game throws me at main menu instead of a server.

Nikki Z-boy

i installed dot net runtime 4.5 (it said i already have that or higher) and direct x9 (i already had direct x11.)

i open the launcher, then select our server and when i join it takes me to the game's main menu (like offline) instead of the server.

i also tried to connect by the game's main menu itself instead of the launcher, but it just doesn't wanna connect. :confused:

This is pretty weird. Its notmal that the main menu map is loaded first but after that it should connect you to the server. But in your log the game didnt even try to load the map. It sat there idle for about 8 seconds then the game just quit. No info in the log about what happened in this 8 seconds. Did you try to connect multiple times ? Have you been able to connect before or is this your first time trying to play online ?

One thing you could try is to go into UDKGame/Config and then delete all .ini files that dont start with 'Default'. That resets most dynamic game values when you restart the game. If it might be some kind of settings problem resetting the ini´s this way should fix it.

• Totem Arts Staff

Question, did you do some debug/cheat console command offline before playing?

I did that once and the server refused to accept me until I restarted again

That, or maybe you're just too laggy fps-wise (it can happen. First it tries to load the server map, but if it takes too long, it will get you back to main menu again.)

Question, did you do some debug/cheat console command offline before playing?

I did that once and the server refused to accept me until I restarted again

That, or maybe you're just too laggy fps-wise (it can happen. First it tries to load the server map, but if it takes too long, it will get you back to main menu again.)

nope, no debug/cheat console command whatsoever. the game doesn't take too long to load, i join server from launcher, then game opens, shows the intro credits and as soon as they finish, i see the offline main menu.

• Totem Arts Staff

Some, not all? I used to get 300 pings or less for EKT and TmX. It would decrease into 72 ingame. Others sometimes have no ping though. But now I don't receive ping from any server. As happened to you, it hangs on the main menu for half an hour (or until I just realize it's not loading at all and close the game), where as I usually wait for a few seconds before the game launches into the map

Some, not all? I used to get 300 pings or less for EKT and TmX. It would decrease into 72 ingame. Others sometimes have no ping though. But now I don't receive ping from any server. As happened to you, it hangs on the main menu for half an hour (or until I just realize it's not loading at all and close the game), where as I usually wait for a few seconds before the game launches into the map

i think i saw all the servers pingless, but it happened once only. mine is not taking a lot of time at all, i join the server from the launcher, the game loads, i see the credits and when they finish it throws me to the main menu.

• 1 month later...