Anyone here bored of Renegade X?

RelentlessChaos

I've had problems with maps and time.

I have time to play generally around midnight. Like, around now. Lets see how many players are on, friday night... 17, and 11.

I only enjoy 40 players servers. I don't even join 30 players one (I still wish we had more than 40 and hearing we'll NEVER get more killed a lot of joy out of me, 40 just ain't enough especially with how oversized the Renegade X maps are).

I also avoid quite a few maps completely. Field, Lakeside, Goldrush and X-Mountain I just don't bother no more.

So its pretty hard to even find a chance to play.

Erm im the same with Walls.

Few of my more sneaky guys have stopped playing because its pointless killing the Air/WF, i kinda agree but do like the Bar/Hon Changes.....

As for me yeh I dont play a huge amount since the changes, they annoy the hell outta me but it still gets up to 80-90 people in total at peak times so I dont think everyone has suddenly got bored or what not. I think the beta2 crashes scared most of the american players away.

As for the server player cap with the current playerbase we have atm i dont think it will get increased anytime soon. Wonder if EA will give us the steam if they did im sure things would get busy at least for a while anyways.

The airstrip / WF changes make the game less fun and that's one off the reasons I don't play as often as I did. I am not bored of the game. It's just a fact that if you lose WF / Strip early that you have a huge chance of winning. More mines in other buildings, less buildings to defense.

I've seen so many rounds where a team had the lead all game till a building went down only to see the game become a stalemate and see the losing team suddenly win cause they could access every vehicle. The winning team got annoyed and some people left, the losing team had a huge benefit and while not earning it they won the round.

I decided to just play less hours a week, I try to play when I think there's some quality rounds going on, so in the evenings generally, when the server has 35-40 players online. And sometimes you do get good games, and other times just multiple shitty ones in a row. The best ones are the ones where a lot of players cooporate in team work and it doesnt take 10 minutes to get half a rush together, just to fail hard because not enough people joined or you waited too long.

And sometimes there's just no communication or organizing going on, and those are the boring games imo, feels very pointless. It's C&C Mode, not Deatmatch....

I hope they change the Airstrip and WF to how Barracks and HoN are when they are destroyed, in that you only have access to the lower tier vehicles (Humvee/Buggy & APC, and maybe Artillery & MRLS, just maybe). When is 4.03 coming? :D

The only time I avoid playing after I have launched the game is when there is less than 20 player in-game. I really wish the player count would at least get increased to 50 per server, because the smaller games just aren't that fun right now.

The larger games are very enjoyable though. I don't really care what map it is; I'll play on any of them.

If vehicle physics get fixed, I think the gameplay would improve a lot. As is, I barely ever even bother entering a vehicle, because I can do so much more with infantry simply because vehicles are a pain to control.

Yes i am definatly bored of Renegade X and about what comes with it.

Don't... troll the feed? I don't even know what to say about that lol.

Am I the only one btw, that intentionally gets on in the deader hours because I like 14v14 more than 20v20?

I doubt he's trolling. RypeL got sick of working for this game a while ago, and heck I'm surprised he came back to it at all, I thought he said he was done with it.

Where is everyone else? Is RypeL the only programmer left? I see nobody besides mappers ever say a thing at all, which leaves it all on his shoulders.

Yeah I've kinda given up until they do something with airdrops, a completely broken system. Aside from that I will not even attempt to play field.

The airdrops were not even supposed to be forced on everyone and supposed to be a server-side setting.

The fact that they're forced and not balanced right now turned out be an issue.

Am I the only one btw, that intentionally gets on in the deader hours because I like 14v14 more than 20v20?

I doubt he's trolling. RypeL got sick of working for this game a while ago, and heck I'm surprised he came back to it at all, I thought he said he was done with it.

Where is everyone else? Is RypeL the only programmer left? I see nobody besides mappers ever say a thing at all, which leaves it all on his shoulders.

At the very least, I appreciate him being here. I see some devs, but a project this big, even if something is already built so it just needs building onto, is a large burden ofc.

The game plays really well. The balance and extra features are just fine-tuning.

I for one love the idea of a weapon/air drop system, only thing that needs added/changed is there to be a server side setting in which you can change the time in which players can call in an airdrop, I think its just to short at the moment, I would say 1 drop every 10 mins per player and would make things much better.

Bored of Renegade X? are you kidding me? Hell NO!

I play this almost every day and enjoy every single minute of it once there is enough players. This is my favourite game and I play it more than any other title I own. Maybe some of you are simply playing it too much.

Damn. Straight from a developer.

We love the devs wouldnt have this game otherwise.

I wish more people with dev talent would be interested in helping. I mean, this game is awesome, and UDK isn't that hard.

I also hope Rypel knows he is a badass and we all love him so he continues to hang in there for us.

We need more maps!! Also some special chaotic-small maps with a BAR and HON only for example, where you have to GOGOGO!! RUSH RUSH RUSH and defend as fuck. I'd expect the gameplay to be no more than 10-15 minutes of those maps but it'll be much fun I think. (Yes I know I can also create those myself, but haven't got much time ATM, so I'm poking people right now to join the party)

^ To be honest I wish every map in the game got shrunk. The fact that all the new maps are ridiculously big has killed a lot of the fun. Used to love Under, but its just a hiding fest now with lame spots and I just don't have fun going out as infantry anymore.

Renegade X really killed a lot of the fun of infantry with its huge ass maps which are even more sniper driven than ever.

I think we need to start using custom maps asap.

^ To be honest I wish every map in the game got shrunk. The fact that all the new maps are ridiculously big has killed a lot of the fun. Used to love Under, but its just a hiding fest now with lame spots and I just don't have fun going out as infantry anymore.

Renegade X really killed a lot of the fun of infantry with its huge ass maps which are even more sniper driven than ever.

I think we need to start using custom maps asap.

I too wish that they were shrunk. They seem to be made with 50-64 players in mind (all but a few, at least).

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't been on in like 2 weeks, got burnt out on it I guess. Probably due to match length.

Back to the Original Post. If it makes you feel better, match length has been acknowledged.

What made Moba's so signature, is their scaling. It isn't just the fact it gets more extreme as people get stronger, it is the fact that everyone outgrows the objective and that facilitates games possibly being real quick but NEVER being excessively long.

Now, RenX isn't a moba, and who knows if it would be as fun if it were a moba. But it needs that progression, without changing the game into something it isn't. If it changes too much, it loses the veteran fanbase which is real important. If it stays the same with 18 hours of much the same throwing away a life over and over, it won't collect any more players than the veterans, which are also real important.

It needs a way to make games reliably end in 30 minutes, that isn't something artificial like "turn off base defenses" because we tried that and it just makes the game dice roll for who's base dies first with the entire 30 minute match meaning nothing prior to the base defense shutdown. It needs a way, to play exactly like it does now, but for some sort of progression to naturally end the game after enough valiant effort is displayed during the length of the match's playthrough.

Another thought about AOW too, is that when I watch Kenz, I see him play either 12-16 minute games, or 40 minute long games. Nothing ever in between. I think AOW should be 24 minutes long. Given the fact that the field switches hands many times by then, and 12 minutes is plenty of time to break a base siege and regain score, especially when you gain score by defending a base siege. But that is just a side-thought. The ideal thing, would be not needing a time limit or a marathon/aow server, because the game did something to enable a team to earn a deserving victory out of hard work in 24 minutes instead of sometimes 5 hours.

Haven't been on in like 2 weeks, got burnt out on it I guess. Probably due to match length.

Back to the Original Post. If it makes you feel better, match length has been acknowledged.

What made Moba's so signature, is their scaling. It isn't just the fact it gets more extreme as people get stronger, it is the fact that everyone outgrows the objective and that facilitates games possibly being real quick but NEVER being excessively long.

Now, RenX isn't a moba, and who knows if it would be as fun if it were a moba. But it needs that progression, without changing the game into something it isn't. If it changes too much, it loses the veteran fanbase which is real important. If it stays the same with 18 hours of much the same throwing away a life over and over, it won't collect any more players than the veterans, which are also real important.

It needs a way to make games reliably end in 30 minutes, that isn't something artificial like "turn off base defenses" because we tried that and it just makes the game dice roll for who's base dies first with the entire 30 minute match meaning nothing prior to the base defense shutdown. It needs a way, to play exactly like it does now, but for some sort of progression to naturally end the game after enough valiant effort is displayed during the length of the match's playthrough.

Another thought about AOW too, is that when I watch Kenz, I see him play either 12-16 minute games, or 40 minute long games. Nothing ever in between. I think AOW should be 24 minutes long. Given the fact that the field switches hands many times by then, and 12 minutes is plenty of time to break a base siege and regain score, especially when you gain score by defending a base siege. But that is just a side-thought. The ideal thing, would be not needing a time limit or a marathon/aow server, because the game did something to enable a team to earn a deserving victory out of hard work in 24 minutes instead of sometimes 5 hours.

Marathon is one of my favourite settings for games, simply because it renders the point whoring obsolete in terms of victory.

It promotes teamwork.

Now, teamwork can also exist in timed-games (AOW) but points are the decisive factor in the end when time runs out, which is the one thing I dont like.

What if, to promote teamwork, we get automated EVA messages filling the screen (with sound) for 2 seconds or so, telling the team at the 15 minute - 30 minute - 45 minute marks to start buying medium/mammoth/light/flamer tanks (depending of team) to prepare for a rush, 5 minutes after the initial message.

Not to actually start a rush or anything, just as a friendly reminder to team-up and organize rushes together.

Players usually suggest rushes plenty. Also, if the games were progressive, rushes would be tried more frequently.

The discussion is present now, I am just saying RypeL agrees that the game stands to gain a real chance to build a playerbase of newcomers rather than constantly flux out the players that flux in, if the game mode had real steady progress rather than random bursts of progress when a structure dies, and an ideal 15-35 minute time a game is definitely finished by. Consistency. Not identical, not literally the same timeframe every game, some flexibility for shorter or longer depending on if a team kicks ass. But consistent and reasonable to the average player. Right now, AoW often ends with both bases intact so it feels incomplete, and marathon requires more patience than Planetside 2 or close to Runescape.

Players usually suggest rushes plenty. Also, if the games were progressive, rushes would be tried more frequently.

The discussion is present now, I am just saying RypeL agrees that the game stands to gain a real chance to build a playerbase of newcomers rather than constantly flux out the players that flux in, if the game mode had real steady progress rather than random bursts of progress when a structure dies, and an ideal 15-35 minute time a game is definitely finished by. Consistency. Not identical, not literally the same timeframe every game, some flexibility for shorter or longer depending on if a team kicks ass. But consistent and reasonable to the average player. Right now, AoW often ends with both bases intact so it feels incomplete, and marathon requires more patience than Planetside 2 or close to Runescape.