Map Testing/Release Server

DoctorB0NG

Mappers (and others), welcome to the all inclusive, super-awesome thread for releasing and getting a server set up for your map!

Mappers:

If you have a map that you're currently working on and would like it hosted, please PM me or leave a link on this thread. I will:

1) Host the main mirror for your map so that clients can download it

2) Add your map to the official Renegade-X Map Testing server so that you, and others, can test it

3) Remove all other stock maps so that ONLY testing maps are run on the server

4) Give you IRC access to change maps and do other important things

Let me know if there are any specific needs that you have for your map.

Testers:

How to install maps on your client:

1) Copy the .udk (map file) into Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX directory

2) (ONLY IF NEEDED) Copy any relevant .upk (environment files) into Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\RenX\Environments directory

3) (ONLY IF NEEDED) Copy any relevant mutators (.u files) into the Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC directory

Happy mapping,

DoctorB0NG

Holy Julie that was fast! Google drive can't scan the file, but if this is a scam you both got me good. I need this in my life right now despite work in just a few hours. I am so freddy for ready right now!

EDIT: AWww it loaded indefinitely for me trying to start it on skirmish. You had it in it's directory folder when you packed it and I extracted it into RenX which automatically stuck it in the directories, I checked. It is in there correctly, and I see it in skirmish list correctly, with map details as funny as they are, and islands map picture and such. I just wonder what I did wrong :/

• Totem Arts Staff

As I told you. it is a big, imbalanced map. I'm trying to make as not tedious as possible but it's still easier said than done

That's why I recommended 30+, at least until I can discover how to get around the size without deforming the map too much

• Totem Arts Staff

Uh, which one should I download? the latest one, right?

Also, personal request for B0ng, can you compress the map on your mirror? (.zip at least, or .rar if possible). my quota can't really take that much punishment

Of course, you don't really need to do this, but I'd just really appreciate it

Uh, which one should I download? the latest one, right?

Also, personal request for B0ng, can you compress the map on your mirror? (.zip at least, or .rar if possible). my quota can't really take that much punishment

Of course, you don't really need to do this, but I'd just really appreciate it

Right now I'm hosting the .zip file that you had linked me. It's ~45 MB. I can rar it again I suppose.

Lets do this.

Your map was added to the official mirror and is now running on the testing server without issues. Thanks for your hard work.

My map still needs a lot of work before it's ready for testing, but i'm looking forward to it.

What do you guys, Ruud and Handepsilon, like feedback on specifically? Bugs? Ways to get out of the map? Opinions on the balancing? All of the above? Or something else?

• Totem Arts Staff
My map still needs a lot of work before it's ready for testing, but i'm looking forward to it.

What do you guys, Ruud and Handepsilon, like feedback on specifically? Bugs? Ways to get out of the map? Opinions on the balancing? All of the above? Or something else?

All the above, and personally I'm looking for spaces that can be cut down without hampering the map balance.

Actually B0ng, you don't need to mirror that one yet. I just cut down the map size again, accordingly as MrSunshine suggests (see TmX forum topic)

All the above, and personally I'm looking for spaces that can be cut down without hampering the map balance.

Actually B0ng, you don't need to mirror that one yet. I just cut down the map size again, accordingly as MrSunshine suggests (see TmX forum topic)

Updated it anyways :D

Let me know when you have your new, optimized version and we'll get that on there quickly.

• Totem Arts Staff

Updated it anyways :D

Let me know when you have your new, optimized version and we'll get that on there quickly.

But that's the thing B0ng! I'm about to update it very very soon D:

Meh, just let them have Alpha 0.0.3 for a day then

is there no chance to make the server sending all the needed files to the dudes who join the server?

like in the call of duty ? :D

I'm pretty sure this is being worked on and will be the way maps are distributed when they are officially supported.

For the time being I can see if some community members would be willing to write and handy dandy utility for us.

• Totem Arts Staff
is there no chance to make the server sending all the needed files to the dudes who join the server?

like in the call of duty ? :D

I'm pretty sure this is being worked on and will be the way maps are distributed when they are officially supported.

For the time being I can see if some community members would be willing to write and handy dandy utility for us.

Naturally that should've worked like the game caches the mutators they downloaded from the server. UT99 and UT2ks can download maps if the client doesn't have it... (they reject if the existing package mismatches tho) are you sure they're not downloaded in?

Mostly gameplay and balance feedback ! :)

Can we expect your map any time soon as well?

Edit: new version of crash site uploaded.

First I need to complete the dam interior and the tunnel system. at this phase there's no point in testing it yet.

• Totem Arts Staff

First I need to complete the dam interior and the tunnel system. at this phase there's no point in testing it yet.

That kinda sounds like what Ruud should do with his ship :P

• Totem Arts Staff

Downloading..

Edit : To people who downloads CNC-Tutorial, do not, I repeat, do not replace your ini files, instead :

- look for the MapSpecificMineAndVehLimit lines in the UDKRenegade.ini. In the bottom of the list, add

MapSpecificMineAndVehLimit=(MapName="CNC-Tutorial",MineLimit=30,VehicleLimit=7)

- look for the lines GameplayMaps in the UDKMenu.ini. In the bottom of the list, add

GameplayMaps(Filename="CNC-Tutorial", Description="Tutorial",Size="Small",Style="Symmetrical",RecommendedPlayers="16",AirVehicles="Disabled",TechBuildings="1",BaseDefences="Basic",MapImage="ing://RenXFrontEnd.MapImage.___map-pic-cnc-tutorial")

btw just to make sure, do you have time limit set to 0 here B0NG?

• Totem Arts Staff

Commentaries to Thommy's CNC-Tutorial

The map feels... generic at first sight, but that's actually what makes it feel good. Bots are decent and fights well.

Then I came to WF's garage. Thommy put a good set of catwalks inside. This would've been amazing...

...but WF's vehicle rollout path suffered a major flaw. vehicles immediately turn right, causing it to get stuck and blow up when next vehicle comes...

The next spectacle are the bridge on top, which serves nice infantry path on top of field. The field itself is... a maze, need to get used to it.

Legacy wise, while the scene doesn't really feel too familiar with the original tutorial, the placement follows well

Overall, nice map. it's the smallest map I've ever seen in RenX

• Totem Arts Staff

HandEpsilon,

Thanks for supporting my map. And maybe i need to remove the .ini files. It's better to add lines in your own .ini files. And I have to find a way for vehicle rollout. There is not so much space for the vehicles :P

Downloading..

Edit : To people who downloads CNC-Tutorial, do not, I repeat, do not replace your ini files, instead :

- look for the MapSpecificMineAndVehLimit lines in the UDKRenegade.ini. In the bottom of the list, add

MapSpecificMineAndVehLimit=(MapName="CNC-Tutorial",MineLimit=30,VehicleLimit=7)

- look for the lines GameplayMaps in the UDKMenu.ini. In the bottom of the list, add

GameplayMaps(Filename="CNC-Tutorial", Description="Tutorial",Size="Small",Style="Symmetrical",RecommendedPlayers="16",AirVehicles="Disabled",TechBuildings="1",BaseDefences="Basic",MapImage="ing://RenXFrontEnd.MapImage.___map-pic-cnc-tutorial")

btw just to make sure, do you have time limit set to 0 here B0NG?

[attachment=0]TimeLimit.jpg[/attachment]

Time limit is set to 0.

Also, clients only need to change the mine limit if they want to try the map on skirmish. If you just plan on connecting to the server, I take care of the mine limits server side.

okay Thanks

Yo Thommy, I really suggest you rename your map to something else than CNC-Tutorial, along with your map package Rx_Custom_Tut. Kenz might use these names but that does not mean you have to use them. I can only imagine that your current name policy will result in future confusion among server owners.. It's a great looking map and to me it seems to have nice gameplay but, please rename it.

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-LegacyTutorial, maybe? Or CNC-TrainingYard?

Out of current topic... We seem to never have enough players to playtest the maps, and our pathings are usually not done, making it impossible to actually play... I wanna propose a Testing Day until any Custom-Map-supporting update came, but I don't think that's doable....

Also out of topic, for time limit issue, is it still there? I really can't find any config... if it's not my map, try asking Goku how he config Marathon

• Totem Arts Staff
okay Thanks

Yo Thommy, I really suggest you rename your map to something else than CNC-Tutorial, along with your map package Rx_Custom_Tut. Kenz might use these names but that does not mean you have to use them. I can only imagine that your current name policy will result in future confusion among server owners.. It's a great looking map and to me it seems to have nice gameplay but, please rename it.

i plan to rename everything at the end CNC-BeachHead and rx_env_beachhead or want ever i decide to call it (still need some good names :D)

• Totem Arts Staff

Okay. yeah I maybe need to change the name. I've maybe stole some names. But I'm planning to update my map coming month. I've been playing my on the test map server. And I've figured that the vehicle rollout is too small. So I'm thinking of rotating the wf so there is more space to rollout vehicles. And some other fixes.

• Agent unpinned this topic