Renegade X system requirements? and are mine enough?

Palexon

What's the minimum and maximum system requirements for Renegade X?

Also would the following system information be enough to run Renegade X smoothly?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Display Memory: 2737 MB

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Edit: I would appreciate it if you give me your suggestions or advices.

Edited by Guest

What's the minimum and maximum system requirements for Renegade X?

Also would the following system information be enough to run Renegade X smoothly?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Display Memory: 2737 MB

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Edit: I would appreciate it if you give me your suggestions or advices.

The following website gives a rough idea what your machiene gets you:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index. ... quirements

Problem: Your memory. It's "on par" though Ren-X demands more than what this site is lead to believe. Believe me, I had it running with 4GB RAM.

Problem: Your GPU. Is it on-board or is it a separate GPU? Because the on-board GPU's Display Memory is drawn from the 4GB RAM (as far as I understand it). Furthermore, the GPU is at 80% of recommended. Like I said before, this site is not up-to-date to the system requirements so it's even less than 80%.

Can you run it? Yes!

Can you run it smoothely? No!

Ultra-low settings might get you somewhere, but playing this game on 800x600 is like ... meh ...

Disabling certain filters add to the performance.

In any case, I am not fond of using laptops to play games. It might be handy to game wherever you have power and internet, but a laptop is more expensive and fragile imo.

Just my 2-cents. Hope it helps and if I'm wrong, please correct me.

• 4 months later...

Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 8GB

System: Win 8 64-bit

Graphics card: GeForce 840M, DirectX 11

I set everything to ultra low settings and the game runs far below 30 fps. I dont even have anything else running other than Steam. Its driving me nuts for how demanding this game is and I really wanna play this sooo bad :(

I set everything to ultra low settings and the game runs far below 30 fps. I dont even have anything else running other than Steam. Its driving me nuts for how demanding this game is and I really wanna play this sooo bad :(

With mobile platforms with integrated/discrete switching, you typically need to force Renegade-x to run on the dedicated card. Right click the Renegade-x shortcut and look for the option to run it with the dedicated NVIDIA card.

Here's some more in-depth instructions if you're missing the "Run with Graphics Processor" option when you right click: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht082304

Try disabling everything/something in settings,uncheck them.

Also not all settings actually work when you change them in game ,you need to go to your game directory

Renegade X\UDKGame\Config and open the file UDKSystemSettings (NotePad) ,and try see the settings you disabled in game if they actually read =False next to them,if not make sure they are.

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=75074