Could you please make Scorpion Hunters?

Scorpion hunters ... the 1st campaign for the single player of C&C Renegade?

It's a mod you are talking about to coop with others online and doing that campaign.

What you are realy asking for, is a single player game of Renegade X, turned into a multiplayer coop mode. You are talking about, making new maps out of scratch, with just 1 team, with lots of AI's, with mechanics atm not in RenX in order for it to work ...

Scorpion hunters ... the 1st campaign for the single player of C&C Renegade?

It's a mod you are talking about to coop with others online and doing that campaign.

What you are realy asking for, is a single player game of Renegade X, turned into a multiplayer coop mode. You are talking about, making new maps out of scratch, with just 1 team, with lots of AI's, with mechanics atm not in RenX in order for it to work ...

No, there was a MULTIPLAYER (NOT COOP) map in old renx. We had base, (GDI AND NOD HAD BASE)

I want that map to new renx(today's renx)

it is not fantastic request like other people's. It is normal map request.

Please consider this. :)

I want to see that map and play in it

I think I remember one server where the match was entirely players vs. AI in a campaign mission. It started on a beach head and respawn checkpoints were activated as the team moved in further. That's all I really remember with it and was never part of a team that was able to beat the mission before time ran out.

Could this be what you are thinking of?

Once again, what are you asking for? Was this a map it the UT3 mod Ren X or are you referring to the original single player map from Renegade (2002)?

It was a old renx map. I want it for new (today's) renx

Also, you can do it for old renegade(2002) map to todays renx :)) ( i have great ideas for this map ) (without abondoning above idea)

Edited by Guest

Once again, what are you asking for? Was this a map it the UT3 mod Ren X or are you referring to the original single player map from Renegade (2002)?

It was a old renx map. I want it for new (today's) renx

So it was a map in the UT3 mod version of Ren X?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

They have a SDK out now. Basically, anyone can create a map, but the few Totem Arts staff aren't interested in the numerous map ideas out there. Just to give you an idea, City_Flying would come much farther ahead in priority, and as in large demand as it is we still don't have City_Flying.

However, if you can manage to use the documentation and how-to's to make a map in UDK, you can try to port what you can from UT2007, from what I understand you can port the map but it will only be a frame you ultimately have to delete upon finishing the map. Look at Youtube for Kenz3001 developing Canyon, he has a full series. He does the same thing, ports the UT2007 mod map, then has to rebuild ontop of the old frame, then delete the old frame when he has the map entirely built again.

It didn't look TOO hard, just time consuming, like 3 hours a day for 30 days. Doesn't have to be 30 consecutive days ofc, but if you work every other day, it will take 2 months roughly to build a map like this.

Edited by Guest

They have a SDK out now. Basically, anyone can create a map, but the few Totem Arts staff aren't interested in the numerous map ideas out there. Just to give you an idea, City_Flying would come much farther ahead in priority, and as in large demand as it is we still don't have City_Flying.

However, if you can manage to use the documentation and how-to's to make a map in UDK, you can try to port what you can from UT2003, from what I understand you can port the map but it will only be a frame you ultimately have to delete upon finishing the map. Look at Youtube for Kenz3001 developing Canyon, he has a full series. He does the same thing, ports the UT2003 mod map, then has to rebuild ontop of the old frame, then delete the old frame when he has the map entirely built again.

It didn't look TOO hard, just time consuming, like 3 hours a day for 30 days. Doesn't have to be 30 consecutive days ofc, but if you work every other day, it will take 2 months roughly to build a map like this.

Okay, but even, i can not find old version of that map.

• Totem Arts Staff

However, if you can manage to use the documentation and how-to's to make a map in UDK, you can try to port what you can from UT2003, from what I understand you can port the map but it will only be a frame you ultimately have to delete upon finishing the map. Look at Youtube for Kenz3001 developing Canyon, he has a full series. He does the same thing, ports the UT2003 mod map, then has to rebuild ontop of the old frame, then delete the old frame when he has the map entirely built again.

I didn't know they had Renegade X in UT2003....

...Or did you mean UT2007 A.K.A UT3, where RenX mod exists?

I didn't know they had Renegade X in UT2003....

...Or did you mean UT2007 A.K.A UT3, where RenX mod exists?

Hey, you wana be a moderator, you pm kenz3001, you ask to be one, then you can edit all the obvious mistypes i make when I am deliriously sick all you want.

But in all seriousness, yes ofc lol. Also in seriousness, I will ask Kenz3001 where he got his copy of the UT2007 map of Canyon, and if the same place he got his would provide a copy of Scorpion Hunters.

• Totem Arts Staff

lol, sorry. Maybe just maaaaybe, there's RenX for UT2k3 and I missed it :P (ok, now that I think about it it's very unlikely since vehicle coding hadn't been invented yet)

Besides, I'm not sure when the original Renegade was released anyway

• Totem Arts Staff

"I want, I want" lol

In any case: Zixxer is the author of Scorpion Hunters (yes there was a UT3 mp version of the map)

If the map still exists then maybe someone from the community can port it, I doubt Zixxer or any one from the team will at this point.

(there is plenty to do + playing that map was a mixed bag tbh regardless of whether it had defenses or not)

"I want, I want" lol

In any case: Zixxer is the author of Scorpion Hunters (yes there was a UT3 mp version of the map)

If the map still exists then maybe someone from the community can port it, I doubt Zixxer or any one from the team will at this point.

(there is plenty to do + playing that map was a mixed bag tbh regardless of whether it had defenses or not)

Again, I'd much rather have City.

"I want, I want" lol

Where is Zixxer?