PLease Help! Can't connect to mutiplayer servers

Hello,long time fan of renegadeX,but I am encountering a problem with connecting to any multiplayer server,I have also updated with the launcher so I am at version 4009 the newest one,but when I use either the launcher,or the in game launcher,it does absoulutely nothing,I had no problems at all getting on servers with Beta3.So that's it in a nutshell,and BTW the single player scirmish works just fine,and thanks for all your hard work you have done on this it is really turning into something great,heres my log.Thanks

Launch.log

Edited by Guest

Can you hit the launch game button on the launcher to load the game main menu & hit multiplayer. Do you see the server list? If not would point towards a firewall issue.

Other than that will have to wait for someone who is more familiar with the log output as to me i cant really see anythinig that screams "THIS IS WRONG".

Regards

Goks

[0059.39] Init: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768

[0259.40] NetComeGo: Close TcpNetDriver_0 TcpipConnection_0 62.210.91.79:7777 05/12/15 18:22:26

[0259.44] Log: Pending connect to '62.210.91.79/RenX-FrontEndMap?Name=DethRider-66?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.

Looks like its a connection issue your end. You could see if you can ping the server as the one you are trying to connect to is mine lol - could try winmtr to see if there is packet loss anywhere. http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/ (put in the server ip or dns gameserver.elitekamikazeteam.com)

Also can you join other servers? Maybe try one of the ones that just says Renegade X servers as they will be unlikely to be running the new mods to fix cheating etc etc (might be that :o)

Failing that i cant see anything that shouts out to me on the log, Hopefully RypeL will spot this again and give some words of wisdom!

All the best!

Goks

Well i dont have a degree on connection problems ^^ Pls ask me something about the game logic instead ;-)

Well the UDK log output (as often) is pretty quiet about the reasons of problems so i couldnt find something usefull in the log either besides the part Goku already pointed out: "[0259.44] Log: Pending connect to '62.210.91.79/RenX-FrontEndMap?Name=DethRider-66?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost."

Googling the error message (Your connection to the host has been lost) a bit it seems to happen in other UDK games aswell to some players and it might have something todo with ports beeing blocked for you but didnt find definitive awnsers to it yet. I would continue googling it till you find an awnser to it for other UDK/UE3 games like Chivalry,Red Orchestra etc. The chance that somewhere a solution has been posted in the forums of some of these games i think should be high.

Hello,no luck,shut down my antivirus,and firewall,and am still getting connection lost,I am not trying to critisize anyone here,so please don't take this as offensive,but I never had any problems in the past with any of your earlier betas,and the only thng I could find about connection lost with the UDK 3 engine,is on your end something to do with cooked packs,or something like that,I could try to unblock my ports,I don't really know how to do this,but I'll manage to give it a go,also I am good at figureing out problems on computers,but not when it comes to networking,and ports that kind of stuff.So on the main menu if I select the IP option where do I find the info to put in the boxes?Thanks

"the only thng I could find about connection lost with the UDK 3 engine,is on your end something to do with cooked packs,or something like that"

Im not sure what you mean by that. I guess you could mean:

a) The only serach result you got was related to RenX. In that case you were doring it wrong. I maybe shouldnt have mentioned UDK as most games on this engine dont use UDK and use the full UE3 engine instead (wich we cant as the full UE3 isent full). But still people wont really write "I have problem X on UDK/UE3 Game Y". They will not mention the engine name. They will only name the problem and the name of the game. So when i just searched for "Your connection to the host has been lost" multiple results came up from multiple UDK/UE3 titles. Even if i search for "Your connection to the host has been lost UDK" i get most of those results

or b) You found those other results and went through them and then found something about it maybe beeing linked to cooked packages. But you DID NOT post a link so you found something but then dont link us to it which is not really helpfull.

"So on the main menu if I select the IP option where do I find the info to put in the boxes?"

When you open the launcher and click a server its IP is displayed in the right hand server info screen. Input that into the IP option. Theres also an "join IP" option in the top right of the launcher.

Anyway, just another guess if you have Steam running: Are you running Steam in offline mode ? If yes pls try in online mode. Else pls shut down Steam completely before starting the game and try again.

Anyway, just another guess if you have Steam running: Are you running Steam in offline mode ? If yes pls try in online mode. Else pls shut down Steam completely before starting the game and try again.

About checking ports. It is different for every router, look up yours on Google.

1) But you either type in 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 in your URL where you type websites at.

2) You will get your router mainpage, starting with user/pass request. Enter "admin" and "password" or look up your router's defaults.

3) You go to router "security" or "firewall" or the such. Look for "port forwarding" or "port triggering".

4) Look up on google what "Unreal 3" uses as ports. Enter the port, such as 43udp or 5454tcp, and your device's IP in your network such as 192.168.1.15 (your router should have a list of connected devices, look for YouName_PC)

5) Save settings or apply settings to your router. Try the server connect again

Best of luck, let us know if we can continue trying to help, or join one of the EkT/Tmx Teamspeaks, or IRC at "irc.TheMatrixRen.NET" for faster answers anytime of the day.

About checking ports. It is different for every router, look up yours on Google.

1) But you either type in 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 in your URL where you type websites at.

2) You will get your router mainpage, starting with user/pass request. Enter "admin" and "password" or look up your router's defaults.

3) You go to router "security" or "firewall" or the such. Look for "port forwarding" or "port triggering".

4) Look up on google what "Unreal 3" uses as ports. Enter the port, such as 43udp or 5454tcp, and your device's IP in your network such as 192.168.1.15 (your router should have a list of connected devices, look for YouName_PC)

5) Save settings or apply settings to your router. Try the server connect again

Best of luck, let us know if we can continue trying to help, or join one of the EkT/Tmx Teamspeaks, or IRC at "irc.TheMatrixRen.NET" for faster answers anytime of the day.

Thanks for the help BroTranquility,this forum is a great bunch guys,I have a question,when I click on join wait 3,to,4 min it finally loads,and then I get the message lost connection from host,does that mean it does connect,and then kicks me off?,or does it mean I just never connect?

• 2 weeks later...

OK,I am now in a different state,with the same computer,different router,and different ISP,but I am still getting the same connection to host has been lost,so I know it's not my router,or,ISP it's most likely something on my computer,can somebody,please maybe help steer me in the right direction Toward solving this problem? I am dying to play multiplayer again.Thanks

OK,I am now in a different state,with the same computer,different router,and different ISP,but I am still getting the same connection to host has been lost,so I know it's not my router,or,ISP it's most likely something on my computer,can somebody,please maybe help steer me in the right direction Toward solving this problem? I am dying to play multiplayer again.Thanks

Seems like a connection time out to me, I think its most likely that you're having issues with port forwarding (try enabling UPNP if you have not done that already) or you're having a huge ping.