CnC Crash Site (Community Map)

DoctorB0NG

Hey all,

We have an awesome community member (Ruud033) who is making a custom map based off the lore from Tiberian Sun.

Credits to IonTech too for the modeling of the ship.

He updates his progress fairly frequently and the map is really coming together. Check it out!

http://www.thematrixren.net/index.php?/ ... -renx-map/

DoctorB0NG

Wish you can change it to TS' building as well, to go along with the lore, lol
And TS units? lol. Well technically TS had old mammoth tanks and flame tanks... Changing the Buildings would require model replacements... Again i don't know how much you can modify in the map itself. I've seen old ren maps with hover mlrs, some of them acted like they had invisible tracks, others were pretty awesome and quick :D

• Totem Arts Staff
And TS units? lol. Well technically TS had old mammoth tanks and flame tanks... Changing the Buildings would require model replacements... Again i don't know how much you can modify in the map itself. I've seen old ren maps with hover mlrs, some of them acted like they had invisible tracks, others were pretty awesome and quick :D

Well, it's still a nice looking map anyway. I think this is the... third main mission of TS right?

I think it is possible to add anything into the game actually. Even ion storms (matinee + particles + a rock with animated trajectory, animated lightning particle with timer). I might give this a try if I have spare time.. Gotta look at the lightning and how I'll create that. Would be cool if I can convert a 3d mesh into it and have it strike in a zone where you get killed in when it hits..

But I'm still trying to get the game play right (and the ship)

Thanks for all the compliments, they really keep me going! Without a fan base this would be pointless!

P. S. I have a fully functional model of the titan in tib sun, does anyone have the skill to actually animate that thing in kismet? Please reply then, I'd be glad to work with you!

Great job so far.

I like the dark setting with flood lights above the building entrances, and the overall Tiberian Sun feel.

Is that Tiberium Silo attached to the Refinery a separate destroyable building, or is it destroyed along with the Refinery?

It would be nice to have separate Tiberium Silos for each base, that can be attacked and destroyed like the other buildings.

Well, it's still a nice looking map anyway. I think this is the... third main mission of TS right?

5th ;)

As seen at:

5:20 - 7:31

And, on the CNC Wiki:

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_warship <-- Be sure to read this, quite interesting.

It is all in the timeline of Renegade.

I think it is possible to add anything into the game actually. Even ion storms (matinee + particles + a rock with animated trajectory, animated lightning particle with timer). I might give this a try if I have spare time.. Gotta look at the lightning and how I'll create that.

Please no more visual clutter... it's hard enough to get rid of what's already in the game :(

P. S. I have a fully functional model of the titan in tib sun, does anyone have the skill to actually animate that thing in kismet? Please reply then, I'd be glad to work with you!

Just make sure it's animated like this pls

Way, way too dark.

The dark corners provide some hiding spots for infantry and stuff..

No they don't, not everyone is going to play with the exact brightness/settings as the pictures. And panning over the area will bring up the red box anyway (this is why trying to hide in lakeside waterfalls will get you killed)

Just going to be a bunch of new players and people who think they're Sam Fisher sitting in corners waiting to respawn