Renegade X Machinima

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

Currently DottierManager4 and I are attempting to make small experimental machinima film for RenX in the Testing Server. But we kinda lack of people to do them all. We managed to get some scenes on our own, but we still need some volunteers

For those who doesn't know what it is, Machinima is roughly a movie taken using a game. Of course, we can use the SDK instead, but I feel that it would take quite a long time... and it's just not as fun :P

We manage to abuse the 'ToggleScreenshotMode' for our gain in recording, so weapons and hud are hidden if we want to record third person actions. But that means only Dottier is in action. We really could use some bored ppl in :D

Well basically when you have the demos you can download the RCam mutator from here: http://www.speedyshare.com/xVzz8/RenX-R ... dAlone.zip

To install it edited the UDKGame.ini file in Renegade X\UDKGame\Config directory by replacing

"DecalManagerClassPath=Engine.DecalManager" with "DecalManagerClassPath=RenX_RCam_StandAlone.RCamDecalmanager"

A comprehensive tutorial about RCam can be found here (though that tutorial is for the UT3 version so not everything is exactly the same in the RenX version): http://www.ut3darkclan.com/include/down ... orial.html

You will also need the mutators that were running on the server when the demo was recorded. If you played on that server before the mutators should be in your UDKGame\Cache folder. Though they have weird filenames and need to be renamed first and then copied to the CookedPC folder. In the UDKGame\Cache folder there is a Cache.ini showing a mapping from the filename to the real mutator name. Going by that you need to rename the files to the actual mutator names and then need to copy them into the CookedPC folder.

ah, alright, I think I got it. Thanks!

I can get you the mutator you need when the time comes.

A link to the latest stable tested mutator your server (TMX) runs would be nice. Possibly on your site or wherever?

Alternatively, I was until now unaware that you can pull functioning mutator files used on a server from your own cache after having played on said server.

• Totem Arts Staff

Actually back in UT99, there was a tool to convert cache to real files. I was just too lazy to download it, rarely played online too anyways. Always sticks on botspanking because they're quite decent

(It doesn't take much to code 'wander around, kill people, steal flags, go to this place' anyway...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well basically when you have the demos you can download the RCam mutator from here: http://www.speedyshare.com/xVzz8/RenX-R ... dAlone.zip

To install it edited the UDKGame.ini file in Renegade X\UDKGame\Config directory by replacing

"DecalManagerClassPath=Engine.DecalManager" with "DecalManagerClassPath=RenX_RCam_StandAlone.RCamDecalmanager"

A comprehensive tutorial about RCam can be found here (though that tutorial is for the UT3 version so not everything is exactly the same in the RenX version): http://www.ut3darkclan.com/include/down ... orial.html

You will also need the mutators that were running on the server when the demo was recorded. If you played on that server before the mutators should be in your UDKGame\Cache folder. Though they have weird filenames and need to be renamed first and then copied to the CookedPC folder. In the UDKGame\Cache folder there is a Cache.ini showing a mapping from the filename to the real mutator name. Going by that you need to rename the files to the actual mutator names and then need to copy them into the CookedPC folder.

Link seems to have died :(

Anyone have this mutator? Ive messaged Rypel also but if anyone has it ill make a perm link on my EKT site.