• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me Ruud, but your ship's doors are just accidents waiting to happen

[attachment=0]ScreenShot00343.jpg[/attachment]

Crushed me flat on the ceiling once when I waited it to open. Thankfuly didn't die

Break off into three pieces doors or maybe instead of ramping towards the ceiling all in the same pace the current doors could lift fast, then flip into the ceiling.

Although I get the feeling the doors will have already gone under some modification.

Forgive me Ruud, but your ship's doors are just accidents waiting to happen

Crushed me flat on the ceiling once when I waited it to open. Thankfuly didn't die

Break off into three pieces doors or maybe instead of ramping towards the ceiling all in the same pace the current doors could lift fast, then flip into the ceiling.

Although I get the feeling the doors will have already gone under some modification.

Here's your reply:

That must be why an alien ship is covered in hundreds of English health & safety signs.

Anyways, I'll add an other piece of collision to the door so that it tries to push you away instead of pushing you through the ceiling. It's because you're hampering the door whilst it's opening. Stop hampering that door!

Also, these signs are everywhere, I thought you'd notice

NktFdwO.png

Just checked and you can still 'get' into the arms...

[attachment=1]ScreenShot00012.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ScreenShot00013.jpg[/attachment]

It's a minor issue, but just so you know!

Ah there! Thanks, I'll update that in the next round of patching, probably in the weekend or so, have a busy week up ahead

Just checked and you can still 'get' into the arms...

[attachment=1]ScreenShot00012.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ScreenShot00013.jpg[/attachment]

It's a minor issue, but just so you know!

Ah there! Thanks, I'll update that in the next round of patching, probably in the weekend or so, have a busy week up ahead

Isn't gamebreaking, so wouldn't prioritize this, but it's on the right 'arm' of the ship and than the smaller tentacles.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how exactly that agreement with EA goes about devs not getting any money, but if it is possible, I am willing to pay for hectoliters of any drink if that would fuel Yosh's good will to continue developing RenX.

In fact, I asked in the past, if there is any loophole that could be used to enable any sort of monetary support for developers, but got no answers that could be effectively used without risk.

Yes. You can however donate to constructivetyranny.com for server hosting costs considering doctorbong literally saved this game with his anti ddos efforts i'd say he deserves it.

As long as he used it on only his community server costs and used the server on various things (like his 7 Day to Die server), then it's technically allowed. Though Ren-X as a whole helped to dodge that bullet.

Though Yosh is an orange name, so he would definitely be best to not to.

EA said that we can not receive donations.

True, but that doesn't mean that you can start up a project to help out your wife / child / pet whatever and if you have enough favors people might donate.

I mean if I bring my car to the local car repair point and I ask the guy if he can fix something else besides what his boss agreed for a fixed price than I can't pay him for that if his boss is against the agreement / work, but I am sure I can give him a free meal as soon as he visits my restaurant next time... So people don't pay you for your work, but they pay your for you.. Almost like a prostitute, but there's nothing you have to do in return :)

Maybe the Renegade-X team can start a new project and we can use Kickstarter to fund them. This project would obviously not be anything pertaining to EA content but a game that would please us all. Judging from the fact that this team had the incentive to create a game such as Renegade-X for free, I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem for them to create a modern triple-A game with our funding. Maybe I'm just over exaggerating...

All these have been said before. For the sake of sake's sake, let's not joke about dev donations because it is a fairly serious legal issue to joke with. As far as taking existing units, and renaming them, it is entirely possible to do if desired, though desire does not seem to be the case, but there was a fun topic i'll link below.

It was something like naming brotherhood of Nod to brotherhood of Don, and Havoc to Lefty, and Black Hand to White Fist and junk like that... I prefer "The Brotherhood" and "The Initiative" and "Solid Six" and "Dark Grip", though I would stick with Lefty as a commando name. Make all tiberium blue and call it "mythril" and it can still be some sort of space contaminate.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=75517

I think removing the C&C units will make the game less appealing, but what about funding new features for the game. RypeLcam could have been a seperate sidetraject which could be used in this game, but was funded like a seperate thing and so on.

Maybe we could move this to a seperate topic?

Was just about to suggest that we should get back to the topic.

I find it a little strange and and it almost disturbs me, that inside of Scrin ship has both Nod and GDI logos very nicely painted on the walls. I think it would be more reasonable if they were sprayed or if there was some other way of indicating faction sides. nicely painted logos indicate that ship was already entered, explored and possibly studied. That would make no reason for both bases be there and fight each other.

Was just about to suggest that we should get back to the topic.

I find it a little strange and and it almost disturbs me, that inside of Scrin ship has both Nod and GDI logos very nicely painted on the walls. I think it would be more reasonable if they were sprayed or if there was some other way of indicating faction sides. nicely painted logos indicate that ship was already entered, explored and possibly studied. That would make no reason for both bases be there and fight each other.

True, true, at first this was a way of indicating which faction went where, it stayed in the game for a long long time and I never really changed it.. The ship is from Nod, hence the big logo in the middle of the room. The 2 faction logo's which point to the entraces of each base were added to give the player guidance only. I can make a nice decal in a next version that'll implement this. Nice thinking, I like it, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
proboly that shitty folage collision volume

It is,

I'll remove it inmediately. I didnt get a chance to try this out until now with the release of the patch :( It also didn't come up with the PUG testing sessions (that's unfortunate)

But I'll replace the trees with static meshes and the server load will go away.That'll also fix the vehicle lag and ping issues.

Working on the map to fix the issues,

Fixed so far:

* Collision on tiberium crystals

* Titan kismet sequence (max. 2 titans now)

* Floating static meshes

Still need to do:

* Foliage collision volume deletion (75% done at the time of writing)

* Enlarge the GDI base entrance a bit

I've deleted the team banners in the interior near the entrances, replaced those with decals on the floor. (damaged ones)

I´ve made a muator to disable to dynamic foliage volumes. This should replace the collision with static collision like Ruud wanted to do anyway and it should fix the MP ping spike problems etc:

http://www.speedyshare.com/h3uWt/CrashSiteNoFCV.u

mutator=CrashSiteNoFCV.CrashSiteNoFCVMut

I cant guarantee it fixes all the problems in MP as i gtg now and no time to test properly but SP it works and MP everything should be fine aswell i think. Gtg, would be nice if you could give it a try.

Hope it works RypeL / Ruud... Maybe, but I don't want to put any pressure on anyone, there is a way to try out the map on one of the upcoming PUG's? At least we have 20 ppl than and in order to prevent it from disturbing the PUG cause of problems we might be able to test it during waiting for the games to start?

Hope it works RypeL / Ruud... Maybe, but I don't want to put any pressure on anyone, there is a way to try out the map on one of the upcoming PUG's? At least we have 20 ppl than and in order to prevent it from disturbing the PUG cause of problems we might be able to test it during waiting for the games to start?

No. Please stop asking this.

Once the new launcher is out, yes then it will be possible.

I have a question. What does the Satellite Uplink Controller even do? FLASHY FLASHES?! or something useful like the capturable abandoned War Factory?

I think Ruud just implemented it as a cool feature, without any purpose.

I forgot, wasn't it to keep HoN from getting hit early?

It is,

I have a question. What does the Satellite Uplink Controller even do? FLASHY FLASHES?! or something useful like the capturable abandoned War Factory?

I think Ruud just implemented it as a cool feature, without any purpose.

True, does nothing at the moment..

nothing happend to the meteor? its still there...

Guess the rounds I played were:

a) too quick to catch it

b) too busy to actually stand at the place where it happens...

Will look for it next time!

New version is up!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqwfviba8ysi7 ... 4.zip?dl=0

Changelog:

* Fixed the Titan PT kismet sequence

* Fixed collision on the tiberium crystals

* Replaced all foliage trees in the playing area with static meshes

* Replaced the 'logo's' on the interior wall in the ship's main with decals

* Changed / fixed some kismet sequence for the thunder matinee

* Added pathnodes for the AI to walk through the ship, they can now fully walk through it

* Fixed some landscape by smoothing it

* Changed the PT's in the destroyed weapons factory to color along with the team that captured it