Good old McFarland

We can all agree he was owerpowered in Beta1 and 2. He was underpowered in Beta3.

I personally feel they almost got it right in Beta4, however, I think it needs a slight nerf, it is a bit overpowered in tunnels, taking on Mendozas and most other characters.

Some people said they think it's fine as it is now.

What do you think?

I think him and rocket soldier are pretty situational. Fun Fact: McFarland is weaker than a grenadier and shotgunner.

He is just a LOT more utility than a grenadier and shotgunner, he has the shotgun get off me weapon, coupled with the grenadier area denial spam for tunnels and against snipers.

If he was a little weaker, like 20% rof reduction, I could live. He can't stand to lose much in damage or range to not go back to Beta 3 mode.

Him and grenadier can use more arc on their weapon too, effectively shortening it's range. They shoot ridiculously far. From Nod Tunnel Entrance to Hand of Nod, is pretty far. GDI could snipe a HoN with grenadiers if they wanted to. If you shorten it, to make them able to hit the Oblesk but only at it's max range, then it would be better as well.

The projectiles for grenadier and flak, move so fast now, that it can't be avoided, unlike old grenadier and flak where you could try to miss the ground impact. The ground just explodes right out from under you a moment after the trigger is pulled it seems.

I'd joke that the flak shot might travel faster than the autorifle bullets.

Another Fun Fact: It makes more sense to give Gunner and Grenadier to switch weapons.

Fun Fact: McFarland is weaker than a grenadier and shotgunner.

Is that accurate when you factor in the RoF of the weapons? Or just per 1 shot? Because imo the real problem with the gun is how fast it can shoot (and that the clip size is a bit too large).

Is that accurate when you factor in the RoF of the weapons? Or just per 1 shot? Because imo the real problem with the gun is how fast it can shoot (and that the clip size is a bit too large).

Yes and Yes. I mean, i actually don't know exactly, but I don't think its 2x the RoF of a grenadier. If it is, I may not be using it right and/or clicking it too slowly.

I am fairly certain a grenadier is just about 2x as damaging. So they are if anything close.

A shotgun though, is in fact more damaging. I am not sure if mcfarlands shotgun can headshot, but I am fairly certain it can yet it cannot 1 hit kill. Even against basic infantry. It does a whole mess of damage, but can't 1 hit kill.

Yes and Yes. I mean, i actually don't know exactly, but I don't think its 2x the RoF of a grenadier. If it is, I may not be using it right and/or clicking it too slowly.

I am fairly certain a grenadier is just about 2x as damaging. So they are if anything close.

A shotgun though, is in fact more damaging. I am not sure if mcfarlands shotgun can headshot, but I am fairly certain it can yet it cannot 1 hit kill. Even against basic infantry. It does a whole mess of damage, but can't 1 hit kill.

Perhaps we can set up a time and date to test this out fully. I don't want to base anything off of uncertainty.

I think the real problem is fast rate of fire of secondary fire. It can set you in fire, its powerful and has big splash gamage, its also good againts vehicles, and projectile is fast.-I see nothing wrong about it! But it shouldt replace primary fire. So...:

RoF of secondary fire should be increased to 2secor something like that. And problem is solved.

Secondary should use 2ammo per shot

That's actually a really solid solution that I think would work well.

Actually, limiting it to where it "doesn't kill in 1 clip" was a suggestion I made in Beta 1.

I still think it may apply today, where a reload give the enemy plenty of chance to either dedicate to rushing in and fighting or bugging out and fleeing. McFarland is effective right now, and I would like it to stay that way, but he used to kill in 4 hits in beta 1, and now he doesn't kill insanely fast but does whittle down a bit too fast.

As long as his whittling away is effective. In Beta 3, his weapon didn't have the splash to hit around corners, and his damage was not intimidating and ran nobody off of you.

Secondary should use 2ammo per shot

That's actually a really solid solution that I think would work well.

Actually, limiting it to where it "doesn't kill in 1 clip" was a suggestion I made in Beta 1.

That doesn't matter though, you shouldn't be trying to kill people with secondary alone to begin with. Use it every 2nd or 3rd shot to supplement primary damage with the burn, and to check corners. 2x ammo usage should promote that.

It's fine that secondary is effective for killing people, it just needs to be punishable in some way