Renegade X - Beta 5 Launch!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X: Open Beta 5 has been released!

x6loeCpRBZ4

Renegade X is a free First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 20 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!

The Renegade X SDK allows you to create custom levels, mutators, and mods on the Unreal Development Kit using our framework. You'll have access to all of our assets and tutorials for free.

Download Now!

Rx_TiberianSun.png

Those who have Renegade X Beta 4 will simply need to open the Launcher, and you will receive an auto-patch that will download the full update.

If you do not have the previous Renegade X beta, then you can download Beta 5 in full right here: http://renegade-x.com/download.php

Changelist

The new version will include:

• 6 new vehicles: Hover MRLS, Titan, Wolverine, TicTank, Recon Bike, and Buggy. These vehicles are only available in crates, and they are not purchasable. The vehicles are also available on our SDK.

• Improved auto-patcher for quick and easy game updates.

• New crates, including alien abduction, Time bomb, Speed upgrade, and more.

• Oodles of SDK upgrades and fixes.

• Configurable air-drop times for server hosts.

• Spies no longer show player names to enemies

• A destroyed Refinery now gives 1 credit per second to players, and a captured Silo gives 0.5 credits per second.

• Tier one characters (Officer, Rocket Soldier, McFarland, and Chem) are now purchasable and doubled in price when the Hand of Nod and Barracks are destroyed.

• Secondary weapon upgrades price changes.

• Map fixes and changes.

• Tons of balance changes and fixes!

You can find the full changelist here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=75347

What's up?

We are happy to announce that Beta 5 will be the final Renegade X beta. This is the last phase of beta testing. The next version of Renegade X will be the Full Version! It's been a few months since our last beta version, and we've been tinkering around, polishing up, and planning for the future. Totem Arts has been developing this game for about nine years now, and it is almost ready for that One-Point-Oh. We will be announcing its final release date soon.

That being said, Totem Arts will still be supporting the full game upon release. The SDK allows our community to build their own server mods, total conversion mods and custom maps. The autopatching system allows us to make easy and continual upgrades to the game. We have also appointed a group of Community Developers who will receive the support and direction of Totem Arts. We plan on making one more big community announcement in the very near future, and hosting a cash-prize Renegade X clan tournament upon the release of the full version.

Although we have a pretty stable playerbase, we are looking for ways to increase our exposure. If you have any ideas, go ahead and post them on this thread. You can do your part by sharing our updates with your friends, uploading videos, e-mailing gaming websites, and messaging popular YouTube gamers. We're doing our part, but keep in mind that this is a free project, and we can use any help we can get from our community!

We and our community have been actively discussing ways we can improve the RenX experience. Join the discussion, we're listening and involved: viewforum.php?f=13

Our SDK has thousands of downloads, and we are already seeing some cool custom maps and mutators being developed. Check those out here: viewforum.php?f=165

For aspiring developers, check Kenz's Renegade X SDK tutorials to learn how to set up your own RenX level:

For those who want to rig custom vehicles into the game, check out Havoc89's tutorial:

Keep an eye out for more updates... we've got a lot more up our sleeves.

Time to rock n' roll! #justdoitup

http://www.renegade-x.com

https://www.facebook.com/CNCRenX

https://twitter.com/RenXGame

https://www.youtube.com/user/NEfobbyGEN/

i had to come out of hiding and create a user on the site for this... shit looks so amazing! i need to give this a try, been wanting Tiberian Sun FPS since working on Tiberian Aftermath with Havoc89 ages ago..

i need this.

This is awesome! You've even recreated a tib sun cutscene :D

The crossover with tiberian sun seems a bit odd, but renegade was in between more in between tib sun and tib dawn in the storyline. So it makes a bit sense.

Anyway good job dev team! I'm very pleased.

(Perhaps I should continue on my map now because there are more tutorials available)

Does someone know the console codes for the new vehicles?

Would be nice to try them out in skirmish mode;)

renx_game.TS_vehicle_[insert Vehicle name]

For example if you would like to spawn a buggy you would write: renx_game.TS_vehicle_buggy

Excellent work.

I especially like your decision to make new vehicles only accessible through crate drops. Kudos to that, I think it will make map control more rewarding.

I like 'Alkaline's' idea more. If there was a capturable tech base, the team that had control over that would get the vehicles. People would fight like hell to keep control of that.

At first I thought the TS vehicles should be purchasable like the others but I think the tech building makes much more sense. Maybe if a team captured both the silo and the tech building they would then get a reward too, maybe some tiberian based vehicle weapons or different stats too.

• Totem Arts Staff
Can you please make a torrent ? and for every release after that? Downloading huge files in the browser usually doesn't work out well. The file gets corrupted for me every time.

... There is a torrent. It's literally the second option on the downloads page.

• 8 months later...

To make myself likeable on my first comment, I'm going to complain.

It's Multi Launch Rocket System or MLRS (Not MRLS). In every C&C game ever and in real life.

On a more positive note, how are the C&C2 units going to be incorporated into the game? Is there going to be a Tiberian Dawn/Sun setting? Choosing eras would be cool. It would be a shame if we wouldn't be able to use the new units more often.

• Totem Arts Staff

It's Multi Launch Rocket System or MLRS (Not MRLS). In every C&C game ever and in real life.

On a more positive note, how are the C&C2 units going to be incorporated into the game? Is there going to be a Tiberian Dawn/Sun setting? Choosing eras would be cool. It would be a shame if we wouldn't be able to use the new units more often.

At the moment they are available by crates. I think for now it's good for crate hunters :P

Well, they are supposed to be called the MLRS, but they simply aren't in C&C1:

http://cnc-comm.com/files/CC-Manual.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/RVcRUs4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Technically, The MLRS uses mrl system, which is multiple rocket launch system. So I think they didn't want to use the original name of the vehicle for copyright reasons, and they came up with this clever solution.

Technically, The MLRS uses mrl system, which is multiple rocket launch system. So I think they didn't want to use the original name of the vehicle for copyright reasons, and they came up with this clever solution.

GalaXion24, he even cited the user manual, so it apparently once was misnamed in C&C.

As to why, who knows, but apparently in TS and beyond, they wisened up and used the actual acronym. I know for a fact that C&C Renegade definitely used MRLS, and pretty sure C&C used MRLS, and since a lot of this game is based off that, so is the acronym.

Almost all of the tanks are based off of real life models.

Medium tank is an M1 Abrams Tank (though it also highly resembles a Challenger 2 Tank).

The Light Tank was originally based off of the M2 Bradley tank, but was remodeled for Renegade for FPS reasons.

The flame tank mostly resembles a KhT-133 (OT-133), but with 2 flame extruding barrels rather than 1.

Chinook and apache are obvious.

Orca seems like a mostly unique sci-fi-esque model from what I've see, along with the stealth tank.

Interestingly enough, the MLRS in real life had guided missiles added to it in 2006, 4 years after Renegade was released. The guided missiles made it into Renegade X though.

• 2 months later...
playing it tonight :) with GTX 1070. Hi all :)

Uhm, beta 5 was launched months ago :P

We are all waiting for a new beta (5.2 or 5.21 not sure) to be launched soon. You can play this beta for at least a year :)