Red Alert 2 Modification

Ska-Ara

i wil try it formyself :D

and one question to the texturing. do u guys want it with the coulour realistic (green/Brown camouflage) , like ra 2 (metalic, silver/blue ) ? i test some stuff and blue looks very.. strange in my opinion.

heres to very cheap&fast previews for u to understand what i mean. (that is not even nearly final stuff! xD)

tuj3xvkk.jpg

uhcb9e7l.jpg

i prefer the green one.. looks more natural

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you already know this, but... :P

The reason why the pillbox is blue is because the allies' colour is blue, and therefore the pillbox has that colour. I'd say keep it blue as the pillbox is not really supposed to be stealthy and you would have to re-texture the pillbox for every possible environment for mappers to make them really camouflaged. Blue will fit no matter what because that's the colour of the base it should be in. There is a reason why it's named not after RA1's Camo pillbox, you know! :D

so in easy words u prefer the "blue" tanks?

Whoops! I'm sorry, I didn't read through your post properly and the images didn't load for me due to slow internet. I automatically assumed you talked about the pillbox you tried to texture a while ago, my bad! :o

But yes, my camouflaging argument still stands.

at the moment im just plannig to make allied land units and buildings, after that i want to make soviet land units and buildings.

after that i want to make air units, f.e. harrier, nighthawk, and on russians side kirov and maybe an transport hellcopter.

that is was im surely want to do.

Yuri Stuff, naval units and such special stuff can i make after i finished the "basic" stuff.

so its a long road for a single dude :P

but you guys can help me if u found some 3d artists, and such stuff ^^

Edit: I found a good way for me to make the texture. so i think i could make the grizzly ready for the game in one week ^^

so dudes.. i test alot of hours today.. to make this here

qxwf6uiw.jpg

thats my own kind of try xD

i know it dont look good or neadly good as the renx stuff.. but i never made it before and no one wanted to help me with this stuff.

so dont be to anger with me :D

later i want to make the "tower" finish. and after that i try to make it ready for rollin´;)

the good thing is.. if i use this texture maps now.. it can later easely be changed with better versions. Maybe in teh future when i find some dudes who can help me with this :)

So if u dudes have an own community or know an 3d artist. Pls ask him if he could help me.

For pro Artists it should be less then 1h work for them to make me a good texture/map :)

now dudes.. what u think about this "map" ?

hm shark. its not my intention to make feel bad. But the buildings do i want to make myself. it has something to do with my personal wishes for the mod. by the tank. me and handesplin worked together to test much. some texture stuff.. and udk stuff. and last day we made the grizzly tank into the game as a protoype. now i have to rework some of this stuff to make it much better. so dont be anger with me when i dont take ur help

the bottom part of the tesla coil was annoying to make because the bottom of the original tesla coil is SOOO unclear and it is a bit confusing lol. I made the bottom part a bit different than the original tesla coil, but the tesla coil generally looks the same.tesla_coil.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Edit : This model is 6,736 tris

Edited by Guest

I've said it before, buildings need to have an interior. You don't need to make a 1-on-1 copy of the RA2 structures, Renegade structures aren't a 1-on-1 remodel of the Tiberian Dawn structures either, they've made them different so you can go inside.. The airstrip had a tower added, for instance.

Other than that, the model looks good.

Hi there,

I m a long time follower of the Apocalypse Rising mod/game from Bluehell productions which trys to make a RA2 mod for the old RenegadeX engine W3D. Unfortunately those guys werent making much progress for a very long time so I kinda forgot about it.

Now seeing a RA2 mod entry for RenX and also the rapid progess you guys made (Ska-Ara your models look badass :cool: ), really motivated me to register on this forum and offer my help to you guys.

I m familiar with 3D modelling/texturing and coding.

see my texture pack for the game Natural Selection 2:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118315718

also I m the lead programmer/texture artist for the total conversation of Natural Selection 2 called:

Last Resistance(Survivor)- Mod

GameRulez can be seen here:

http://www11.pic-upload.de/25.08.15/7q3zunem1qod.jpg

I also worked as a mapper:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126342986

So I would be very happy to participate in this project, finally bringing RA2 to the RenX world!

the bottom part of the tesla coil was annoying to make because the bottom of the original tesla coil is SOOO unclear and it is a bit confusing lol. I made the bottom part a bit different than the original tesla coil, but the tesla coil generally looks the same.tesla_coil.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Edit : This model is 6,736 tris

Ah this looks nice.

ur right about that the buttom is very unclearly .. seeing here 246193-tesla_coil.jpg

but urs looks very nice and smooth. *like* :D

could u make the sentry gun too? :)

and i dont want a tesla coil or prism tower as "walk in " buildings. there arent in ra2 .. so there arent in renx :D

the grand cannon could be with interior.

but then we need something similar for the soviets

Hi there,

I m a long time follower of the Apocalypse Rising mod/game from Bluehell productions which trys to make a RA2 mod for the old RenegadeX engine W3D. Unfortunately those guys werent making much progress for a very long time so I kinda forgot about it.

Now seeing a RA2 mod entry for RenX and also the rapid progess you guys made (Ska-Ara your models look badass :cool: ), really motivated me to register on this forum and offer my help to you guys.

So I would be very happy to participate in this project, finally bringing RA2 to the RenX world!

oh that sounds greeeeeeeat ;D. texture is the stuff which i hate the MOOOOOOOOST. because its hard and such .. do u have a ts where we can speak/write for some information ?

Thanks :o I can make the sentry gun. for the grand cannon, i dont think that we should make it since it is only for france..... if you do that, then you should do it later after we finish the main stuff. Also, Renegade x maps are VERY small, if you put the grand cannon on 1 side, it can shoot to the other side of the map :D i feel that renegade x should have bigger maps with more places to move, not a small crowded area. ( i am not complaining by the way, i think that the developers did a great job in renegade x ) maybe we can try making big maps in this mod. What do you think?

@Ska-Ara

Yes I ve TS also I m german speaking so no language barrier there. :)

@hm shark:

your model looks sweet. only the top coil bubble should be slightly bigger and the smallest ring next to coil bubble is a bit to high...you should tight up the rings anyway a bit...other then that great work!

Regarding the Grant Cannon... I absolutely loved it in RA2 so it should make its way to RenX... wouldnt be to hard to make anyway... basic turret shooting projectiles is in RenX already!

range is relativ. we can make the gun with a range around the base. :P

but that was just an idea. because im not a fan of tesla/prisma tower interior :D

but yea i think too that the maps are very small. i thought to make later some "city" maps. f.e the map where the soviets attack america first :cool:

but thats work for the future :P so lets think later about that.

@meta give ts add :D

@Ska-Ara

Yes I ve TS also I m german speaking so no language barrier there. :)

@hm shark:

your model looks sweet. only the top coil bubble should be slightly bigger and the smallest ring next to coil bubble is a bit to high...you should tight up the rings anyway a bit...other then that great work!

Regarding the Grant Cannon... I absolutely loved it in RA2 so it should make its way to RenX... wouldnt be to hard to make anyway... basic turret shooting projectiles is in RenX already!

Thanks, i agree with all your suggestions, i was also thinking about doing the same changes, but i was not really sure.... For the grand cannon, idk what the soviets would have instead, maybe the grand cannon can be capturable like the silo in renegade x?

@Ska-Ara

I think the patriot building does not match up with the original RA2 Patriot... there is a blue middle section on the rocket launchers plz remodel/carve it out...also on the top there is some kind of cooling shaft which is missing on your models.

look:

nasam_1.png

Fix it then send me the updated file... or in the mean time you can give me the powerplant model :)

thats NOT the original ra2 model :P

this is it latest?cb=20091219150417

but ur right that i simply forgot the "laser sight" *shame*

because the blue part.. im thnk that this is NO extra part.. just some extra color for the "teamcolors"

its like the red barrels at the apocalypse tank.

so just make the texture there with a fine kind of blue.

btw: next time write me a pm :D its better for the overview in this thread :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty good! but i feel like the gap on the middle should be a little bit smaller.

And just to get nitpicky... The blue stripe around the missile containers look good, but they could be a tiny bit... bulkier, maybe? In RA2 you got the feeling that those blue stripes kind of hold everything together, which i'm missing here.

so sry guys for not beeing fast in updates :D

i have an important exam next week so i have much to learn :D

after that i will try to make every week one model :)

@ Kalle Bowo

Wenn du mir eine pm schreibst solltest du auch das empfangen von pms bei dir angeschalten haben.. ich kann dir nämlich daswegen nicht antworten :P

@ shark whats ur progress?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...