Renegade X Wiki looks outdated...

RoundShades

• Totem Arts Staff

I'll think about it.... I mean, I do have a massive database of information to pull from. Hell, I could damn near write the thing with copy/paste from my guide, then just reword and reorganise stuff to better suit being on a wiki.

I was reading through the gamepedia wiki, and it's actually very poorly written, and seems like it was more about promoting their site, than offering us a comprehensive wiki. I mean, looking at this page http://renegade-x.gamepedia.com/Beginner%27s_Guide It doesn't even look like whoever wrote that even played the game.

If somebody would be up for creating expanding the renegade-x portal over at http://cnc.wikia.com/

• Totem Arts Staff

Writing is a favoured pass-time of mine, if it wasn't obvious, so I'll gladly begin poking away at that. I've already got a good chunk of my guide updated with beta 4 stuff, so I can pull from that as well.

The question is, which one is more likely going to be used: the cnc wiki, or the gamepedia site?

I'd say the cnc wiki would be a better bet. Just remind me here when you start adding stuff, and I'll put a link to it on the main site.

Edit: Yosh, I just checked out your Renegade-X guide, it looks great. That info would translate beautifully to a wiki.

• Totem Arts Staff

Right, I'm just down to adding a few things to fully update my guide to beta 4(I'd say I'll be done by tonight) so I'll probably begin adding at least the basics over the course of this week.

Damn, I didn't even know I liked this game -that- much till I looked back on how much I've written for it. I sorta' see how you guys were able to run a pure passion to make it now.

• Totem Arts Staff

So, for the CnC wikia, would we need to actually create a brand spanking new portal for Renegade X? I had been under the original impression that you all had one already, but I'm seeing nothing to verify that.

EDIT: Found it, but damn are you guys buried in there.

I poked around a bit, and it looks like we should just be able to add it like any other page. I'm not familiar with the workings of how categories/portals and all that work, so it might be a good idea to contact the mods of the wiki to have them set it up "properly".