Red Alert 2 Modification

Ska-Ara

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So dudes.. back from the Vegetation.. or Vagetation.. vegetables... nah.. nevermind.. im back from holydays g :D

so here the latest progress from the Flak/Half-Track.

zj7mxpfn.jpg

its nearly finished i think^^

on this post i want to say again.. im looking for new team members

nearly all positions could be filled with helpers

- 3d Modellers

- Textur Artists

- Mapper

- Sound Editors

- UDK Scripter

the more work we do.. the faster the mod can be released :D

• 2 weeks later...

how i said meta.. the bump/normal map is much to high^^

but the tank is very the same like the ra 2 voxel. see here

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=75056&start=75#p151688

the problem of ra 2 is that the game uses very different pictures and models.

f.e the V3.

The are in the load screen some kind of old truck

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc ... 0221200549

an early conept art show this massive launcher

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc ... 0107190057

in the game the icon is this

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc ... 1213005912

the game truck is finaly a mixture of all of them xD

Edit: Heres the Finished Flak Truck, and the V3 Launcher

qdo8mlax.jpg

jvuwoq8l.jpg

zzdtfjx5.jpg

@Ska-Ra

Allthough I find your adaptation of the voxelmodel quiete well done and feelslike the ingame mirage tank but unfortuanetely you missed many details which are seen in the concept art:

latest?cb=20101118125414

there is also a really good version made by "EpicTones" on DeviantARt...check it out:

wilkommen_in_berlin_by_epictones-d3h87pt.jpg

I will try to make it more like this i guess... what do you think?

meta how i told many posts before.. i dont go after concept arts.. i go after the voxel models .. to make them feel like the game vehicles not the render or cocept stuff.. so cuz that i would like if u make the stuff like the concepts

u can surely add deteils no problem. but pls dont change the shape of the tanks :D f.e the barrel of the mirage or the "tower" itself^^

So Dudes , thx for all the Comments and "well done´s" :D

The Actuell Status is that i make the Rhyno tank at these days.. after that the Apocalypse Tank is ready for order :P

How i often told the guys is that i first want to make all the basic stuff. So the Tesla tank, or German Tank Destroyer are comming later after the basic stuff.

In my mind i think the complette full Ra2 Stuff could be make in several Steps

Next to do are the last 2 Basic Soviert Vehicles and after that the Buildings like the Powerplant, Warfactory and such stuff.

Step 1.

Meshing of all Basic Stuff

Allieds are checked

Soviets are in the Making.

Step 2.

Texturing the Stuff and make them "Game ready"

Step 3.

Release it as an alpha test mod. think its more an showcase as an serious game mod

Step 4.

in step 4 we should try to modify different values to make unity balanced to each other

in this time we need some testers which will help to make a good choice between firepower/armor/range

in these "testphase" i will make the special vehicles which are good to play. Like tesla tank, german destroyer

Step 5.

Beta Status and first "real" release.

I hope that the Mod is at a point where ppl or servers can play with it with much fun even when some stuff are still missed or not perfectly.

Step 6+

Making the other stuff for the mod

MAYBE Naval Units, MAYBE Yuri and so on.

You see guys its still a long way. I hope that we find on this long road some more helpers and Teammembers

Still looking for UDK Scripters, 3d Modellers, Textureres and all other guys which could help :D

Notice: Charakter Units are very hard to make for me.. and as long we dont find a charakter "artist" we have to use the Ren X Charakter Units sry for that.

This all is stil just a plan and can be changed in the whole progress.. but i thougt it could be interessting to see how i think how the ways should go

I can't see how Yuri can fit in the game most of his stuff are mind control and he has little of his own units (lasher,gattling,UFO are the only tanks I could see work here master mind and magnetron could be OP :P )

however a Yuri clone can be taken from a crate and he can steal any enemy (weather tank or inf) and the player controls him though I think that would be difficult to script

also maybe you can make "IN DEEP" the main menu music it's such a kickass soundtrack till today!

• 3 weeks later...
Super-Kh":2m9kv7pu]I can't see how Yuri can fit in the game most of his stuff are mind control and he has little of his own units (lasher,gattling,UFO are the only tanks I could see work here master mind and magnetron could be OP :P )

however a Yuri clone can be taken from a crate and he can steal any enemy (weather tank or inf) and the player controls him though I think that would be difficult to script

also maybe you can make "IN DEEP" the main menu music it's such a kickass soundtrack till today!

Too get the best effect of Mind-Controlling another player's unit could consist of;

When under mind-control the player being controlled is temporarily recognised as the other team,

this player cannot harm anyone on the opposing team but can now only harm his/her own team,

players on his team can hurt him and kill him but will he fight back?

Mind-control ceases when either the controller or controlled have died.

For you see, you don't need to literally control the player but just change and control their surroundings.

@madkill40 what if the player doesnt want to attack his team? he has the choice not to do so, so i guess he will not want to attack his team, i think that the player should still be in the vehicle and cannot move or do anything BUT an ai takes control over him or his tank and all he can do is watch himself or his tank shoot his friends :D

@Havoc89 the tesla coil is ready if you want ( still doesnt have textures). meta-mind is currently working on the textures, but if you want, i can make simple plain color textures for it and you can use it.

So next week im fully starting work here.

The new year is comming and i want to bring this year the first usable stuff.

We nearly modelled all basic vehicles for the game , the soviet buildings are not that far, and after that we just need to bring them ingame :P

surely it will need months to make it all finish, but i think it could be really cool at the end.

But i also want to remeber that we just 3 "hobby" artists here. SO dont expect that all work has the same quality as the renx stuff. We do our bust and we do it with fun and hopefully u will enjoy that too.

I also want to use this Lines to ask if anybody can help us too!

You dont need to join our team, ull dont have any comitmend.

I just know that there are many guys with know how in different kinds . There are Modellers, Mappers, Scripters, maybe sound artists? Who knows.

Maybe one of you guys want to share his know how. Maybe one want to help with a model or a map or ect.

If is so. then just do it :D we will happy about every help in every kind :D

the mire guys are helping the faster the Mod will grow up :D

So then. Happy New year everyone and lets keep working ;)

the interior stuff is a bit tricky, i dont make them finaly somewhere but in my mind i think following could work

Allied/Soviet Powerplant: In the "Collumns"

Allied Ref: in the backside

allied warfac: in the backside tower

barracs : yea in the barracs

airfield: in the building himself

low defense: has no interior

high defense: not know exactly. i think they need one.. but then they need to be much bigger then in ra2.. so we will see later^^

basement is an easy way to make an interior yea. but it will need "holes" in every map to stick in. I dont know if that a good way

What if you put the MCT's of the Allied Power Plant on the gaps between the towers, and make it a walk-able path with a concete floor?

I would use a basement as you said for the Soviet Tesla Reactor to put the MCT in, containing some controls and whatnot as a decration.

mhh the basement solution.. is that easy to make "Holes" in the ground to but that basements in?

because when i use flat grounds u would see the ground IN the walkways, so it need holes to get in.

i never mapped in udk so i dont know if there a way to make a "holes" under every building to make space for the basement.

when it works.. it will be a good solution for many buildings

f.e powerplants, high deffence towers and some more

• Totem Arts Staff

Two allied PP fences can be solidified into wall and becomes the entrance and one of the column that connected to it can become the host of interior and mct. It will negate the triple symmetry of the PP, but I think it will still look cool

Holes are easy assuming the floor is landscape or bsp. If it's Static Mesh, you're screwed tho. That's a rare case, however

I think metal would be better material than glass for Red Alert themed logo.

Also, I find your glassy take on "Renegade X" part of logo hard to read.

Color changes vertically way too much for the size of text.

It goes light blue -> dark blue -> somewhat light blue again.