Nerf Needed

atomicmonkey84

I've been seeing this one class abused and overplayed on every server I've been on thus far. The Advanced Sniper. A one shot for against some classes (100 and below) is fine, but if you think its good game design for a sniper to be able to one shot a 250 health 100 armor class no matter where you shoot, well then you're sadly mistaken. I spend countless live just waiting to get the 1000 credits to get a decent advance class just for an Advanced Sniper to 1 shot me as soon as I leave spawn, making all those deaths worthless. I would like you to consider some changes to this class (ex.One shot on headshot only,having a charge meter making the sniper wait to get full damage ala TF2 instead of them blitzing you and spraying with it). Besides all this I'm enjoyign the game anyways. Keep up the good work guys :cool:

In what ways is the ramjet required to one-shot 1000$ characters? To be honest, would I redo the entire balance of the game, I'd prevent headshots from killing anything but a basic character in one shot. The beauty of this game is how different it is from most game and how you don't die instantly, which gives the game so much more possibilities, but at the same time, you can just die from a stray headshot.

Now, I'm NOT suggesting we do this. It would require way too much changes.

Mostly, if you're playing on the good maps, sniper spots are somewhat predictable and survival becomes more about knowing where to be. Standing in the open and getting yourself killed by sniper seems to be your mistake in such cases.

Unfortunately some maps, such as lakeside, makes the experience against sniper much more frustrating because of their utterly ridiculous size.

• Totem Arts Staff

I actually thought about that as well. I feel like sniper head-shots could probably do well with being more tier-based, rather than headshot with 500 and 1000 are both instagib from anywhere.

Just thinking back to my days of playing Section 8, I don't ever remember anyone actually complaining about sniper head shots only being OHKO if the person being shot had on no health mods, and the person sniping was using full damage. It actually made it seem like snipers were a support role, but if you were good at it you could still rack up kills because you were actually GOOD, and making a second body shot wasn't all that big of a deal.

In no way is a %600 damage increase to tanks a nerf

Losing 50 of their damage off of their infantry damage AND losing damage towards light armour is though.

And nobody, almost nobody, argues that it is an overall buff to lose 50 infantry damage ON TOP OF light armor damage.

That is their main function. They no longer 1 hit kill basic infantry, in a game you can force a team to use nothing but.

Without that, their buff against heavy armor, is merely a functionality spread to field function to contribute better in more areas instead of anti infantry and anti artillery and anti air.

Especially when if you are talking about infantry and heavy armor, the rail/pic is still king with 1 hit kill potential and full heavy armor damage.

The rail-pic range is pathetic. Please, lets not get there again. The buff to heavy armor never made sense. The nerf to infantry damage never needed the ridiculous compensation that ruins tank balance.

I'm counting on them realizing it during the closed beta testing.

And for the 109893832th times, why is everyone so inclined to buff the ramjet after a nerf. They DON'T NEED a buff. The ramjet is NOT WEAK after an infantry damage nerf. Stop spreading this.

The rail-pic range is pathetic. Please, lets not get there again. The buff to heavy armor never made sense. The nerf to infantry damage never needed the ridiculous compensation that ruins tank balance.

I'm counting on them realizing it during the closed beta testing.

And for the 109893832th times, why is everyone so inclined to buff the ramjet after a nerf. They DON'T NEED a buff. The ramjet is NOT WEAK after an infantry damage nerf. Stop spreading this.

The Rail/Pic damage is enough to do the ramjet's old job in the tunnel. The ramjet loses this to an equal cost class.

The 500 sniper is enough to do everything the 1k sniper can at range. And you get 2 for the price of 1. Why ever buy the cost of 2 snipers at once, to get the basic use of the cheap sniper?

The ramjet also loses light armor, but so does the 500 I believe. Still, the 500 will not be able to single handedly threaten an air veh and thats alright balance, and a ramjet will be able to chip one away with reasonable damage still probably, but neither can do so much damage like before that a vehicle can't leave cover (unless 2-3 ramjets cooperate or have another air veh or infy unit assist).

The ramjet getting c4 makes it worth 2 infantry when it enters a building. That is not a common use for ramjet, but if it did infiltrate a building by riding in an APC then its technically worth 2 500 snipers, so its worth 1k?

The ramjet getting heavy armor damage probably gives it the effect against tanks, that 500s have against air after-nerf. Enough to assist another better unit at damaging, not enough to do more than piss it off solo.

It is about it being worth 1k. Volts and Pic/Rail are worth 1k. 500s are technically pretty valuable considering their primary power and the carbine going with it. 1k without noobjetting is not worth 1k, it is worth about 600.

Anti armor buff (and a proposed rof buff), and it surrenders some of it's uses to the pic/rail while getting the ability to assist in damaging more units from long-range safety, making it a 500 sniper with a portion of pic-rail damage at a huge range, which actually sounds like it's worth 1k.

I say a proposed rof buff, because Rypel said it is considered by them, and it would give it more rof than a 500 I think, and when bodyshotting that would make a significant difference to it's value. a 500 sniper being 500, a ramjet firing faster would make it worth 800, and that at least is "more than 500 or 600".