Ideas for CNC-City

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi guys

I've been thinking and I love to remake CNC-City but I want to ask you what how i need to remake it. Do I need to remake the map like what the map looked like in C&C Renegade or do I need to make the map with landscapes in the background and rocks and all that stuff.

Please leave a message

Hello Thommy,

Plz wait till one of the devs. contacts you, someone Is working on this map as far as I know. You might want to teamup.

I thought Kenz said this map was cursed... Ryz

Honestly, I have personally asked because before the Memorial Day yank-holiday of honoring fallen military men and barbequeing, I started working on City Flying.

And, from what I understand, it was worked on by an old member of the dev team, twice, and was never finished before being dropped. This gave it the inside description as "cursed".

Kenz and Havoc both are interested in it. I was told multiple times they were in-prog on it too.

However, no proof stands that it is in-prog, including a map file with half assets at their RenX Sourcecode hosted website.

Given that, I will continue personal work on it. There are several outcomes:

1) I make the map, likely a community collaboration like Volcano and Canyon was when Kenz made videos.

2) I possibly help the devs with partial work in it through pulling together several pieces of work on it.

3) They make the map, and I make my map into a larger city map with double-advanced-base-defenses which would still be cool.

Either way, I am going to keep making mine, but respect if the devs are interested in making it, once I know for sure if that is actually the case, because I hear 6 people say one thing and half a dozen say another thing.

• Totem Arts Staff

Well. If there is already somebody that remakes CNC-City. Then I guess it will be useless if I also make one.

I was also thinking of C&C_Glacier. But there is no mesh of that map in the SDK. Does anybody know how to get a C&C Renegade map in the RenX SDK?

• Totem Arts Staff
I was also thinking of C&C_Glacier. But there is no mesh of that map in the SDK. Does anybody know how to get a C&C Renegade map in the RenX SDK?

It's... a different engine from different developers from different company... the only thing you can possibly do is ripping it as 3D model. I don't know how, maybe you can ask Kenz

edit : okay, just ignore the 'You don't say' part and skip to the last sentence

Also, I think there's a 3D model ripper, but it depends on your game's current render which... culls everything you cannot see by default

I am making City from scratch. Glacier is harder, but you can use overhead maps for it, to lay it out step by step a la Kenz' videos. Everyone originally requested Glacier, but then people talked about sky vehicle murderer and honestly I don't see the big deal. That was all so last Ren, we can't keep talking about "weather anomoly" and "sky vehicle murderer" for the NEXT 10 years... That all was just past drama, not actual work related opinions.