C&C_Isles

Jello

Some of you might recognize this map from CnC Reborn. I'm working on a remake for RenX. :cool:

It's a fairly compact map with 2 entrances on the front and 3 on the back. Both bases will be connected by 2 tunnels. Flying vehicles are enabled.

e16de0.jpg

10pnfig.jpg

Edited by Guest

Where did those rocks come from ?

Didn't play the original version but I'm looking forward to seeing this progress, and all the community maps for that matter.

Found them in the content browser... but i've replaced them with other ones since this one didn't have any LODs

Those.. "cliffs," look like you just cloned the same rock X amount of times. You are actually supposed to be able to get on top of the cliffs, I don't see how that is possible here.

i still need to figure out how to create ramps. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Raise up the landscape into a ramp, then put rocks on the edges.

Jep. Totally agree (check out kenz his custom_tut map, he also did it there, near the GDI base)

I would not use the rocks as ramps themselves, because collision on the rocks can really fuck things up. (invisible walls etc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Raise up the landscape into a ramp, then put rocks on the edges.

Jep. Totally agree (check out kenz his custom_tut map, he also did it there, near the GDI base)

I would not use the rocks as ramps themselves, because collision on the rocks can really fuck things up. (invisible walls etc)

Yep, the bigger they are, the more likely you're gonna clip through it or floating on it or both