Lets make a RenegadeX map

kenz3001

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miss some days and suddenly 3 vids behind haha. I have something secret in the works myself so looking forward to keeping up with this. Also gotto get back up to speed on kismet for one or two things I want to add so hope that comes up sometime, though I agree there are a lot more important things that should come first.

Anyway looking forwards to more, reminding me it's been way too long since my ut2004 mapping days :P

• Totem Arts Staff

I started trying UeD 3.0 in UT2k4 after trying UDK. It's such a nightmare mess. I can't find the Static Meshes I'm looking for and everything... unlike UDK where I can just search easily without having to load things up first

At least they're organized better in UT3

You did Lake side . I love this map ,it's so well done ,the river side in forest and the upper path on the same side :)

Montains pics , able us to drop snipers/engys on it ,this bring something new to the game strategy, not to mention the cristal growing on montains wich look relly nice . Fav map design for me . keep up the good work

i dont see why not quite easy to do ... but would take a lot of time to make the animation for the braking and rebuilding unless you use a baked animation from maya or something

Do I have to add health to a static mesh for that?

I thought you once said that it's quite hard to get a repairgun registration due to the projectile it fires..

I'd be very interested in how you do this (create a capture/repairable MCT or whatever static mesh) because i also need this in my map haha.

Lol just noticed that you've mentioned my map in #15, awesome. It's not ripping an idea hah. If anyone's ripping here that's me.. I copy pasted shitton of you dev's stuff..

It's nice to see you explaining those things too. I think it makes ppl think out of the box when it comes to making custom maps. A guy called 'Henk' asked me to help him with a sequence for blowing a dam and increasing water height.. that's also gonna be interesting.

We've got to correlate those lists together too, I have one working right now but splitting them per team is gonna be tricky due to the proper team-list assignment.. We might do this with 2 seperate actor factorys (behind a switch that's controlled by a team capture check or something).. discuss that later on

I would like to see some kind of cave style thing in front of the GDI cliff. Since there will be aircraft, some tanks will be highly vulnerable to aircraft fire and by using some cover they can try and lure aircraft down to shoot those *pesky* flies better.

Also your ramps probably do not line up with your buildings thanks to the coordinates implementation on the different actors / meshes. In other words, the location where the coordinates link your mesh to the word are not in the same spot on the building and the ramp (ex. linking a 2x2 square on coordinates 0,0 will be different when the world sees the 2x2 from the middle or from a corner). Nevertheless, good work :)

If I get the chance to play this map, I'll pop by.

^_^

• Totem Arts Staff
I would like to see some kind of cave style thing in front of the GDI cliff. Since there will be aircraft, some tanks will be highly vulnerable to aircraft fire and by using some cover they can try and lure aircraft down to shoot those *pesky* flies better.

was think the same thing ill be adding trees and what no around the entrances and what not

Only thing i wonder about this map is, doesn't GDI have a lot easier artillery shot at the silo?

dont think so as the cliff is quite high

Can you try to do the city one with the overpass, I think it was actually called Overpass. Two full defense bases with a road leaving each side an overpass connects the opposite sides of the Nod and GDI bases and the other road leads to a middle ground under the overpass that holds the Tiberium field, this middle part is separated from the bases with a bank of buildings on either side that are full of sniper hideouts.

Will you enable flying in this map?

It's enabled. Just follow his "video diary" of creating the map :).

Can you try to do the city one with the overpass, I think it was actually called Overpass. Two full defense bases with a road leaving each side an overpass connects the opposite sides of the Nod and GDI bases and the other road leads to a middle ground under the overpass that holds the Tiberium field, this middle part is separated from the bases with a bank of buildings on either side that are full of sniper hideouts.

Yea, thats CNC_City/City_Flying

http://media.united-forum.de/commandand ... Flying.jpg

And It's just a pain in the ass to rebuild the roads.

I just try it by myself at the moment and aw.. I dont wanna do it anymore xD.

There is no way to rebuild it.. UDK doesn't have any sort of "road tool" or something..

I found a script for the "splineLoftActor" so its going to have collisions.. but I dunno how to add costum scripts :(

Will you enable flying in this map?

well no but you will be able to buy air units from the pads im making ...

Uhm.. so actually we're able to fly? Atleast with the air units like Orca/Apache etc?

Cos you enabled Aircrafts at the end of Episode 2 :D

Edited by Guest