Get rid of SBH spy for GDI on base defense levels.

Barclinxox

Does anyone else think that SBH spies for GDI are vastly overpowered? They don't get seen by base defenses AND they are invisible. I think they should get rid of them on base defense levels because of how OP they are.

At least nod SBH can be seen by base defenses, the GDI spy equivalents can walk through anywhere unchallenged. No one is going to mine the front entrance so a spy can literally just walk in the front of the base like he was on a stroll through the park.

That's exactly why you need a dedicated defusal-defense team. I've seen GDI SBH spies fail, so it's not like they can't be countered. It's a lucky crate drop and an invaluable asset for the GDI team on maps such as Field in which stalemates happen quite often. Plus, it's a hell of a lot fun and the feeling of your heart pounding in your chest after you deploy that Ion Beacon as a SBH spy is just way too good to cut it from the game in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

Can nod not get an invisible spy from a crate? Basically, a SBH from a crate, called a spy on the global announcement, that is a SBH that GDI base defenses don't shoot at?

If not, they should either be able to get a SBH from a spy crate, both gdi and nod should get sbh from spy crate as well as other characters....

...or GDI should be able to get them and Nod can see them across the map (as they can see their own sbh across map), rendering it a convincing teammate but NOT invisible.

Either way makes sense.

• Totem Arts Staff

And I thought you guys say Nod is OP. Now you refuse to have advantage on GDI's side?

In all seriousness, SBH spies is not something you can mass produce on GDI while Nod can go SBH rushing more often.I think it's just a fair trade-off

Besides, when Nod sees a cloak they can't see, they'll automatically assume it's hostile, much like normal spies actually. The only difference is that you can't see them from the distance

In old Renegade, all spies were SBH.

And, in A Path Beyond RA mod for Renegade, spies looked like enemy units until hover over (and disabled buildings while they stood within them).

So this is kind of a mix. I sort of like either team getting enemy-character spies, as well as cloaked spies. Gives a variety, as well as makes cloak spies more rare and sought after.

Does anyone else think that SBH spies for GDI are vastly overpowered? They don't get seen by base defenses AND they are invisible. I think they should get rid of them on base defense levels because of how OP they are.

At least nod SBH can be seen by base defenses, the GDI spy equivalents can walk through anywhere unchallenged. No one is going to mine the front entrance so a spy can literally just walk in the front of the base like he was on a stroll through the park.

I can agree a SBH spy can OP on "basic maps" (ones without defences), but really they are not. It is just that playing Nod makes people more confident nothing will happen in the base and the Hotwire commando's come in.

In "advanced maps" (ones with defences), the SBH spy WILL be shot by defences. The Obelisk detects the stealth and therefor threats the SBH spy and zaps it to oblivion. It could be you had the situation where the Obelisk was occupied with other targets and therefor "ignored" the spy.

^_^

Are you sure? Because spies are undetectable by base defence

He's wrong.

The other day, HesH had an SBH spy on Goldrush map and destroyed the Nod Powerplant with ease.

ALL spies have the same effects, Basedefenses won't detect them. Even when GDI has the SBH spy.

This is intended.

Now, for this discussion, GDI having the possibility of gaining an SBH spy, well, *shrug* ... I don't see the problem ... I mean, if YOU are the agressive team (Nod) owning the field and sieging the GDI base, it's YOUR fault to let GDI's take the crates!

If it's the other way around, YOUR defenses werent tight enough to detect the spy SBH aswell as disarming his beacon in time!

So, in every situation, SBH spy might have a significant edge versus other spies, it's sill your own fault for letting it happen!

All I see here is a whine-post for your team to be too nubby...

There is a reason why certain people play the "designated defender" role ... it's not rewarding at all, since all you can do is camp and watch hotspots, while the remaining scrub/nub/nubby teammates "try" their "hardest" to destroy the enemy, while in fact they are just pointwhoring.

In "advanced maps" (ones with defences), the SBH spy WILL be shot by defences. The Obelisk detects the stealth and therefor threats the SBH spy and zaps it to oblivion. It could be you had the situation where the Obelisk was occupied with other targets and therefor "ignored" the spy.

In beta 2, SBH spies were indeed attacked by base defenses, but this was not the intended behavior. This has been corrected in beta 3.

In beta 2, SBH spies were indeed attacked by base defenses, but this was not the intended behavior. This has been corrected in beta 3.

Then I stand corrected here. Haven't had a SBH spy in B3 and didn't know they changed it. It is a shame it is changed I guess, since most spies are a few minutes AFK in base to wait and so people "forget" a spy was opened in the box. In the few minutes the battle can shift in GDIs disadvantage, making the SBH spy very potential.

^_^