Renegade X SDK: Mappers and Modders, Download Today!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

ZHUACIssxG4

We are proud to release the long-awaited Renegade X SDK! With these mod tools, you will be able to create custom levels, mutators, and modifications for Renegade X. You will have full access to our assets, our source code, and the support and guidance of Totem Arts. We will do whatever we can to assist aspiring modders and level-designers to mentor and direct them accordingly.

The release of these tools have great implications. Not only will Renegade X have a sizable fanbase, but in the future, we can develop a self-sufficient community that develops new, refreshing content. We hope to inspire a new generation of developers and support existing and emerging C&C FPS mods and games through this initiative.

A download link to the SDK version can be found below:

http://renegade-x.com/download.php

When I try to run it, the editor splash screen comes up, but it crashes when it says: "Loading objects referenced by: FoliageBrushSphereMaterial...".

Some of the details windows gives are :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Fault module name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault module version: 6.2.9200.16864

I can run the standard UDK engine, it loads the FoliageBrushSphereMaterial a bit slowly but never crashes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

• Totem Arts Staff

as its a mat problem try back up and delete these files from UDKGame\Content then running the sdk again it will rebuild all the shaders for stuff that gets loaded (may take some time)

GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.bin

GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM5.bin

GlobalShaderCache-PC-OpenGL.bin

LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk

LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM5.upk

LocalShaderCache-PC-OpenGL.upk

RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk

RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM5.upk

RefShaderCache-PC-OpenGL.upk

I haven't got any issues with booting...

I've just unpacked the files in to my SDK folder (deleted the old files) and created a new shortcut to ..\Renegade X Beta4\SDK\Binaries\Win32\udk.exe

then, in the properties of the shortcut I use this target line:

b9c571febaffd5a32a111430d0b6dd4f.png

Notice that the language is Dutch, but, all that matters is the target line. (Doel = Target)

I've added "editor" to it. Notice there's a space behind the "

Edit:

I've got Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) AND (x86) 11.0.50727 (installed it at 20-1-2015)

and .net framework 4.5.1

Edited by Guest

I tried your method kenz, it does take long for it to load, and it only rebuilds "GlobalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.bin", it still crashes at FoliageBrushSphereMaterial.

I have updated my GPU's drivers to the latest version, DirectX, .Net and Visual C++ are up to date.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3630Qm CPU @2.40GHz 2401 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logische processor(s) ((translated: logical processors))

RAM: 8.00GB (7.89 Available)

NVidia GeForce GT 740M

(Don't know what other specs are important to know about, i'm not an expert at this)

Do I need to extract the whole Rx_SDK_March_22_2015.zip into a specific directory? Or can I just copy the enitre contents of the zip into a folder in the root of my C drive (which i've don at the moment, and works for normal UDK)?

I've got a fix for you, just give me some time.

So I had the same problem. Yes, the SDK folder should be separate from the game folder. As for being stuck at "foliage" loading part, here is what worked for me.

Courtesy of Encrypt:

I have found a fix.

Step 1: Go to where you have placed the SDK files. Navigate to the 'Binaries' folder.

Step 2: Find 'UnrealEdCSharp.dll'

Step 3: Right click and go to Properties.

Step 4: At the bottom of the newly opened dialogue, it will say something about how it may be unsafe. Click the button to unblock it.

And voila, it works! You can now open the editor without any issues.

It may be that the file did not download completely. Happened to me the first time. Try https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_opM9 ... sp=sharing

Your zip file size should be somewhere around 6.36GB (compressed). To check, just right click on the zip folder and click "properties".

Once you use "Extract All", the folder size will be 11.3GB

Can 't wait to make reborn ready on it!

I'm going to hold you to that, and we'll be more than happy to help you guys port it over.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here BUT...Renardin that is not your call to make anymore, you left the TSR team and with that gave up rights to the assets. You were offered a position back on staff when we moved over to W3dhub, that you declined. If anyone is going to be making a UDK Reborn it will be the actual TSR team.

Also to the Renegade X team, we would have been more then happy to let you use some of our models in your showcase. I just wish you would have asked first.

Wally, you didn't create any of those assets. You have no rights whatsoever to claim them as yours.

Anyway let's not start a flame war. Please use PM for these matters.

The appropriate people have been messaged and this is not going to become a "flame war" I don't see how making a comment about borrowed assets without permission is in anyway starting a "Flame war". Anyway, to clear this up...I indeed do have claim to those assets. The assets were submitted for C&C/TS:Reborn, that I am the producer for. Therefor the assets do belong to me and my team. Again we would have been more than happy to lend the Renegade X team some models to use for this...but would have appreciated at least being asked first.

P.S that HMRLS does look pretty sweet in UDK though. Great job

• Totem Arts Staff

I had gone to Renardin asking for permission, assuming he was still a part of Reborn. He sent me the assets without clarifying. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Anyway, our assets are available to everyone interested in taking advantage of them.

It may be that the file did not download completely. Happened to me the first time. Try https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_opM9 ... sp=sharing

Your zip file size should be somewhere around 6.36GB (compressed). To check, just right click on the zip folder and click "properties".

Thanks, I have downloaded the compressed file (same size) and extracted everything which amounted to 10GB of data. Sifting through I see much of the content (primarily models). Are there supposed to be any executable files or do I have to apply the content manually to UDK's files?

Fobby[GEN]":7k7n3qc9]I had gone to Renardin asking for permission, assuming he was still a part of Reborn. He sent me the assets without clarifying. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Anyway, our assets are available to everyone interested in taking advantage of them.

It's not a problem. Glad this got cleared up. Also again Great work guys, very inspiring.

Hi,

How add custom map on Renegade-X for test ?

I know where is the folder "maps" and i has search on .ini but nothing :/

Someone know where is it ?

Sorry for my english :o

I actually dont know how to import the map to the actual game..

But you can start playing anyway.

Look at the top toolbar for "Play" and click "On PC". Your game should start and load the map.

Thanks, I have downloaded the compressed file (same size) and extracted everything which amounted to 10GB of data. Sifting through I see much of the content (primarily models). Are there supposed to be any executable files or do I have to apply the content manually to UDK's files?

Yes, the executable file should be in the SDK folder when you navigate to Binaries/Win32/UDK.exe

Please refer to Ruud's previous post about how to launch it using a shortcut. You can't just launch UDK.exe without first setting the proper shortcut with the specified target path. After that, refer to my post so that it doesn't crash at "foliage".

If anyone has trouble launching the SDK just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hi,

How add custom map on Renegade-X for test ?

I know where is the folder "maps" and i has search on .ini but nothing :/

Someone know where is it ?

Sorry for my english :o

I actually dont know how to import the map to the actual game..

But you can start playing anyway.

Look at the top toolbar for "Play" and click "On PC". Your game should start and load the map.

Lol i know that, but i want to test with bot ;)