Under - slight inf path change

Many people are saying Under is slightly GDI favoured (not as much as Canyon, but still).

One of the things I don't like is the infantry path. GDI can literally walk to Airstrip unharmed. And I'm allright with asymmetric map design, but. Nod needs like 2-3 perfectly placed smoke to be able to run to WF. This is almost impossible to achieve in a public game, and even then it will 100% get noticed.

I suggest the infantry path near WF where the AGT can't shoot you should be longer.

Eh, with SBH being cloaked, they can already reach PP and Bar, and GDI has no cloaking units and the tunnels are a bottleneck, I would argue that GDI has an advantage in this map but not infantry-wise.

What would help, is if the GDI Base Opening was a little more wide/straightline from farther into the field (which I distinctly remember Nod being able to shoot in GDI Base from farther in under's field in Classic Ren), and if Nod's base opening was a little sharper of a turn and lined up better with the walled side of the air, because again in classic ren I distinctly remember a narrower opening for arty to focus fire in and a sharper turn for flames and lights and stanks to try and push out from.

Also, yeah, a stank buff.

The entrance of the airtower has high traffic, visible from most of the Nod base and probably mined. If someone manages to get inside I'd say he/she deserves to blow it up. That path basically is a dead end to the Airstrip.

On the other hand GDI PP, ref, wf and bar can be nuked with one smoke, while the Nod refinery is inaccessible by GDI infantry. Sounds fair?

The entrance of the airtower has high traffic, visible from most of the Nod base and probably mined. If someone manages to get inside I'd say he/she deserves to blow it up. That path basically is a dead end to the Airstrip.

On the other hand GDI PP, ref, wf and bar can be nuked with one smoke, while the Nod refinery is inaccessible by GDI infantry. Sounds fair?

Does. Although, in their defense, they were talking about ions and the airstrip's opposite end, the end that nobody sees and is close to the PP.

Btw, in original Ren, you could put an ion between HoN and Air and blow both up. That was fun. Not possible in RenX afaik.

The map is ok. Just, GDI has to win like 7/10 games. I am almost sure that is because of the tank game though.

On the other hand GDI ref, wf and bar can be nuked with one smoke, while the Nod refinery is inaccessible by GDI infantry. Sounds fair?

No. You misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about the obvious PP tunnel route which everyone watches and camps. All the bar, ref and wf you mentioned can only be accesed by this route. And if any infantry can reach even PP then it's already too late and gg.

I was talking about the other inf route, as a second possible, and not so obvious way to reach the GDI base, just like the GDI has one to Airstrip. Again I'm not saying there should be a direct route to wf doors, but it should be possible to reach WF from that route with using only 1 smoke instead of 2-3.

I perfectly understood which way you referred to. My point was, that Nod have full access to all 4 buildings even though through 1 way. GDI has access to 3 buildings with two ways in, but one only leads to the strip. This raises the question, is it really Nod which needs more opportunities?

I believe this is okay, a symmetrical solution would be 4-4 buildings with 2-2 ways in. Also WF can be nuked the non-tunnel way with teamwork, just wait for your teammates to rush in to distract the AGT.

Btw, in original Ren, you could put an ion between HoN and Air and blow both up. That was fun. Not possible in RenX afaik.

It was possible before B4. I was very suprised when realized this the hard way. I always say, if someone manages to pull off some extreme, unlikely stuff he/she should be rewarded for it. Never knew the reason behind this change, but whatevs..

Also WF can be nuked the non-tunnel way with teamwork, just wait for your teammates to rush in to distract the AGT.

This is what is impossible to pull off currently. You need 2-3 perfectly placed smokes, which will 100% alert the whole GDI base. It just never happens in public games, hence I'm asking for a change.

Do you realize that with your proposal Nod not just get access to the WF but all the other buildings as well on a different path, while GDI has opportunities nowhere near that.

Most games GDI dominates field with tanks, with this Nod would get a new possible way in with infantry. I would like this path/run in to be simply hard to do, but not impossible, like as it is now.

(GDI will still see the smoke rising between WF and AGT, in a quite obvious way)

I agree, that GDI path is just too long and unprotected!

5/10 I'll destroy AIR with hottie, most of the time nobody looking.

It's really easy to access HON from AIR, just throw smoke between AIR and HON and you are behind HON.

But there is solution for hottie/air = mines! When hottie jump, plant few mines under that "jump position" and everytime you will hear "boink" ;)

Khm... excuse me, but two nights ago I did blow up AIR and HON with just 1 ion !

maybe add a rock to dash to that you have to time perfectly to get to.

You know when you play peekaboo with the AGT it goes AH HA n fires the missile hits a rock and you make a mad dash for another bit of cover then have to repeat to get to the WF. Would give GDI plenty of time to go eh? why is the AGT shooting over there?

maybe add a rock to dash to that you have to time perfectly to get to.

You know when you play peekaboo with the AGT it goes AH HA n fires the missile hits a rock and you make a mad dash for another bit of cover then have to repeat to get to the WF. Would give GDI plenty of time to go eh? why is the AGT shooting over there?

This would honestly be good with every map within moderation. Like, Goldrush is perfect, except for the halfs of the map that are way too far from the base defense and thus are fodder.

The old glacier and city flying were decent. However, glacier was a bit lengthy and hard to time, and city took at least a single vehicle distraction to get to anything but behind bar or HoN. And on City Flying, APCs could drop infantry anywhere ambiguous of where they actually were dropped so they had to check all buildings.

Khm... excuse me, but two nights ago I did blow up AIR and HON with just 1 ion !

Excuse me, but I didn't say that.

I'm okay with that if there is an extra rock near the WF, but put down some rocks between the airstrip and the Nod refinery to keep it balanced.

I'm okay with that if there is an extra rock near the WF, but put down some rocks between the airstrip and the Nod refinery to keep it balanced.

Or, my version of it, is just, "Rocks, Rocks Everywhere..." ...So basically, stick rocks between structures on every map, as well as short sprints on entrance to the base. Sort of like field, if field had one allowing entry to ref front door, between air and hon, maybe up to oblesk and agt on Under, and the such.

Excuse me, but I didn't say that.

You didn't say, but you agreed with it:

It was possible before B4. I was very suprised when realized this the hard way. I always say, if someone manages to pull off some extreme, unlikely stuff he/she should be rewarded for it. Never knew the reason behind this change, but whatevs..

Btw I like Goku's idea!