• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To spawn stuff:

Press F5 and enter:

sandboxspawn

so, sandboxspawn renx_game.rx_vehicle_buggy

so, sandboxspawn renx_game.rx_vehicle_mediumtank

as for the prism tank and mirage tank (as they are mutators)

sandboxspawn rx_prismtank.rx_vehicle_prismtank

sandboxspawn rx_miragetank.rx_vehicle_miragetank

every part would be helpfull. if we have more modellers. we can make more assets/units.

if we have texturerers we can finish the actuell models

if we have a udk modder he can help us with units scripts and such stuff

so everything is helpfull :D

edit: first part of the soviet barracks

Statue will be made later.. cuz its "organic" shape and im horrible at this kind of work :P

azgoi9dl.jpg

Nice to see some progress on this. But as the project now seems to pick up some speed I think we should warn you that EA might not be ok with it. EA told us to not use the C&C name anywhere. The same should count for this project. EA also told us that they are ok with RenX using the C&C license (besides the C&C title) in the current iteration of RenX, but that new "major releases" are not allowed unless EA´s is asked about that again. Your mod should count as a new major release and thus to be total save you would need to ask EA if they are ok with it otherwise there is some risk that they might shut it down as it is not covered by EAs agreement with RenX.

Nice to see some progress on this. But as the project now seems to pick up some speed I think we should warn you that EA might not be ok with it. EA told us to not use the C&C name anywhere. The same should count for this project. EA also told us that they are ok with RenX using the C&C license (besides the C&C title) in the current iteration of RenX, but that new "major releases" are not allowed unless EA´s is asked about that again. Your mod should count as a new major release and thus to be total save you would need to ask EA if they are ok with it otherwise there is some risk that they might shut it down as it is not covered by EAs agreement with RenX.

thx for the warning. i will contact them as soon as possible :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Bad News:

Guys i had contact with ea.. the denied our request and told us not to use any material from them.

Material means everything from sounds/music, storyline, shapes and designs and such on.

here the original text

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to Electronic Arts Inc. regarding your interest in using Red Alert 2. While we appreciate the passion that players like you have for our games and are delighted the franchise has inspired you to celebrate Red Alert in this way, we are unable to authorize your request to use our materials in your project. We have great respect for our fans and hope this response does not diminish your interest in our games.

Thank you,

EA Permission Requests Team

This means that we cant make our mod anymore.

its pretty much dissapointing.. but i accept this decision.

Im sry for this Kind of message but we have no choice.

for everyone who likes my models.. i uploadet them here in several formats. feel free to use them where you want. would be cool to have credits then :P

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0V-S ... VdZU3JHSHc

heres a picture of all the stuff which is include. you maybe miss the allied barracks.. but.. i made a strange mistake.. so i destroyd the shape :mad:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0V-S ... WZyb1hZeG8

Well first thing in your case that I would do is contact dudes at W3DHub who are making Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising and ask them how they manage to keep their project going.

they have a ok since long time. Same like renegade x. seems that ea has changed his politics in that. maybe cuz they made something similar.. like the tiberium shooter or a new bf.

Hold on Ska-Ara! This one is for you:

ldyZ-Pdo418

I am not a lawyer, but let's examine this problem. First of, you wouldn't harm EA's business by any means, like many other software modifications are harmless, the same applies here as long as this work stays free to play, and you don't take advantage of EA's legally owned brandnames. (See below)

However if the developers of Renegade X received a green light in exchange of the promise that they won't release additionally anything major, your modification might harm Renegade X, because of this disadvantageous deal. Is this the reason why Renegade X doesn't have a good pr? One could say the game is forced to hide in the shadows?

Does it mean nobody could develop Dune, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, (unfinished) Renegade 2-era weaponry?

Having said that it is not completely clear to me what does EA mean with this clause presented by RypeL.

I am encouraging you to consider renaming your modification: strip the Red Alert brand name. Also, state officially, that this work is a submod of Renegade X. I can't belive the legals of EA would come after you: scores of various modifications of various C&C games are in development right now. I am referring to Moddb here.

We don't know how did you compose your letter. I strongly advice you to reconsider. Don't demolish your work, look after the legal issues of software modifications.

Of course we can't have EA to harm Renegade X, however I belive in this case the status of your mod would be a mere addition to the coregame: the renamed Red Alert modification could be a gametype in Renegade X! -With the developer's permission of course.

Renegade X even has a Tesla tank, "all you have to do" is to build around that vehicle with other models and scripts!

I strongly belive such approach is totally unassailable.

sry dude. i has many discusions on moddb to this topic.. so i want to make it short here.

i have to follow german and american law. in both countries there are very much copyright laws.. and one of them is pretty much clear. dont know the extact spelling.. but it should be something like this : " dont use what you dont own"

so in easy words: i dont want to make my mod when ea dont give the permission to it. because there are many law risks for me.

maybe someday.. someone want to be my free advocate .. then we can talk about that again :P

I see. But your mod would be a fan, gaming mod, isn't it? What is the deal with other C&C game mods then? Why is even Moddb exists?

But all right, EA holds special rights although they can't spend time to write down their general policy on modding. The only thing I have found is this:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/ea-games ... arty-mods/

This is nothing.

Now think about how much work you had with this modification, and think about that sole mate at EA, whom denied your application on first sight. Within minutes the ignorant he or she sealed months of work! Wouldn't you like them to reconsider?

Maybe your letter was partially unacceptable to EA. You should assort them.

I looked into the Command and Conquer ultimate collection EULA. In it, sure I have found this: " EA reserves all right, title and interest in the Software (including all characters, storyline, images, photographs,animations, video, music, text), and all associated copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein."

Also "...you may not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Software, or any component thereof, by any means whatsoever. You may not remove, alter, or obscure any product identification, copyright, or other intellectual property notices in the Software."

It is clear, that EA holds the right of forbidding to decompress videos, pictures, sound files, etc from their games.

So you shouldn't use sound effects, pictures, or models from the games.

If you model your assets, create own sound effects, you avoid the infringement.

I still uphold my opinion that your mod would be legally a Renegade X modification. Renegade X is classified as "a mod for non-C&C games". It is UDK. Your mod is not even a modification of an EA game! But this is not everything right?

Your modification would be free of charge and your mod wouldn't solicit donations. This is a terminology and requirement invented by other publishers on the topic of modding. So you wouldn't harm EA's business.

Secondly by creating your own gaming materials, you avoid to infringe their intellectual property.

You can't possibly tell me, by putting a mirage tank in game, you would commit a crime. Mirage tank is not a terminology copyrighted by EA.

I strongly belive you give up too easily, just because somebody at EA didn't took time to think over your application.

This is a very interesting essay on modding-ethics: http://firstmonday.org/article/view/2971/2529

This was not a cease and desist appeal: you could go around. But if you really want to hit the brakes, I can accept that. Alas, I had no time in my life to contribute, I was a mere excited observer. Good luck to you Ska-Ara!

Also, this is interesting: http://9gag.com/gag/a1M8XNY

The alpha of Star Wars battlefront (which was killed by EA) by Free Radical Design, leaked out in 2016, and people have started to port it to Unreal engine and they want to finish it. Without EA. Well good luck to them, but you know already why did I post this. :)

problem is like many projects before.. ea can kill this project (battlefront 3) everime they want to.

its like the same like the private metal gear one project.. or the lord of the ring mod for skyrim. many years of work wasted cuz copyrights^^