Veterans should not look down on the recruits...

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

So... yesterday, had a game in Canyon.... some GDI hottie mines the Barracks at the entrance... which most of us know is a bad idea to do. Pharcyde and I tried to tell the guy that he's not mining it right, but he refused to listen at all, not believing you can jump over to the sandbag

Then the same guy also placed only 4 mines, stacking in the middle with each others... (though I usually saw them wedged... or separated...) well I don't comment it, but I do tell him that usually there should be 6 (as far as my observation tells me... Yosh said 5 once though) but he proceeded to yell at me that he knew how to play because he has played from OldRen

So... what's up with that? Surely we new players have a voice in the team, right?

PS : Keeping the guy anonymous btw.

PPS : Someone said the mines were nerfed. is that true?

Another example as to why admins should have the ability to restrict and remove mines from certain players. It will help so much and nobody has to be kicked from the game.

I don't believe mines were nerfed. Mine walking still feels the same as before.

there should be 6
If we are talking about a 45 mine limit server and about Canyon, 6 is a good number, you still have like 8 mines to mine the tunnel.

I personally don't care about who is new and who is old; if you mine like that (i.e.Bar entrance on Canyon), I first warn the person in PM and teamchat, then spend my next 5-10 mins remining the base, and if I still see him remining then that's a kick.

The disarm command per person doesnt work. Disarms all the mines on that team. :(

Noobs are fine, but if they ignore warnings they are team hampering my admin/mod team will take action.

Its usually PM, PM, Public/Team Message warning said person. Then an Official Warning via the !warn command & then we will kick the player.

That said we do prefer education over punishment, i think its the same over TmX as well.

Had this so many times. If people are new, don't want to read, learn or be part of the online community I believe there is just no place for them. I know a guy who is on the TmX server almost every day and he still overmines a lot and I've never ever had a reply from him while I tried reaching him at least a few hundred times during the past months. Since I don't play that much right now I only ran into him yesterday, but if I see him overmining I will do a vote kick or ask for a kick directly. What's the point of trying to reach a player for months while he is not reacting.

At least your guy responded Handepsilon :) But for me it's straight: if you don't want to learn or adept (a bit) in the game there is just no place for you in the game. For me learning is: replying and 'trying' to do it better. Don't mind if there is a mistake now and than btw.

• Totem Arts Staff

Ya, to tell the truth I might be quite newer than the guy I was telling on (saw him a lot since Beta 3). I can PM you the guy's name to prevent flame war

The point is, he wasn't really a n00b, he was just too stubborn to listen to advice from a newbie who learns from pro's shoutings and such

Doesn't mean you guys are like him. Most of the pros and veterans I met are usually cool :)

What are you supposed to do if a person is mining horrendously, not replying to teamchat and not replying to personal messages?

Making a votekick with "Overmining and not replying in chat" as a comment seems like a possibility, but nobody will vote on it, since usually there are only 3~4 people per team actively looking out for mines anyway.

If there is no mods ingame try !modRequest reason (alot of people just do !modrequest and leave the reason out so we have to guess whats going on) - if your on the EKT server and there is no mods at all around the time your playing please feel free to apply for mod status we are recruiting atm.

Goks

• Totem Arts Staff

Heh, actually Pharcyde was there, but he needed to go and all... wellz... I'll try it next time

In the mean time, perhaps there should be a team-based vote about stopping people from mining. Like this

[PlayerName] wants to ban [PlayerName2] from mining (OPTIONAL : For X minutes)

And then the mines from the second player will be removed, as well as the one equipped by him. In theory, it should not be hard as all it takes is...

foreach DynamicActors(class "Renx_Game.Rx_Weapon_DeployedProxyC4", M)
{
  if(M.Planter == VotedPlayer)
  M.Destroy();
}

Something like that. I'll stop coding now before this topic gets moved to SDK section

Heh, actually Pharcyde was there, but he needed to go and all... wellz... I'll try it next time

In the mean time, perhaps there should be a team-based vote about stopping people from mining. Like this

[PlayerName] wants to ban [PlayerName2] from mining (OPTIONAL : For X minutes)

And then the mines from the second player will be removed, as well as the one equipped by him. In theory, it should not be hard as all it takes is...

foreach DynamicActors(class "Renx_Game.Rx_Weapon_DeployedProxyC4", M)
{
  if(M.Planter == VotedPlayer)
  M.Destroy();
}

Something like that. I'll stop coding now before this topic gets moved to SDK section

Actually, Goku was looking for someone to fix the admin command for removing c4 from just a single player. Right now it removes it for everyone. PM him?