfortunately the fix introduced a new problem : players can see SBH's name and recticle

If so, it is likely due to how SBH detect range depends on sprint state. The SBH pawn needs reverted along with the sprint revert. Just be patient meanwhile? It isn't like it is rare for an existing bug to evolve into something else, it isn't like we asked for any bugs to begin with...