Missing Textures?

nBab

I was following kenz's tutorial and was going to add some rocks to my map but i noticed many of my rocks are lacking texture/material. do you have any idea what's going on and how i can fix it?

rock_texture.jpg

Thank you, I could get the rocks to show up after applying a new material to them.

Another thing i noticed is that some of the stuff in the content browser are not loaded and it says that they can't be loaded. is this normal too or i'm doing something wrong?

unable_to_load.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
Thank you, I could get the rocks to show up after applying a new material to them.

Another thing i noticed is that some of the stuff in the content browser are not loaded and it says that they can't be loaded. is this normal too or i'm doing something wrong?

unable_to_load.jpg

Nah, I don't think you should use them

Don't put the materials into the asset btw, just the actor in the level. If not, it's not gonna show up in the game when you publish it

Directional light i just drag and dropped from the actors and rotated it.

I tried rebuilding the lights but it didn't help even if i change the quality from preview to high it's still the same. i could get it to go away by disabling dynamic shadows on the rock but i'm not sure if it's the best way to do it...

• Totem Arts Staff
Directional light i just drag and dropped from the actors and rotated it.

I tried rebuilding the lights but it didn't help even if i change the quality from preview to high it's still the same. i could get it to go away by disabling dynamic shadows on the rock but i'm not sure if it's the best way to do it...

Do you already have DominantDirectionalLight in your level?

That's for your sun anyway

Yes, i have a single dominant directional light for my sun and no other lights in the scene. the settings for the lighting is pretty much what kenz used in his tutorial.

i've searched around a bit and found that these weird shadows are called "shadow acne" and i could almost get rid of them by fiddling with the "cascading shadow maps" settings of the light. i appreciate more input on other/better ways to get rid of them though.

Yes, i have a single dominant directional light for my sun and no other lights in the scene. the settings for the lighting is pretty much what kenz used in his tutorial.

i've searched around a bit and found that these weird shadows are called "shadow acne" and i could almost get rid of them by fiddling with the "cascading shadow maps" settings of the light. i appreciate more input on other/better ways to get rid of them though.

I've had this too. Keep rotating the dominant light till it's gone. Worked out for me that way.