Harvester Spawn

DaKuja

• Totem Arts Staff

It is possible to set an Spawnpoint for the Harvester if no Weapons Factory or Airstrip exist?

Like as a single Time Spawn, after destorying the Harvester it should respawn no one.

Edit: I try some Ideas, but dosnt work

I try to spawn both harvesters on there Refs, they spawn there but stands still aaand the "Main" Harvesters which spawns constantly at the beginning every game spawn still in the Middle(so i got 4 harvesters on the Map) of the Map but get destroyed after spawn

I dont get it, how i can change that both Main Harvs spawns at the Ref and dont in the Middle

• Totem Arts Staff
Harvester spawning is done trough code. If no weapons factory exist, they spawn at 0,0,0.

I don't know how to turn this off. Might wanna ask RypeL for this

Hmmmm I wonder if we Destroy() every harvester in the game.

Destroy() as in hard-removing the Harvies from existence as opposed to killing it to fiery explosion

• Totem Arts Staff

So i should add Air and WF let them destroying after 5 secs and that solved the Problem huh?

I tried to force the Harv Spawn with:

cszem8jq.png

But as result i got 4 Harv and 2 of them stands still and dont want to go to the next Pathnote :S

• Totem Arts Staff

you can make a harvester spawn with the harvester vehicle factory if you use the factory in the map and dont you kismet it will re-spawn after getting destroyed as for the 0,0,0 spawning you cant turn that off just yet with out destroying the refinery

there is one other method by having a spawning platform @ 0,0,0 and having the map above it or away from it (but this would mean the harvester would be looking for a path all the time and could add too lag)

• Totem Arts Staff

Update:

Now i find a way to handle this Problem, its pretty easy :P Thanks to Kenz!

At first u have to move the whole Map away from the Coords: 0.0.0 where the Harvesters always will spawn if u got no WF or Air on the Map. You can let them spawn outside of the Map still on the Landscape or some Mash if u want. Otherwise they spawn and fall down and don't die

At the Start u get the Massage "harvester ready" but there is no one, without Pathnotes they dont move

Now how to spawn the secondary Harvester:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150518/cszem8jq.png

Otherwise as here use Actor Factory Ex 2 times for each Harvester

Setting up these Factorys for Nod and GDI (see Pic)- like where they should spawn?, How many? and these things

I choose the RefNathpoint so the Harvesters will start in Front of there Refs and move without problems along the Pathnotes to the Tiberium Field.

There is only 2 Bugs/Problems

First they will no respawn (Its kinda good for the Gameplay, it will takes way more Teamplay to keep them alive!)

Second u got an Killmassage after buy an Refill at the PT where stand the "Harvester killed You".

i'm not sure if it possible to move around this Bug, maby if the "Main" Harvester keeps alive save on a empty Spot on the Landscape

I will still test it to handle these Probs.

This Way is possible not 100% the Right to do that but in my case it works pretty good and i got less Bugs who dont interrupt the Gameplay massivly or being annoying.

Hope it will help some Guys here for they own Maps without Vehicles. :>

Greez. DaKuja

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you experimenting in this field. First of, if you really want to spawn a secondary harvester and re-spawn it when the secondary is destroyed, you can use the 'destroyed' event, set the instigator to an object variable which is also hooked up to the actor factory.

Me personally would make a platform at 0,0,0 and have a trigger volume there. I'd teleport the harvesters to a specific location if they touch the trigger volume (if you want to have them in the map). That way you get around the issues you have due to the hard coded stuff.

You can seperate the harvesters by team by doing a team check and sending them to specific coordinates.

The 2nd method I mentioned should be rather easy to work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Today i tried with the respawn method with the "destroyed" / "Death" Event and it dosnt work because i got no "target" for these Events i cant use the Actor Factory self as the Target.

Maby i dont see the easy way to solve this Problem :o

• Totem Arts Staff

So ye i tried now the easy way to teleport the main harves to an another Point but it wont work

I put a simple trigger Volume to 0,0,0 if they spawn they should get teleported to the Tib Field

They dont... players got teleported.

24i6ozcx.png

Maby i do something wrong in the Kismet?

You can also use the custom teleporter mesh

http://i.gyazo.com/c24cd8fba800e357bf5f0b1a499cf311.png

That works for vehicles 100%. The only thing is you have to get the harvester through there..

http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tourn ... teleporter

That will help you do it.

I quickly made this, and it worked. Obviously you need to sort the harvesters out but that should not be an issue.

http://gyazo.com/da4b9e9d3ae018cbd13c62bcc495aab6

Notice that I did not use the teleport mesh but just the node.

Notice that the collision radius has changed on top of the cube. I've let the cube stay there because it spits out the harvesters rather than letting them implode in each other at 0,0,0 and get destroyed.

Here's a .gif, you dont even see the harvesters spawning on top of the cube anymore because they instantly get teleported http://gyazo.com/e9d436182be61fa6c82bdedbeb7e98eb

If you sort out which harvester drops where, you can sort GDI / Nod harvesters. They always spawn the same and they always fall at the same spot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Now i tried agin with the UTTeleporter to solve the Spawn Problem and it works, thanks to Ruud again ;>^

Still only the Prob there popt both on the same Second off, so the GDI Harvester get a bad start because he jumps into the Air and after the landing he got most of the tries Problems to find the right way to the next Pathnote

But i dont give up yet, still trying to handle this wierd Problem ;)

Now i tried agin with the UTTeleporter to solve the Spawn Problem and it works, thanks to Ruud again ;>^

Still only the Prob there popt both on the same Second off, so the GDI Harvester get a bad start because he jumps into the Air and after the landing he got most of the tries Problems to find the right way to the next Pathnote

But i dont give up yet, still trying to handle this wierd Problem ;)

Nice to see that it worked out for you ;) Glad to help.

Just a check, if it can't find the pathnode, did you even set a tiberium pathnode? So the harvester knows which node to look for? Did you set the correct team number in this? Also, you need 1 ref node for GDI (remember to set the teamnumber!) and 1 for Nod.

These nodes need to be connected via Pathnodes (needs to be a green line at minimum)

• Totem Arts Staff

Eerything is fine about he Notes it seems the Harvesters block each other, sometime if the GDI Harvester fall "better" down from the Nod Harvester it works pretty good but these Drops how the GDI Harvester Jump-Fall is totally Random. only the Nod Harvester spawned and drops perfectly from the Teleporter.

But i wont give up ;>

Are you trying to make harvesters only spawn once?

If so try to access VehicleManager in Rx_Game and set bNodRefDestroyed and bGDIRefDestroyed to true.

If you are using a mutator you could try putting this in your postbeginplay()

RxGame(WorldInfo.Game).VehicleManager.bNodRefDestroyed = true;
RxGame(WorldInfo.Game).VehicleManager.bGDIRefDestroyed = true;

Whenever harvester gets destroyed game will check whether *RefDestroyed is set to true. If it is then harvester spawning will be aborted.

• Totem Arts Staff

They have to respawn but thats works only with these Harvesters who spawns at 0,0,0 so i tried to teleport them to the Battlefield and that works just a bit sometime they got teleported perfectly into the Tiberium Field and sometime one or both Harvesters get stucked by some reasons (blocking each other, not able to move to the next Pathnote or the GDI Harvester flips around and get stucked)

So now i tried to make an Teleport for each of them so the Nod and the GDI Harvester should teleport to there own base but until now it dosn't work at the UDK Forums can't find anything to this problem.