Should stolen vehicles change color?

epicelite

Maybe just a Nod/GDI logo spray painted onto the sides then? I mean all the time I steal a vehicle and when I try running into my own base my own team tries to stop me because just looking at it you think its enemy.

You basically answered your topic-question with a "No" by posting this comment.

No, because it gives a small advantage of using opposite faction vehicles. As a consequence of being careless to let your vehicle be stolen.

In terms of the vehicle crates though, I do like the idea of Nod driving red-ish medium tanks/mammoths/APCs/MLRS when they obtain a GDI vehicle from a crate.

Same for GDI with Gold-ish tint on their vehicle crates

The main reason this was never done in the original is because they didn't want to make multiple textures for every vehicle, it had nothing to do with balance or capability. Same decision for renalert, likely the same decision here. Games with bigger budgets (ie planetside1, maybe 2 as well) take the time for it, but for volunteers that's a lot of time to invest if they want to do it properly, for very little gain.

Heavens no! The other night I jumped into a game on Nod just as a massive flame rush was being orchestrated, and I mean massive. Huge number of Flamers, no chance GDI could survive the onslaught. I was following behind in a lowly APC having no credits to buy into the fun and games.

About halfway across the map (Goldrush), I see one of the tanks start spouting flame, and I think "well, that's a bit ahead of schedule, someone is getting a bit fire happy!", but it is only when I see the utter horror and chaos of all of the other tanks desperately trying to get themselves out of the glut of tanks they were trapped in that I realized we had a Trojan Horse in our midst all along, and that one GDI flame tank took out about 2/3 of the rushing force.

Even though we lost the game, I had to laugh and admire the brilliance of what had just happened.

So, my vote? No way!!!!

The main reason this was never done in the original is because they didn't want to make multiple textures for every vehicle, it had nothing to do with balance or capability. Same decision for renalert, likely the same decision here. Games with bigger budgets (ie planetside1, maybe 2 as well) take the time for it, but for volunteers that's a lot of time to invest if they want to do it properly, for very little gain.

Thanks for all the stuff you pulled out of your ass for us. Did you have secret meetings with the devs of all those gamse?

There was never a reason to do it.

Vehicles that magically change color on the battlefield looks completely out of place and has no reason to occur.

Gameplay wise, its also better this way, and the game has a super-simple friend or foe identification system.

I do have to say it's fucking anoying when you steal an enemy vehicle, drive back to your base, get out to get an engineer/tech and repair it and to find out some douchebag destroyed it thinking it's an enemy!

Lost my GDI vehicle twice (while being Nod) due to the same guy doing that! In that regard, vehicle color change might be a possitive feature, but still, I'm against it

I do have to say it's fucking anoying when you steal an enemy vehicle, drive back to your base, get out to get an engineer/tech and repair it and to find out some douchebag destroyed it thinking it's an enemy!

Lost my GDI vehicle twice (while being Nod) due to the same guy doing that! In that regard, vehicle color change might be a positive feature, but still, I'm against it

That sounds more like team hampering to me. Anyone with even a minimum game expereince knows the value of having an enemies vehicle. That feature request is yet again more hand holding and stuff that is not needed if you have even basic observation skills.

Lost my GDI vehicle twice (while being Nod) due to the same guy doing that! In that regard, vehicle color change might be a positive feature, but still, I'm against it

That sounds more like team hampering to me. Anyone with even a minimum game expereince knows the value of having an enemies vehicle. That feature request is yet again more hand holding and stuff that is not needed if you have even basic observation skills.

Thats why I'm against it.

I was merely pointing out a situation where you might think it would be beneficial. Even though I personally experienced this "teamhampering" shit, I still agree on the fact this should not be changed ;)

On lakeside, I used this to fly backwards with a stolen apache, onto the HON, plant a beacon, and then crush a tech that was diffusing, because he still had no idea.

On that note, the cruddy thing is, it was still diffused. That was a "I should have had a group of orcas ready to come in at 20 seconds" via teamchat error.

I did q-mark my beacon, but nobody with air came in to help. Note to players, when one of your teammates plants a beacon in enemy base, you are obligated to go in and suicide it if you are in an air vehicle, or even an APC if on that side of map.

Note to players, when one of your teammates plants a beacon in enemy base, you are obligated to go in and suicide it if you are in an air vehicle, or even an APC if on that side of map.

No, I'm going to judge that on a case by case basis.

It had 14 seconds left on the fuse. Like, in my specific case if you would please judge, I went in solo and spoofed a confusion despite a well defended base (nod is a buncha campin babies lol), and all someone had to do was stay by the mountain crevice, wait for 25 second mark, and come swooping in with theirs and bomb the rooftop and attempt to land on the beacon and thus the techs diffusing it. They might repair you for a moment.

Instead, was 4 seconds off of setting up a winning game.

On lakeside, I used this to fly backwards with a stolen apache, onto the HON, plant a beacon, and then crush a tech that was diffusing, because he still had no idea.

On that note, the cruddy thing is, it was still diffused. That was a "I should have had a group of orcas ready to come in at 20 seconds" via teamchat error.

I did q-mark my beacon, but nobody with air came in to help. Note to players, when one of your teammates plants a beacon in enemy base, you are obligated to go in and suicide it if you are in an air vehicle, or even an APC if on that side of map.

Sometimes people are too far away to get there when a beacon has not been planned.