[MAP] C&C Crash Site

Ruud033

hey ruud,

found a little bug on this map:

on crashsite you can shoot through water. on islands and goldrush you cannot (there it creats that splashing animation).

on crashsite it just looks weird and wrong (as you have underwater sparks from the bullets or underwater-dust from the tank shells).

probably forgot an additional water layer? check on goldrush / island if they used some other layer for water.

to map balance:

i like not having identical bases, but nod can sneak through the river in GDI base and the river is pretty dark so it covers you up really well. very easy to sneak from GDI main entrance to GDI PP swimming through the river...

if you fix the layer it gets even harder to spot noddies in the water, as the correct layer prevents HUD targeting and shooting through the watersurface (for more info check my bug report thread: viewtopic.php?f=127&p=161798 )

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Totem Arts Staff
K thanks.

I am planning on completely removing the GDI river, so it does not run through the base anymore. Many people have complained about it ruining gameplay. I'll look into the splash effect though. Thanks for the report

Or just lower the river like they did in Field

I don't mind there being a river through the GDI base as it adds variety, interest and new gameplay tactics. However GDI really need more tank maneuvering space immediately in the Weapons Factory and Barracks area. Maybe you could remove the two wood bridges and replace them with a paved concrete surface and create two small concrete tunnels for Nod to swim through similar to what you see in dams and assault courses.

One really game breaking issue is that vehicles purchased from the Abandoned Weapons Factory aren't bound to the person who purchases them. This means Nod SBH camp outside and then immediately steal any vehicle spawned/purchased with there being no delay or time-out before they can get inside.

The doors on the alien ship are a minor gripe, they're still too slow, clunky and don't remain open long enough for groups of players to get through in one go, so you usually get separated from your team and picked off. I think they need to slide open from the middle to the sides like in Star Trek. There's an example in the video clip below.

I'll probably have more comments about the gameplay the more I play it, but so far in the 20 v 20 games Nod usually wins by sneaky techs, hidden beacons and SBH squads. A GDI Guard Tower at the front of the base would provide some protection from mass SBH infiltration and likewise a Nod turret would afford them a similar warning. I've not had many tank battles so can't comment on this yet.

At the moment Crash Site seems to be getting a really bad reputation because nobody wants to vote for it, which is sad because it really needs testing in bigger games so things can be improved.

If you need some more examples of cool sci-fi door animations you should check out Mass Effect 2, there were a lot of different doors and they all opened in a unique way which was pretty cool.

Can't find any video about all the doors in that game specifically, but this is one that was nice:

at 15 sec.

You could keep them like they are now, but in my opinion they should stay opened longer, because of the problem mentioned above by David.

• 1 month later...

Update!

I did a major overhaul to the map!

Changelog;

- Removed all moving internal doors in the ship (external ones stay)

- Added light automated base defenses

- Reworked the base entrance of GDI completely

- Slightly reworked the Nod base entrance

- Removed a lot of 'clutter' in the middle of the map

- Thinned the rain a bit

- Tweaked the skydome to have more fancy looks

- Reworked the middle blue tiberium area

- Fixed the moving cilinders in the ship

- Deleted a lot of unnecessary meshes which weren't visible

- Opened up the middle area a bit more for vehicles (moved tank blockers)

- Fixed some spots where you could get out of the play area at the ship's entrance

zOXGJTE.jpg

sQ1ponn.jpg

OsFyKsu.jpg

jZuXJTc.jpg

pxgNpyh.jpg

LbZIJ3X.jpg

Curious about these changes indeed. Imo the map is good as long as some people defend. But when you have a selfish and ignorant GDI team you will lose for sure. Although last time I played it meds roled in and everybody was to busy hanging around in the spaceship.

Did you do anything to repell early rushes?

• 2 months later...

These changes look good, my thoughts:

1) Finally Gdi base is not some hell hole with evil tank killing water all over the place.

2) Moving the bar away was much needed as that place was rife with SBH nuke abuse.

3) Guard towers were much needed, any map that doesn't have agt/ob needs to have these imo, after seeing a gang of 7 SBH taking out a building FROM THE OUTSIDE with just remotes and pew pew pew lasers... yes guard tower is needed.

4) As much as I like flying, I think orcas should be removed form this map, they are really over powered as they can fly over all the little canyon/valley areas in the map, so they can deploy there missiles, fly away deploy again and tanks have no chance. Even anti air like mlrs/stank get whooped the map would need to be on flat land for it to be fair. But flat land is boring so I do like the terrain on this map its the perfect flame tank map as it can ambush the F out of you. I remember roasting 2 mammoths from the back and they cried hacking the whole time :rolleyes:

I would not mind if orcas were replaced with transport copter in all honesty.

These changes look good, my thoughts:

1) Finally Gdi base is not some hell hole with evil tank killing water all over the place.

2) Moving the bar away was much needed as that place was rife with SBH nuke abuse.

3) Guard towers were much needed, any map that doesn't have agt/ob needs to have these imo, after seeing a gang of 7 SBH taking out a building FROM THE OUTSIDE with just remotes and pew pew pew lasers... yes guard tower is needed.

4) As much as I like flying, I think orcas should be removed form this map, they are really over powered as they can fly over all the little canyon/valley areas in the map, so they can deploy there missiles, fly away deploy again and tanks have no chance. Even anti air like mlrs/stank get whooped the map would need to be on flat land for it to be fair. But flat land is boring so I do like the terrain on this map its the perfect flame tank map as it can ambush the F out of you. I remember roasting 2 mammoths from the back and they cried hacking the whole time :rolleyes:

I would not mind if orcas were replaced with transport copter in all honesty.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm also considering removing air vehicles completely. Although I'd like to have a different vehicle in it's place. Still considering what to do then (Hover MRLS is a bit to OP)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 26-2-2017 at 10:01 AM, Ahrimansiah said:

Well i found couple of bugs, the AI bots have path finding problems they wont move when they pilot a Titan or air units specially orca! also once u order soldiers to follow u with "Q" u cannot cancel their follow anymore with "Q" they will keep following you!

I don't even have air units on this map?

And yeah the bots have troubles piloting the titan because they're not used to driving walkers. This is on any map tho.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 26-2-2017 at 10:01 AM, Ahrimansiah said:

Well i found couple of bugs, the AI bots have path finding problems they wont move when they pilot a Titan or air units specially orca! also once u order soldiers to follow u with "Q" u cannot cancel their follow anymore with "Q" they will keep following you!

I think you don't have the latest version :/

The latest one doesn't have air units....

• 1 month later...