Complex: Airstrip Vehicle Spawn Cover?

I like how devs are usually flexible in hearing balance changes for maps. Canyon is getting a matching hole that GDI currently has, to get to the silo faster.

In this regard, can we get a new short little wall segment put alongside the Airstrip vehicle drop rally point? Sort of like the height and size and stuff, of the one against GDI Barracks in Canyon, maybe slightly longer than that, right where new vehicles end up.

That way, vehicles can't be spawnkilled by GDI tanks from the safety of the many rock formations and entrances to the Nod Base in midfield. Still, GDI vehicles can hammer the airstrip and all the other structures, except for the 1/4th segment of airstrip between the round end and just 2/3 distance down it, for vehicles to safely end up parked there after dropoff.

That map is GDI favored enough for this not to be a balance problem. Would still likely favor GDI no matter the added wall or the buffed stanks, but it wouldn't be 75% GDI favor hopefully anymore.

All it takes is an aggressive nod team to counter it. Get tanks hitting their buildings quickly, then flamers in their base and GDI won't even be able to get our of their own base.

75% is a huge exaggeration, as any good nod team knows how to win on that map quite easily. It's all about attacking early and taking the hill so that the other team isn't able to attack. Then, rush.

It was the same way in Renegade. It was nicknamed "nodplex" in Renegade though, because people learned what had to be done to win.

All it takes is an aggressive nod team to counter it. Get tanks hitting their buildings quickly, then flamers in their base and GDI won't even be able to get our of their own base.

75% is a huge exaggeration, as any good nod team knows how to win on that map quite easily. It's all about attacking early and taking the hill so that the other team isn't able to attack. Then, rush.

It was the same way in Renegade. It was nicknamed "nodplex" in Renegade though, because people learned what had to be done to win.

Complex did have stronger stanks, weaker gdi meds and mammies, and sbh nuking at least felt easier to me (fights took longer, tieing up a hotwire using a handgun was much easier than even killing a hotwire using tiberium flichette or carbine)

And even then, it's balance aside from the gameplay, "buying a vehicle and it dying upon drop" feels incredibly unfair.. it is incredibly unpolished feeling. Like if you as infantry spawned outside of structures when you died, just to spawn into tank shells and died again. It was bad on XMountain and they changed airstrip direction. It would even be bad if it happened to GDI on same map, which it doesn't...

Slightly weaker stealth tanks aren't the reason. Medium tanks are almost exactly the same in Renegade, so that's not it neither. Mammoth tanks are a slight part of the reason. The real reason is the artillery. So many people lack the ability to accurately aim the turret against enemy vehicles that it becomes an almost one-trick-pony (bombarding buildings). Add in all of the elevation changes (and the fact that the turret doesn't hold position with the elevation changes :/) and that gets multiplied exponentially. That's the real difference in Complex from Renegade to Renegade X. The map and the strategies are relatively the same. The actual skill it takes to win as Nod is greater. I don't see that as a bad thing considering that it had one of the highest win percentages in Renegade for Nod.

It just takes a different approach as Nod. They need to roll out the heavy armored tanks like light tanks, flame tanks, and APC's, and then buy artillery once they've won field position. Too many people try to buy artillery when they don't yet have field control, and all it does is hurt the team. I think people will realize this in time and adapt, so there's really no reason to try to change it now. I see Nod win just as many as GDI when I play Complex, personally.

Renegade Marathon Server statistics:

Canyon - GDI: 1339 Nod: 1185

City - GDI: 383 Nod: 604

City Flying - GDI: 592 Nod: 904

Complex - GDI: 1700 Nod: 2239

Field - GDI: 460 Nod: 1009

Glacier Flying - GDI: 620 Nod: 746

Hourglass - GDI: 299 Nod: 632

Islands - GDI: 1265 Nod: 1631

Mesa - GDI: 775 Nod: 713

Under - GDI: 685 Nod: 738

Volcano - GDI: 1687 Nod: 1655

Walls - GDI: 724 Nod: 719

Walls Flying - GDI: 1275 Nod: 1114

I don't know. How long, would you say, until RenX statistics deserve their own usage to dictate RenX tweaking? I don't see Complex, as short a map as it is to get GDI Tanks through, and as many openings GDI Tanks can get through, ever coming up strong in statistics for Nod Wins in Complex. RenX statistics after a few months remaining appauling and every time the map played begin a 15 minute situation, I would recommit the fact that "maybe letting GDI having more than 5 tanks in midfield be able to flash-kill any newly spawned vehicles Nod purchases" is possibly a bad thing to allow.

I still say, balance aside, that even if GDI is allowed to shell structures from midfield, someone spending credits on a vehicle should have a situation their vehicle can't be destroyed before the graphics of it even load into the engine. Even if that meant spawn-invincibility for 3 seconds, which isn't very fun neither but would prevent something else that "isn't very fun".