Weekly Pickup Games

DoctorB0NG

Hey all,

As of late the level of public games seems to have taken a bit of a nose-dive. Weekly PUGs with higher levels of play are a great way to get some great Renegade-X awesomeness in!

Every Saturday at 21:00 GMT (5 PM Eastern) we will be hosting a few pickup games.

TEAMSPEAK IS REQUIRED! Team picking is done on TS and also the password to the server will be given out on TS. Please make sure you have TS configured and working prior to the game.

TS Address: ts.thematrixren.net -- Let me know if you have any issues connecting to this server!

See you all on the battlefield!

DoctorB0NG

So this is how it (roughly) works...

-You show up on TS and gather in the channel with everyone else. Depending on how many people there are we decide on teamsizes, if there will be 1 or 2 servers, etc.

-Captains are picked, they take turns picking players, picked players move into a separate team channel.

-One captain will pick first, the other picks map/side (just 1st map if bo3)

-Anyone not picked in a previous game must be picked for the next game.

You don't have to be super pro or anything, you just have to show up on TS and want to play games that are more fun because everyone on the team is on the same page. Ragers will be told to fuck off

Was pretty fun.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them. I'm assuming the time worked out decently for most people.

Suggestion: Steam or Youtube the games. Both for publicity, gameplay tips, and for pure entertainment.

If I didn't work saturday night, I'd record them, but I use that crazy-low graphic setting I posted in the forum for people with weak pcs. I mean, I still record, but it's likely an eyesore for anyone but me.

• Totem Arts Staff
Was pretty fun.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them. I'm assuming the time worked out decently for most people.

Suggestion: Steam or Youtube the games. Both for publicity, gameplay tips, and for pure entertainment.

If I didn't work saturday night, I'd record them, but I use that crazy-low graphic setting I posted in the forum for people with weak pcs. I mean, I still record, but it's likely an eyesore for anyone but me.

Will do, but I don't usually record the full game so someone else can do that.

Was pretty fun.

Will do, but I don't usually record the full game so someone else can do that.

It's competitive veteran team games, there has to be decent gameplay highlights and exciting endings to matches in there somewhere...

Was pretty fun.

I can stream the next one i guess, dunno how many would tune in though.

• 2 weeks later...

Second week in a row that something up and happened to the scheduled Pickup Games.

But fear not, exciting developments happening, what better way to get pumped for next week than hopes on a lot of good changes to the character balance and junk. There is a good chance the mutator can include some more stuff by next week. Fingers crossed. Even if not, the current mutator's credits and airdrops change hasn't actually been played in an organized Pickup game yet, so it's overdue to be seen how well it fixes inhibition in competitive settings.

I would attend, but I have work Saturday Night and a date next Sunday Morning. Schedule the Pickup Games on a Sunday or Monday night and I have no reason not to show up.

Was there any yesterday?

I think it got canceled or people left before it started. I don't know the details but I noticed this in the TmX shoutbox.

Yeah we are sorry for that, the only 3 people who knew the password for the server was unavailable...and by the time a workaround was made, most of the people (around 20) left.

We just had a really good set of 3 pickup games today. Real close in many cases. I recorded, terrible quality but I asked other attendees and they all declined so I was a last resort. I will upload it within 2 days.

You guys should watch it, not just because I recorded, but because the games were really fun despite 2 teams of 7. I personally like smaller teams, require more coordination like Mobas, also less stalemates. It really makes RenX shine when seen in that light, despite my terribly low graphics settings in the game itself.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I apologize for not making a post earlier, my PSU died and I couldn't make the post with more time.

As everyone who weekly played on the PUG that B0NG hosted has noticed, last week it didn't take place. As we don't know if bong is going to host another one from now on the weekly PUG server will be made in one of the TmX servers.

Everyone who wants to participate and join the PUG is welcome even if he isn't a TmX member. There is only 1 requirement, be connected on TeamSpeak on Saturday. Even if someone can't talk it is enough if you can listen :). The time can be chosen if you think 9pm is not the best time for everyone. If not it will be at that hour.

Let everyone know ingame just in case they don't see this post, is funnier with more people! We will also need to choose 2 new commanders (I don't really know how it was made on latest PUGs ^^) to lead the teams!

Every team will have a 2-5 minutes pre-game talk before the game starts so they can set up a strategy and positions in the team.

And I think that's all for now. I will edit if there is something new. Also, if you want to suggest any options, mutators... to make the game better as there were in bong's server (I only remember the 500 sniper with 7 bullets/magazine), feel free to post it here (or TmX forums) and I will try to set them up asap.

Have fun ingame and see you tomorrow, soldiers!

This is just to make the PUG more stable, if bong wants to host it and he just couldn't make it last week then he can say it, and if some weeks he can't host the PUG because he can't make it in time for it then we can host it instead of him. That will allow everyone to have their weekly PUG not matter what happens.

I asked him like 2 days ago, and he said he isn't into RenX right now but of course he will host them weekly, it doesn't take much effort to get on weekly. Also, he said they actually did host the pickup game last week but attendance was low. I am busy on Saturdays, but I am getting on just because of this.

If you want to have a backup server ready, make sure to use the latest agreed upon balance mutator. They can vote here whether or not to do 500 sniper change. I personally made a stealth tank change mutator here, it is separate from the other because checkreplacement didn't want to cooperate together when I tried combining them.

http://www.filedropper.com/stankmod

Last week we were waiting for some time to make the PUG but as I've been told, bong didn't show up that's why it didn't took place. Sorry if I'm wrong, I wasnt on TS because I was in another server with some friends, but I was waiting for confirmation and nothing happened.

What time, using the online CountdownTimer site, are we doing pickup games today? I will ask bong an hour in advance. If he isn't to be found 30-20 minutes ahead of time, I will let you if you are to be found. If not, Goku and I will do it. Either way, we are playing pickup games. IMO, even if they are 6v6, I would play it. I just have an overnight job and it eats into time saturday.

I will be here all day. We also have a backup server if needed. If I'm not on TS then I will be on TmX IRC. Anyway I will try to be at TS since 8:30 pm GMT. So the PUG will be at 9pm? On TmX forums 2 players said that they can't make it at 9pm but yes at 10.30- 11pm.

I will be here all day. We also have a backup server if needed. If I'm not on TS then I will be on TmX IRC. Anyway I will try to be at TS since 8:30 pm GMT. So the PUG will be at 9pm? On TmX forums 2 players said that they can't make it at 9pm but yes at 10.30- 11pm.

1) Can the rest of the players also make it at 11? Because 11 becomes dangerously late for me. EDIT: Go home, your drunk. It has always been 11 gmt, 4 central us.

2) Bong as of right now is on teamspeak and said he has the server ready for today. But yeah, I will set a countdown timer here for now on so everyone knows when the time will be.

Edit: I was hoping to get on, but random power outage :( so let me know the turnout.

The link to the new countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... ames&swk=1

It is 2 hours earlier next sunday. That way, EU gets on at 9-11pm. US Central is 2pm. Sorry such a wide gap, I don't control the Atlantic Ocean...

Thats a bit more managable for the EU guys, great. Tokyio might disagree though as I heard he played from oceania region?

If it wasnt for the time after the 3rd round (0:30am Amsterdam time) I would have played longer. Next week is a no go for me tho. I'm not home ;)

While it may sound nice, increasing the frequency, also puts more stress on the organizers, resulting in splitting the attendees over the possible days it's organized.

For me, it's either 1 or the other day, not both.

People organizing the teams and server n stuff could get stressed out for the obligationness of multiple organizes.

I might over exaggerate a bit though, but to me, it looked stressful last saturday, getting the people together on the same time

I had trouble when my power randomly turned off at home. No storm, no warning, no quick response, just turned off 25 minutes prior to game, and stayed off 6 hours. They can get away with anything these days.

Anyway, I don't think the server that is set aside for pickup games is too difficult to organize and launch. Especially with multiple organizers. I will ask him, if he does think it is possible that it would stress it too much, I will respect that.

Ask for divided attendance, I don't see why anyone would ditch one game for the other, and wait a whole week for more fun. Am I the only one that would attend both because 6 days of wait seems too long?

Dont get me wrong, I would attend both if I could and felt up to doing so. Renegade is played best, when 2 teams are trying to organize stuff all the time.

However, we do need a few designated teamleaders who are up to leading and organizing tactics and stuff.

Well its 3 minutes till, and no b0ng yet. So, Nero or someone else, have a free server?

I am surprised more people aren't showing up, but I will assume they didn't get the "2 hours earlier" memo. I will announce it this pickup game if we can organize it in a jiffy.

EDIT: There wasn't a pickup game tonight. The server was open but we had 9 attendees. Still had a fun night of Renegade though. Attendance should pick up next week. Also, most were unaware of the time change of it, I was on for both times, the new suggested and original times. I think perhaps we should either stick to old times or solidly announce the new time on the TMX Bot Message throughout the week.

• 2 weeks later...