Airstrikes has to go or

Xtractor

By destroying tanks from afar?

But this is not true.

Airstrikes are heavily telegraphed and nobody with skill and awareness is expected to be hit by them. It just makes people move away from a location.

I don't see how they're supposed to destroy tanks, or reliably stop rushes. EMPs are FAR more powerful against rushes.

So what are we arguing about? I don't get it. Airstrikes have been (rightfully) nerfed to oblivion but still have niche roles. They're expensive for what little they accomplish.

The only thing I can think of that is still dumb about them is when they are used over beacons.

So whats the problem?

• Totem Arts Staff

I've seen all of two people complain about airstrikes since they finally got their damage tweaked to something that feels balanced. I don't think it'll hurt the game's popularity much at all. If anything, it just gives snipers something to shoot at, and aids in giving some form of briefly nullifying repairs on a horde of tanks just outside whoring the base. You still have to have the rest of the team actually push out and kill things.

In big open maps it's not too much of a problem unless its airstrike spam fest .In field its way too OP ,I saw Nod wiped out(artys ,flamers and enginers)in the bottleneck base entrance .

Nod base has a tight bottle neck entrance they already have to deal with that and the Harvey that keep pushing them in field ,with airstrikes on airstrikes by GDI its OP and give no chance to Nod to get out of base .

I heard much complains about airstrikes from ppl that use to play renegade .

I think airstrikes is usefull but it need to be limited somehow not a spawn fest same on ion/nuke, the engys has enough to deal with it to disarmed with a need to deal with 5 consecutive AStrikes .

That's my opinion and so far I love the game and play everyday ,but this thing is my BIG Con of RenX and I will be and will speak against it, if its stay like it is .

I agree on nuke-ions it should just not be allowed, its really dumb and I've talked about that since Beta 1. Its completely unfair and there's nothing you can do about it when it happens.

This really should be dealt with.

Dealing with it right now. Also adding a one minute teambased cooldown. That might be enough.

I agree on nuke-ions it should just not be allowed, its really dumb and I've talked about that since Beta 1. Its completely unfair and there's nothing you can do about it when it happens.

Dealing with it right now. Also adding a one minute teambased cooldown. That might be enough.

That should help :) Knowing from whom the aisstrike is coming would be also an plus.

eg if its friendly pretty sure we don't have to move from our position.

If I hear Eva saying a NOD/GDI (enemies) airstrike isbeen called would help us make a decision of movements .because I don't see where the airstrike is been called

We can identify whose airstrike is it by listening the unmatching voice. The moment you hear Cabaal's voice as GDI, you know it must be AC130 coming at you, and the moment you hear EVA's voice as Nod means that A10 reinforcement is en route

I'd never notice that ,Adding the words (enemy airstrike.. ) would be clearer for new comers in the c&c world .Now that you had show the difference I'll paid attention to it .Still I beleive that it should be Clear for a First time ingame player .

Beacon cover with airstrikes are a nice way to defend the beacons, but those teams able to pull that off, are generally on the winning-end anyway. Furthermore, I havent seen that tactic in quite a while now since the airstrike nerf.

So dealing with it in a way that you add a team-based cooldown, well, you'd better powerup that airstrike again!

Airstrikes are used to take out those Guard Towers and Nod Turrets on e.g. Goldrush map.

If you add a team-based cooldown, you'd be better off completely removing airstrikes, so you won't get grievers/grieving people who bought an airstrike and cant use it or will always use it so others cant ...

You can do this e.g. by adding an "airstrike purchase limit" so you wont be able to buy an airstrike.

Yet again it will yield people complaining for the inability to use a feature of the game.

More often than not, I'm playing Nod and defend against infiltrating hotwires as SBH (with carbine)

I like to have an airstrike backup for that off-chance to counter an incoming rush... it's the SBHs only way to effectively halt a rush by doing damage (the other way is EMP grenade, but on non-base defense maps, these are useless imo)

• Totem Arts Staff

Wouldn't making airstrikes queue up be a bit of a better solution? Right now one of the biggest issues is that multiple airstrikes all just come down at the same damn time. Perhaps actually have them only be able to come down one at a time in sequential order.

Wouldn't making airstrikes queue up be a bit of a better solution? Right now one of the biggest issues is that multiple airstrikes all just come down at the same damn time. Perhaps actually have them only be able to come down one at a time in sequential order.

That would mean that if multiple people use an airstrike, you get minutes worth of airstrikes on perhaps the same area.

To break a siege, thats great, but I think it would break the game even more because no one would be able to re enter that airstriked area

I just played a game of Island yesterday with airstrike spam making the game really dumb.

I'm thinking I can't wait for the 1 minute team cooldown, now. It was pretty horrible without it. It really becomes a problem when airstrikes become a crutch, nobody uses tactics and try to push out the right way, they just spam airstrikes all day long.