Special ideas for Maps

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

So, as some of us know, we seem to like inserting gimmicks in our map, just to name the few

1. Crash Site has meteor crash and destroyed WF that produces Orca for both team

2. Reservoir has Repair Pad and is/was planned to have rising water

3. Coastal has 3 Obelisk on field and Hovercraft and is considered to have Power Plant overload method

So I wanna know if you guys would ever have idea to make something special for a map... for example these are some ideas that crosses my mind

1. Night/Day cycle w/ flooding sea

2. Ion Storm

3. Survival Map

Note : this is just some idea pot. Doesn't mean it's gonna be implemented anytime soon

Cityflying is already being made by the Devs right now. No need to do that.

I'd like to see ion storm really badly.. Thats also why I created that meteor (as the first step towards..)

I think that an actual ion storm would be really tricky due to the many particles that have to be made / assembled.. Not to mention the lightning strikes. I'm looking into creating lightning strikes in the actual map, not just in the background (like mesa II)

It's just a lot of work, and takes some consideration and thinking time on how to approach such things, you can do it in so many ways, but I often wonder what is the best and technically feasible.

As for map idea's go: I'd like to see a destructible urban environment (BF4)

Cityflying is already being made by the Devs right now. No need to do that.

I'd like to see ion storm really badly.. Thats also why I created that meteor (as the first step towards..)

I think that an actual ion storm would be really tricky due to the many particles that have to be made / assembled.. Not to mention the lightning strikes. I'm looking into creating lightning strikes in the actual map, not just in the background (like mesa II)

It's just a lot of work, and takes some consideration and thinking time on how to approach such things, you can do it in so many ways, but I often wonder what is the best and technically feasible.

As for map idea's go: I'd like to see a destructible urban environment (BF4)

I was unaware of this. Where did you hear this from? If it's true, I'm excited. They had trouble before, but I am always excited at the prospect.

I was unaware of this. Where did you hear this from? If it's true, I'm excited. They had trouble before, but I am always excited at the prospect.

Kenz and RypeL told me

Kenz is working on a different map, and RypeL is one of those few guys tinkering with the game mechanics like that difficult to program airdrop system. If it were one of the others, like Neison, I would be just as happy though, CityFlying is one of the biggest things that can benefit this game to come.

Kenz and RypeL told me

Kenz is working on a different map, and RypeL is one of those few guys tinkering with the game mechanics like that difficult to program airdrop system. If it were one of the others, like Neison, I would be just as happy though, CityFlying is one of the biggest things that can benefit this game to come.

I think you misunderstood me there, they are not actually designing the map, they TOLD me that it's under development. I honestly do not know who the creator is.

I thought about this:

- a Nuke / rocket silo or something like that. Basicly give the map an old armybase with nuclear weapons. As soon as someone enables a super weapon (ion / nuke) it will trigger the rocketsilo. But since the base is old the silo can't open and the rocket wil explode in the base killing the PP.

- A carrier where you can either get one or two off the planes like you can fly in Skirmish and where you can get a limited amount of orcas / apache. These give you a huge adventage to get behind enemy lines and kill the PP. This should feature in a base with insane base defenses. Basicly it should make the fight concentrate on getting the aircraft carrier.

It's been tried and failed several time it seems. I'm not sure if anyone is continuing its development or not.

I heard that too. Did a search the first post he made about it to make sure. There hasn't been any talk about it. Neison didn't seem to mention he was doing it in a thread he was in that mentioned it, Kenz is definitely doing something else, I don't know who else could be doing it, but I both wouldn't mind doing it as a community effort nor would I want to do it if we are tredding on a devs work or backtracking over work already in progress...

• Totem Arts Staff
It's been tried and failed several time it seems. I'm not sure if anyone is continuing its development or not.

I heard that too. Did a search the first post he made about it to make sure. There hasn't been any talk about it. Neison didn't seem to mention he was doing it in a thread he was in that mentioned it, Kenz is definitely doing something else, I don't know who else could be doing it, but I both wouldn't mind doing it as a community effort nor would I want to do it if we are tredding on a devs work or backtracking over work already in progress...

wait what am i doing ? ... i never said im not working on stuff officially only thing im showing right now is an unofficial map (a map that will not be in the base game)

city is a cursed map ... and as it is so cursed we had to get a "few Spiritual Cleaners" in to remove the curse but its been hard work as the curse in on the interwebs and moves around all the time ... we got 10% of the curse removed and are working on removing the other 90% you never know it may turn out to be a good thing its been cursed all this time

on a side note im on my way to making a good day night cycle but with any day night system the FPS will take a hit

I always thought it'd be nice to have the silo give options to the team instead of just automatically giving one benefit.

Something like:

1. Harvester dumps +65 each dump, and crates appear as white permanent stars on the minimap.

2. +1 credit tick per 2 seconds, and sidearms become purchasable.

3. Mine limit increased by +10, and all infantry on your team gain an auto-regeneration of 1 HP per 2 seconds.

4. Increase vehicle limit by 2, and "Items" cost reduced by 25%.

5. For 2 minutes, your team gains the ability to see the enemy team chat.

When captured, it would initiate a team vote, and each member votes for what they want. They have 15 seconds to vote, and any tied vote is randomly selected between the tied options. Each selection is situational. The map is largely focused on capturing this (or these) silos in the center of the map.

I also drew out a quick rough shitty mspaint sketch of a map that I believe would play well. Drew it a year back for Renegade, but now that the SDK is out, I think it could play well in X too. The silo's could be added on each side of the center paths. Don't critique the drawing, as it was literally just to show the map layout. The holes in the airstrip and WF walls are holes that are in the wall that allow the ability to shoot those structures from outside of the base, but no vehicles can enter them (they are exit holes similar to canyon's GDI side hole). It's also focused strongly on flying vehicles, but the flying vehicles have to be very cautious. Anyway, here is the sketch: http://postimg.org/image/v8bwnzehp/full/

The idea of the map was a CentralPark theme. So it would be similar to City_flying in terms of visually. I didn't add them in, but there would be trees throughout the center section, and a giant circular fountain on both sides of the open middle-section too. I just don't have the time or patience to learn the SDK :/

5) For 2 minutes, your team can see all the enemy's team chat

That is both spammy if you can see their callouts like q spots, and "artificial" as any high level players using a 3rd party program will easily never give any benefit for tapping their team chat, they are calling out via teamspeak instead.

5) For 2 minutes, your team can see all the enemy's team chat

That is both spammy if you can see their callouts like q spots, and "artificial" as any high level players using a 3rd party program will easily never give any benefit for tapping their team chat, they are calling out via teamspeak instead.

It'd show their chat and q spots, but not their commands. And there's only a very few limited amount of people in-game using teamspeak at any given time. The thing is, the enemy team knows WHEN a silo is captured, but NOT which option is selected by the team. They have no idea if the team chose that option or not. There's only a few situations in which this should be the primary choice anyway. For instance, if you realize that your team will only be able to hold the silo for a very short amount of time, selection #5 gives the most benefit.

All you'd have to do is PM?

You only can do that to 1 person at a time though, and again, you still have no idea if they chose that option or not. That's what makes it interesting.

Sadly, it would have to include Team Votes, which it likely would, but I just say that because 99% of team coordination is done by team-votes. "All get flames and burn their base down" "All buy arts and finish this" "Med Rush Fast and Hard". "About to Plant an Ion on WF roof". Not even yes or no questions, just statements with a Yes/No option. Kinda funny.

So.... some news. Alkaline just suggested me to add Kane to my map as an objective to kill. Anyone up to model the Messiah of Nod?

motivator8409307uc4.jpg

I also can use some help to either make Comm Center/Temple of Nod

Could we do a role reversal of this and have a map where the objective is to kill General Locke or Brigadier General Adam Sheppard?

- Repair Facility for each faction

- destroyable Silo(s) for each faction

- Helipad for each faction

- an ocean map where Nod has a Shore Defense Cannon (the big one from the Renegade mission)

- Nod mini-submarine (like the one from the Stowaway mission) that could transport Nod infantry or attack the GDI Hovercraft

StowawayMission.png.6d29c57a3d6e54472b00405e002ef4bf.png

• Like 1