Heavy Performance hit on Canyon

• Totem Arts Staff

Just got Beta 4.02, was trying Canyon with bots since I still cannot ping from my Campus. I notice heavy lag during gameplay, while maps like Under, Complex, and XMountain runs relatively smooth.

I haven't replayed other maps, so I will give any update on the condition.

• Totem Arts Staff

there is a lot of meshes in a very small area on Canyon and most can be seen with no obstruction when optimizing we used a very aggressive precomputed viability volume this eats away at the cpu a little bit ... wile in a multiplayer game its not much of a problem but when adding bots in a skirmish mode then the map becomes a bit laggy as the bots take up a lot of the CPU's power

• Totem Arts Staff
If you can provide more info, I'm sure it'd help. In certain spots does your fps drop, or on the entire map from load does the fps drop?

Skirmish or online?

I was goofing around the GDI's base and the entrance. The lag was constant there, so I assumed it's the entire map.

Also, I mentioned 'playing with bots since I still can't ping from campus', which is an indication that I played Skirmish. There's a problem which makes pinging from cmd to any site fails, and thus gives me no ability to connect to any server online

Anyway, thanks for the info Kenz. I was actually playing with 7 bots at the time

• Totem Arts Staff

Before, when I had an ATi card, I had loads of problems with UDK / Unreal with regards to overdraw issues / any form of transparency in the game.

I'll run by Canyon, see if there's anything that stands out with regards to that.

Otherwise I fear there's not much we can do.