Flame Tanks Range is to far.

Wolfborn

Their range isn't too far, they deal too much damage at long ranges. Their range itself is perfectly fine.

It could be given 2-5 projectiles from the same weapon and shot, of varying ranges that all add up to the same current damage, sort of like damage drop off. It does too much damage to infantry at medium range sometimes I think.

But, I don't think Nod should lose one of their strongest units, until possibly the stealth tank is buffed a bit.

Strongest? You underestimate the light tank's power :D, it's so nimble and fast, that you could easily win duels with medium tanks at long ranges. hide your hull with elevations in the nearby terrain and don't engage in short ranges, which you allows you to play mindgames with your enemy with unpredictable movements, you'd be able dodge pretty much any shell that's being fired at you ;) . Give it more gun depression and it would be an absolutely amazing tank!

...Buuuut back to the flame tank, yes that could be a possible solution, as long as the flames won't look to weird, and i do think the stealth tank could do with a decent damage buff, but a nerf to it's stealthing effect. It's very difficult to see, even at relatively close ranges.

Strongest? You underestimate the light tank's power :D, it's so nimble and fast, that you could easily win duels with medium tanks at long ranges. hide your hull with elevations in the nearby terrain and don't engage in short ranges, which you allows you to play mindgames with your enemy with unpredictable movements, you'd be able dodge pretty much any shell that's being fired at you ;) . Give it more gun depression and it would be an absolutely amazing tank!

...Buuuut back to the flame tank, yes that could be a possible solution, as long as the flames won't look to weird, and i do think the stealth tank could do with a decent damage buff, but a nerf to it's stealthing effect. It's very difficult to see, even at relatively close ranges.

Ask Vertiso, I dodged one barreling at me the other day as a TacRifle, from behind with a moment's notice.

It is really hard to sneak Stealth Tanks into an enemy base. Stanks already have some of the highest anti-structure damage, so fixing their projectile to hit tanks more reliably is good enough. Range is one idea, where you can't shell a base but can reach good distances. Health is another, such as giving it 500 health compared to 400 to buy one aproximately 25% more time in a fight to either win or retreat or get farther into an enemy base in case of a rush. Idk why they seem to die faster in RenX than Ren.

• Totem Arts Staff

We thought about Flame drop-off but in all honesty it seems kind of unnecessary. Flames are very situational, but they have more effective situations the tighter the map is. Their range is fine: all Nod units are

A)'more cost-effective than GDI units

B) Have very glaring weaknesses compared to GDI vehicles.

The Flame does more damage, making it more cost efficient than the Med, which costs.the same and has the same armour. The damage difference is significant, but.not so extreme that it'd warrant decreasing the range any more than it is.

As for Flames camping entrances....yeah, it's what they're good for. Meds can do it too, but you can only cram so many Flames into an entrance, and their range makes it so they can't as easily stagger themselves as Meds. At best, two flames can hit a target at an entrance, maybe more on entrances like Under's but even that's pretty difficult with the current range.

Moral of the story: leave the range alone, reducing it would be like reducing the Light Tank's health to further its disadvantage. GDI already has more than enough options to.break out of.their base.