Purchasable and Controllable Harvester

Glacious

Hey All,

I was just having a play on A Path Beyond (Red Alert Style Renegade) and I came across the fact that on there mod you could buy an additional harvester and control/drive it to the correct area (Tiberium Field in Ren X) and then drive it back to the Refinery and bank you entire team additional credits.

This seems like a really good and fun idea to maybe add into Renegade X, it would certainly change the way things work, would hopefully have people protecting it and trying to attack additional harvester and would completely change the way game and the economy side of things work.

just wondering if its a possibility in the future and if people like the idea? I can see it making things abit faster paced in terms of getting additional vehicles out into battle and generally spicing things up.

Its possible with a mutator I'm sure, just need to add a bit of code and the menu options, though I'm not exactly sure how you would check for these things without a volume of some kind (the tib fields already have one, not sure about ref)

Disclaimer: I'm making a guess here :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
Its possible with a mutator I'm sure, just need to add a bit of code and the menu options, though I'm not exactly sure how you would check for these things without a volume of some kind (the tib fields already have one, not sure about ref)

Indeed, the Tiberium field does have some special volume. Unfortunately that is not Ref's case

Indeed, the Tiberium field does have some special volume. Unfortunately that is not Ref's case

To bullshit it, you could use proximity from the ref's location that the game uses to make q-spots from. Just figure out the correct distance when you are in the doors. May be possible to dump from undesireable locations like the back of the ref, but it would function normally-ish.

• 7 months later...

This is possible but takes some coding.

Need to attach a controller and a vehicle spot to the harvester.

We can use the existing harvester nodes (in contradiction to whatever Brotranq said) for tib field locations, as the normal harvesters also do!

We can also check for the 'touch' event with a vehicle 'harvester' for rx_tiberium_volume or something..

That's up to the coder. I'm not doing it, thats for sure :P

• Totem Arts Staff

for this too work ... there would need to be

1. a player controller for the harvester

2. a new system for a player controlled harvester to pick up Tib (dedicated area " modified Tib volume?")

3. a new system to dumb the tib also a dedicated area

as the current system relies on the ai to trigger the collection and dumb

there are some other things too like team hampering that would need to be addresses