[MAP] C&C Crash Site

Ruud033

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hoping to get it finished in like a month, I rely on someone else mostly to do the development of the main interior... and on Yosh56 (kick his ass) to implement new code.

Meanwhile, all I can do is just optimize the map, check materials, resolve bugs, and add cool features as:

Q4Rqy1d75Ao?t=23

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded a new version of the map !! First worthy playtest version! You can enter the ship and everything works!!

I know its not a 100%, I still have to add some collision to the ship etc.. and update the main room of course, but that'll be done soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cselfidlu0ck ... SauHa?dl=0

Go get it! Gimme some feedback :)

Played it, looks good but took a while to get the map to load. I don't have any fps issues so its fine for me.

Yes collisions in the ship need to be done.

The doors while cool get very annoying after a while can you cut down the amount of opening / closing? I guess it could kinda be fun trapping a SBH but overall the novelty animation wears off.

Also yes need to fix some of the collision inside. What about some crates? Or dare I say pick ups?

What does the nod satellite do? It shoots a purple thing in the air? Thats all?

• Totem Arts Staff
Played it, looks good but took a while to get the map to load. I don't have any fps issues so its fine for me.

first load always takes a long time due to the game having to compile the shaders for the map once its done it one time it wont need to do it again untill the map is changed / updated

Just an update;

I've been working on the interior, fixing collisions here and there.. It's a lot of stuff that I don't post in here because it's just multiple small stuff that needs fixing..

I am also converting from multiple materials to one master material, so we don't have to compile so many shaders..

Fun fact (thanks HandEpsilon):

* Materials in UDK are actually shaders, the more materials you have, the more shaders you have to compile

* Material instant con stances (MICs) are the actual 'materials' which we apply from within the shaders

General rule of thumbs is, don't use too many shaders, use shaders with swappable textures and make a lot of MIC's if you need to :)

Take a look at Mesa_II if you need an example, Nielsen has definitely learned me a lot!

Map updated in the testing server as well!

xSWRgLih.jpg

The only proper reaction I can think of when seeing the image:

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Btw: Did you change the doors in the Scrin ship? all the waiting on the doors to open was a bit meh...

Yes I have removed the proper amount of doors. I think the amount that's still in need to be there for the tunnel system to be realistic (and I also need them in order to cover up some culling :P )

• 3 weeks later...
The doors were nice, you should keep some indeed :) I'm very curious on what you did un the main part of the ship!

Still working on this! The guy i'm working with was a bit busy lately so I couldn't drop as many updates as I would like.

Still development is going strong and I aim at mid January for release (due to the interior).

Some screenies:

W6NIhMo.jpg

WPibcQ0.jpg

6IjnljV.jpg

Happy new years!

• 3 weeks later...