Goldrush, vehicles near bridge

Many times people just sit in APCs or Arty/MRLS and camp the bridge, locking down that path completely. It kills the fun, bridges should be the scenes of back and forth infantry battles, with defenders having the advantage of mines and base defenses.

So I suggest there should be vehicle blockers near the front and the side of Hand of Nod and Barracks.

What do you think?

Maybe instead of coming up with ideas limiting people you should think up something creative to destroy the tank instead? If you manage to destroy it with rocket soldier a couple of times there is a good chance it will eventually give up.

If it would be only 1 person in a vehicle and noone else that would be managable.

The problem is when that vehicle starts shooting, people in the vicinity easily notice and go help it.

It is kind of hard to deal with a vehicle from a narrow corridor, when he is either being repaired or a sniper is taking potshots at you while you try to deal with him.

And people saying he will give up: There are many "dedicated defenders" (I mean this here as a pejorative term) who literally spend all their gametime sitting in that vehicle in that spot.

If it would be only 1 person in a vehicle and noone else that would be managable.

The problem is when that vehicle starts shooting, people in the vicinity easily notice and go help it.

It is kind of hard to deal with a vehicle from a narrow corridor, when he is either being repaired or a sniper is taking potshots at you while you try to deal with him.

And people saying he will give up: There are many "dedicated defenders" (I mean this here as a pejorative term) who literally spend all their gametime sitting in that vehicle in that spot.

Sounds like the sniper would be the problem then. Should we put enemy blocking volumes there too, to make it easier for just allies like you to enter and blow up the HoN?

Seriously though, if vehicle blockers were put there, sbh with carbine would just sit there standing, the second you came across the bridge they would chain-headshot you, and you would be just as equally dead if not more dead (if that is even possible)

In that regard, it is actually limiting the enemy team by keeping a vehicle there, that isn't being used in the field, when any infantry standing there watching the bridge would suffice.

• Totem Arts Staff
when any infantry standing there watching the bridge would suffice.

Yeaaaah not 'any infantry' tho. Havoc and Sakura spells problem, which an APC can really handle. APCs are so ideal because it has infantry-effective shots, bulletproof armor and small body

I never really met people complaining about it... I just did this on Gold Rush yesterday, and I've done this on Field, Under and Island countless of times.

when any infantry standing there watching the bridge would suffice.

Yeaaaah not 'any infantry' tho. Havoc and Sakura spells problem, which an APC can really handle. APCs are so ideal because it has infantry-effective shots, bulletproof armor and small body

I never really met people complaining about it... I just did this on Gold Rush yesterday, and I've done this on Field, Under and Island countless of times.

Imagine. Getting a tech, temporarily switching to grenades, and standing in the HON doorway 3rd person view around the wall? The wall protects you from sniper fire, the infantry can only assume you are there but can't tell if you are or can see them, and when they get to the end of the bridge you barrage them with grenades and rush them down with c4.

Or, stay crouched behind the last concrete divider, same strategy.

Eh most people in this thread don't agree, I get it. Just try playing a game on EKT Goldrush when a guy camps hand/bar for 40 minuts. You will see it just kills the fun..

Try camping it yourself with infantry instead of a tank, and seeing how easy it is.

Just crouch behind the box/concrete divider, literally for 40 minutes straight, and every time a hotwire/tech/sbh walks down the bridge and you end up on top of them, ambush them with tossed c4 and a carbine.

The trick is to not let it make you miserable. The trick is to let it make them miserable instead. Turn the tables, if you will.

Eh most people in this thread don't agree, I get it. Just try playing a game on EKT Goldrush when a guy camps hand/bar for 40 minuts. You will see it just kills the fun..

Try camping it yourself with infantry instead of a tank, and seeing how easy it is.

Just crouch behind the box/concrete divider, literally for 40 minutes straight, and every time a hotwire/tech/sbh walks down the bridge and you end up on top of them, ambush them with tossed c4 and a carbine.

The trick is to not let it make you miserable. The trick is to let it make them miserable instead. Turn the tables, if you will.

Im quite happy to camp with a tech or hotwire, someone has to do it unless you think we should just let you get the hon/bar/pp ??

Dealing with a camping infantry is much easier than with a vehicle. There are ways to deal with camping snipers, camping SBH, and even a hiding tech with remotes* (although I have never seen one for the past year).

Once again, inf-inf is not a problem, camping inf is not a problem. Camping vehs is the problem.

(personal rant)And it's hard for me to understand why you don't have this experience when playing this map..(/personal rant)

@Canucck: it is also a problem on AOW maps, just on EKT marathon with high mine limit it is more straightforward.

*just throw your own remotes above the conrete block

• Totem Arts Staff

Dunno about you, but this entire thread is sounding like more of 'I had a bad experience' being blown out of proportion. Vehicles can hold positions because they have armour, so be it. They just eliminate solo tactics, but if you've ever seen what a Mobius rush does to an APC... and the building it's gaurding then you'd know this isn't really as much of an issue as you're making it out to be.

It's like complaining about people camping the tunnel exits on Islands with a Flamer/Med.

I had a bad experience

Obviously no; Unless you mean I had a bad experience for the past year in this regard.

But you are right that people here don't want to change.

Ok by me, /thread.

We want to change. The devil is in the details.

Know what I want to change? Goldrush, the furthest 2 structures are so far away the obby has trouble covering them. Too far. Really, same sentiments with XMountain.

There is a lot of good that can change in this game. McFarland was one of them. Sprint was one of them. I think more weapons could stand to be made different.

500 and 1k snipers are still pretty similar, I sometimes think I'd give 500s a 5 round clip with 80 damage and a quicker bolt between shots, and the ramjet a 1 round clip but a bolt-action that is faster than a 500 reload and slower than a 500 bolt.

I just feel like "vehicle camping infantry path" is such a "Field" problem. I'd agree on blocking vehicles in or around the Bar/Ref and the Ref/Air on field.

Lol Bro you misunderstood me, I left out an "it" from "people here don't want to change". Sorry for the confusion, I am very much happy renx is changing and how you guys are helping it, I meant I just accepted you don't want to put vehicle blockers on the aforementioned spots :)

I don't see how this is a problem... That person is guarding against you from entering the base, simple as that.

Try a raveshaw/Sydney and attac him

or

Instead of trying the same tactic over or waiting for him to leave, try getting a vehicle and assisting your team at attacking the base...

I vehicle guarding the bridge means one less vehicle in the battlefield for the enemy team...