Beta 4 Preliminary Changelist

RypeL

SBHs are the same.

Wait, a dev did say they would be red, and that was particularly an important change as white maps make them invisible even if they were flickering their tongue against your neck, and red stands out on every background of map as well as emphasizes "this is a Nod unit".

I've frequently noticed SBHs when I defended as GDI on Whiteout.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totem Arts Staff
SBHs are the same.

Wait, a dev did say they would be red, and that was particularly an important change as white maps make them invisible even if they were flickering their tongue against your neck, and red stands out on every background of map as well as emphasizes "this is a Nod unit".

I've frequently noticed SBHs when I defended as GDI on Whiteout.

It is significantly harder however, and most who do SBH searching will agree. Whiteout is hampered more by the amount of useless space behind buildings and behind the Barracks for GDI. It gives stealth units A LOT of room to maneuver around and avoid detection, and with the excessively large width of the entrance it makes them a definite pain. Add in the fact that they are undoubtedly harder to see against bright white snow, and you can see why Whiteout is generally regarded as a 'Nod Map'. In reality, GDI completely owns Whiteout if they're good and take the hill/field, whilst having a few good people defending.

I always thought that maybe just changing the time of day on Whiteout would probably help. Not necessarily making it a night map, as we get enough of that with Field/Mesa2, but perhaps having it be early morning/late afternoon, and have the sun be setting on the Nod-side. This would cast the GDI base in quite a bit of shadow, negating the exceptional brightness that makes it so easy for SBHs to get lost in.

I am going to get a whiteout map then, or at least try to in a recording, and then spend the game as sbh in gdi base standing near "not forum veteran players", literally just stand right around them, see how close I can just walk alongside them and if they ever notice it. Ofc I will stand on the snow side.

I hope all the bugs got fixed, I know of a HUGE amount and I hope they all get addressed.

-if you enter a vehicle repeatedly by pressing e over and over the vehicle physics get weird and adds acceleration/bouncing to a vehicle allowing you to get in areas and over walls you shouldn't be able to

-on islands, driving a humvee into the snipers area on gdi's side allows for people to jump over invisible walls and go too a lot of out of bound places, just block off that path from vehicles.

-hope stanks can't go under mammy's anymore

- beacons in silly places, flagpole, top of HON via air vechs, places like this shouldn't work.

- weird remote c4 physics allowed a placed c4 on the rotating part of a tank to become detached and float, and be moved around the map intentionally, in some sense still "bound" to the vehicle.

-a million out of Map glitches possible by getting on top of tanks.

- there is some kind of money glitch where logging in and out replenishes money, with donating you can get away with out having a ref, I think there's another method too, as there's this EKT angrydave guy who somehow buys the entire team tanks and still has over 10k credits when the ref was gone since the beginning.

Donations are disabled for the first mins of a game depending on new serversetting 'DonationsDisabledTime'. Default is 3 minutes.

Good. No more stupid rushes that cripple one side in the first minute.

Remote C4 does not influence the teams minelimit anymore. Instead there is a special remote c4 limit of 4 per person

Good. Comfortable.

When you get killed the camera now rotates towards your killer so that you can see what direction you were killed from

NO!

Mines now show who placed them in their targeted description

Excellent. We can weed out derp-mining teammates faster.

Timed C4 now plays beep(s) every 5 seconds

Why...

When you die from C4/Mines the kill message should now always display the C4/Mine owner as your killer instead of just "you suicided/died"

Good. Finally.

Added bAllowWeaponDrop serversetting (off by default)

Does this mean what I think it means. Ammo?

You now get 10 damage per sec when standing on an active air vehicle to prevent vehicle surfing

Gooood. No more of that stupidity.

Crates adjustments:

You will not get a refill crate when your ammo and health are above 75%

You will not get a character switching crate if you already have a non free character

Crates now will spawn at the beginning of every game minute to make them less random

Initial Money ctate credits changed from 100 -> 150

Character Crates wont award the free char classes anymore so that its more worthwhile to get

Yes! Finally.

Set KickIdlers on by default, and set to 5 minutes

Anti-AFK?

Added check to prevent players from placing beacons inside their own base (the check is based on the spotting locations/buildings

if the nearest spotting actor is a friendly building the beacon cant be placed. The player gets a message informing him about it)

Nice. I hope this means less retarded beacon spamming.

"They're decoy beacons. It's a strategy!"

"..." *headshot*

spotting adds markers on the minimap

spotting adds markers on the Main HUD

For every teammate and not just the person, I hope.

Walls_Flying: fixed a sniper exploit (could use a chopper to get on the 2 side rocks)

Aaaaahh. Nice.

Whiteout:

Enhanced background scenery

Removed cluttered scenery

Added infantry only base entry points

Added automated base defenses

Added gun emplacements

Added additional cover to silo area

Revised entire tunnel system (now includes side tunnels)

Revised background aesthetic for entire to provide cleaner/less-cluttered appearance

Repositioned base defences

Altered coloration of tiberium areas

Altered post process effects slightly

Altered coloration of landscape slightly (with addition of second, slight, color variation in snow

Oooohhhh.

Mesa:

Cave is now inf only

Vehicles can now use both side routes

Various other changes to structure placements etc

Hmmm....could be good.

Field:

Widened tunnel entrances

Added a ramp for infantry to have another exit and a sniper vantage point from their bases to the field

Air tower is rotated so the entrance is facing the obelisk

Removed all wall barriers in the bases

Added some rocks on top of the sniper perches to allow tanks to damage infantry with splash damage

Modified tunnel entrances slightly

Lowered water level to allow infantry to cross and use the river bank

Bridges have been updated to allow infantry to cross under them

Removed all base walls to allow more access to infantry and vehicles

Updated path nodes configuration for hopefully less AI getting stuck ness

Added path nodes in the river bank for infantry to cross

Added small water puddles here and there

Added cover around the silo

Intereeesting...

When you get killed the camera now rotates towards your killer so that you can see what direction you were killed from

NO!

Why? Most campers in Renegade are obvious or not camping very long. Getting an angle won't change anything except for the so-bad-at-the-game that they deserve the help lol. Unlike planetside2, which has "revival" which overbenefits directionality, and points with very important angles of sitting that one might camp for twenty minutes straight.
Timed C4 now plays beep(s) every 5 seconds

Why...

To time it's detonation with remotes, and/or a beacon placed nearby. Just so you know how much time left on it. And, that beep, it's only audiable by the player that placed it, no?

Snipers are the most frustrating part of every single shooters I've played in existence, and part of it is not knowing why you died. Seriously. Why are people -ever- against knowing where you got shot from? A lot of games just have kill cam. Knowing where the shot came is the least.

It was way worse also with the fact that for some reason, the kill shot's trail on you never seems to render.

@SFJake its because people spawn and knowing exactly where the player killed you is going to be

is pretty imbalanced. If you spot f.x. som1 at hill in walls you caan buy a sniper and take him out

easily... If you saw him. I feel that the only real need for kill cam is to check on whether or not

the player was hacking.

Why? Most campers in Renegade are obvious or not camping very long. Getting an angle won't change anything except for the so-bad-at-the-game that they deserve the help lol. Unlike planetside2, which has "revival" which overbenefits directionality, and points with very important angles of sitting that one might camp for twenty minutes straight

Yeah, yeah...that typical tactic of relocating. But, if I find a good spot where I want to get a few kills in from before having to relocate. This way, I'll have to move after a single kill, because they'll know where I immediately. Which is dumb. Someone doesn't know where they were killed from? Frustrating, yes. But, it doesn't mean they should now. That's the point of sniping and stealth. To not be discovered after one kill. So when you kill someone, you expect that person to return to the field in the next half minute and kill your ass. It doesn't make things more exciting or fair. Only more annoying. THAT is what's unfair. Not the inability to tell where one is killed from. You don't know where the bullet came from? You're dead. You don't need to know. It's amateurish.

To time it's detonation with remotes, and/or a beacon placed nearby. Just so you know how much time left on it. And, that beep, it's only audiable by the player that placed it, no?

We don't know yet. And how would they be able to make it audible only for the player that placed it. If they can it's fine, but it others can hear it, too, then they'd just find the damn thing easily. It might be still too late to disarm it, but it's not a damn beacon to be beeping. Not even if it's only every 5 second. And if they're going to make the countdown beep only audible for the player who placed it, then wouldn't a timer be more sensible and comfortable on their HUD somewhere?

Snipers are the most frustrating part of every single shooters I've played in existence, and part of it is not knowing why you died. Seriously. Why are people -ever- against knowing where you got shot from? A lot of games just have kill cam. Knowing where the shot came is the least.

It was way worse also with the fact that for some reason, the kill shot's trail on you never seems to render.

Oh, you'll know why you died, you just don't know where from, so the next time you spawn, you'll be more careful when going out. So the game is actually more exciting for YOU. I see no point in giving people any advantages and holding their hands. If they get sniped, be more careful. It would not be any fun if snipers had to relocate after each kill, even if that is some official sniper-tactic. It would just be irritating and completely unfair towards the sniper if after each kill they'd have half a minute to get the hell out of a perfectly good hiding spot, because the person they killed will find them immediately after they've respawned and saw which direction they were.

It frustrates me, also, when I get sniped, but instead of wanting the easy way out, a camera to point the way, I just switch to a basic marksman or a higher tier sniper and slowly make my way out of the base, pausing at every corner and surveying the area with my scope or just the reticule to see where the enemy is. It's a lot more fun than having the game point you in the direction.

The easy way out? Screw your hand holding crap as an excuse, this isn't real life and isn't real war. Looking around for incredibly tiny out-of-the-way spot essentially means being unable to play at all. Maybe i should just always pick a sniper as an answer and pick every spot and play that stupid sniper war, too. If I don't even understand what magical spot he's using I'll just die again and again. Even figuring it out I just end up having to avoid entire part of the map, since I cannot fight a sniper without a sniper.

You look at it completely backward. Its way too easy for the sniper to hang in one point when he can't be discovered. Luckily this game even has tracers for snipers, so your entire argument basically does not exist, the intention IS EXACTLY that we see where the snipers are, nothing less, and I'll avoid the hell out of any games that don't have this behaviour. Snipers are already so ridiculous that they're not really scared of anything except other snipers. They don't need all the power you'd give them for no reason except hand holding excuses which are irrelevant non-sense.

We don't know yet. And how would they be able to make it audible only for the player that placed it. If they can it's fine, but it others can hear it, too, then they'd just find the damn thing easily. It might be still too late to disarm it, but it's not a damn beacon to be beeping. Not even if it's only every 5 second. And if they're going to make the countdown beep only audible for the player who placed it, then wouldn't a timer be more sensible and comfortable on their HUD somewhere?

No. This is time-tested via one of the most used mods in classic Renegade. I used this mod. Except it beeps every 5, seconds, then every 1 second at 10, then at the end I modded my own sound file to have the "race start" beep at the green light of racing games.

Typical tactic of relocating

No, that isn't what I meant. What I meant, is that this game is low-lethality. When you kill anyone or shoot anything, most everyone knows where you are and you are usually marked with the Q button by the team anyway. This will not significantly reveal your location any more than it was being revealed by just playing the game. Likewise, you don't even really HAVE to relocate neither. You can snipe the snipers. You can avoid a sniper line of sight and still snipe engineers behind tanks. This isn't battlefield. This is Renegade.

Some people actually realize that positioning/movement is more important than aim, so the "show me who killed me" feature is a pretty big nerf to these players.

No need for a carebear feature like this in the game.

Such non-sense, again. You can just as easily say, the carebear feature is having free reign for not being revealed when killing someone. Those who are actually good at positioning and movement already don't stick to the same spot and won't get caught even with this feature.

Stop being so single minded.

The easy way out? Screw your hand holding crap as an excuse, this isn't real life and isn't real war. Looking around for incredibly tiny out-of-the-way spot essentially means being unable to play at all. Maybe i should just always pick a sniper as an answer and pick every spot and play that stupid sniper war, too. If I don't even understand what magical spot he's using I'll just die again and again. Even figuring it out I just end up having to avoid entire part of the map, since I cannot fight a sniper without a sniper.

You look at it completely backward. Its way too easy for the sniper to hang in one point when he can't be discovered. Luckily this game even has tracers for snipers, so your entire argument basically does not exist, the intention IS EXACTLY that we see where the snipers are, nothing less, and I'll avoid the hell out of any games that don't have this behaviour. Snipers are already so ridiculous that they're not really scared of anything except other snipers. They don't need all the power you'd give them for no reason except hand holding excuses which are irrelevant non-sense.

See, so you do have more than enough help, ALREADY because of the bullet trails, and if you cannot locate the sniper immediately someone else on your team can and might kill it for you or tell you were saw the shot from.

So, yeah. Your argument is invalid. Snipers still have to relocate eventually, because their bullet trails can still be traced back by, oh you know, players who actually make an effort and aren't lazy to use their own damn eyes and don't need a silly killcam to immediately point them the way.

No. This is time-tested via one of the most used mods in classic Renegade. I used this mod. Except it beeps every 5, seconds, then every 1 second at 10, then at the end I modded my own sound file to have the "race start" beep at the green light of racing games.

Typical tactic of relocating

No, that isn't what I meant. What I meant, is that this game is low-lethality. When you kill anyone or shoot anything, most everyone knows where you are and you are usually marked with the Q button by the team anyway. This will not significantly reveal your location any more than it was being revealed by just playing the game. Likewise, you don't even really HAVE to relocate neither. You can snipe the snipers. You can avoid a sniper line of sight and still snipe engineers behind tanks. This isn't battlefield. This is Renegade.

Oh, you don't have to tell me. I had spots in Field at the NOD entrance where I was crouching in the shadow right in the face of the attacking GDI forces and I kept killing off their engineers for half an hour before they could see me. The risky part was running back for a refill under the cover of an airstrike. Sometimes I single-handedly thwarted a rush by eliminating all engineers so their vehicles couldn't advance. And it worked as an offense as well. When I used the same spot with GDI after the Nod turret was destroyed. They had know idea where the hell I was picking off their engineers from, who couldn't even make inside the HOD or kept getting decapped while they repaired vehicles. I bet even a killcam wouldn't have helped them much, unless I kept firing and they saw the muzzle flash. And more experienced players can see that right away and kill you before you can start properly sniping them.

This kill cam nonsense is just hand-holding for novices.

Besides they have erected some invisible walls around most of my old spots, like up in the waterfall, so I can't even use that anymore.

Some people actually realize that positioning/movement is more important than aim, so the "show me who killed me" feature is a pretty big nerf to these players.

No need for a carebear feature like this in the game.

Such non-sense, again. You can just as easily say, the carebear feature is having free reign for not being revealed when killing someone. Those who are actually good at positioning and movement already don't stick to the same spot and won't get caught even with this feature.

Stop being so single minded.

And more experienced players can immediately spot snipers via the bullet trail or muzzle flash so they don't need the help of a silly killcam.

If you just run out to the field without thinking, out in the middle in plain sight, and lose your head, that's your problem.

It actually makes the game more exciting when one has to be careful how they maneuver around the battlefield.

Oh, you don't have to tell me. I had spots in Field at the NOD entrance where I was crouching in the shadow right in the face of the attacking GDI forces and I kept killing off their engineers for half an hour before they could see me. The risky part was running back for a refill under the cover of an airstrike. Sometimes I single-handedly thwarted a rush by eliminating all engineers so their vehicles couldn't advance. And it worked as an offense as well. When I used the same spot with GDI after the Nod turret was destroyed. They had know idea where the hell I was picking off their engineers from, who couldn't even make inside the HOD or kept getting decapped while they repaired vehicles. I bet even a killcam wouldn't have helped them much, unless I kept firing and they saw the muzzle flash. And more experienced players can see that right away and kill you before you can start properly sniping them.

Besides they have erected some invisible walls around most of my old spots, like up in the waterfall, so I can't even use that anymore.

You are mistaken. They can shell you and snipe at you, but their sniping spots arent always in line with yours unless they go way out into the open like the engis or the allied tanks that would constantly shove them if they tried sniping around them. They know where you are. Even without "killcam". They simply cannot stop you, which is why the killcam changes nothing. It is too low-lethality to really waste time trying to damage you from a place and range you have tons of ways to avoid a lot of damage at.

Not sure if the map changes will change it, but I do sorta like how you can snipe HON front door from the Nod bunker. That is always fun. And entirely easy to know when it is happening, but besides slowly shelling or pecking at them, there isn't much stopping it. Which is the purpose of nerfing their 1 hit kill on free classes, and lowering damage a bit on light armor. They single handedly shut down light armor and vehicle repair, as you said. And they don't even have a line of sight to attack from, they only have to see the engis on the vehicles, they don't have to stand out in the open so you can snipe them from the GDI wf wall or something.

You are mistaken. They can shell you and snipe at you, but their sniping spots arent always in line with yours unless they go way out into the open like the engis or the allied tanks that would constantly shove them if they tried sniping around them. They know where you are. Even without "killcam". They simply cannot stop you, which is why the killcam changes nothing. It is too low-lethality to really waste time trying to damage you from a place and range you have tons of ways to avoid a lot of damage at.

Not sure if the map changes will change it, but I do sorta like how you can snipe HON front door from the Nod bunker. That is always fun. And entirely easy to know when it is happening, but besides slowly shelling or pecking at them, there isn't much stopping it. Which is the purpose of nerfing their 1 hit kill on free classes, and lowering damage a bit on light armor. They single handedly shut down light armor and vehicle repair, as you said. And they don't even have a line of sight to attack from, they only have to see the engis on the vehicles, they don't have to stand out in the open so you can snipe them from the GDI wf wall or something.

Well, when I was on defense with NOD on field, I hid in my usual spot in a shadowy little crack in the rocks leading into the NOD base and I was right in the face of the attackers, their tanks and engineer and spent half an hour if not more happily sniping away and only after that did they saw me. Probably their reticule turned red when one of their engineer got close and was facing me by pure accident, otherwise they would have C4-ed my ass right away, but I guess they weren't paying attention to muzzle flashes. Were too busy playing peek-a-boo with the Obelisk.

I especially loved it when I was with GDI at the same spot and two or three Stealth Black Hands passed right in front of me, close enough that I could count em and I quickly decapped one and the others didn't even notice.

I never use the bunkers on Field. It's a death sentence.

Suggestion: Currently, the best way to difffuse mines, are by letting units walk slowly into mines, while healing their head.

That means, effectively, the equivalent landmine disarm health, is rationally equal to the body heal time of the damage the mine inflicts.

In lamen's terms: Bring the mine's disarm time via repairing the mine directly, to be at least almost nearly as fast as repairing the unit that is soaking the landmine damage. Right now it isn't even the bodyshot heal of a unit sprinting into 2 of them, it is even longer to disarm 1 mine.

It would only make sense to disarm mines at least as equally as it makes sense to soak the damage and heal, if the mines were disarmed in at least roughly or almost the same time as healing the body of the teammate that is intentionally walking into the mine for the damage.

What is the current time to repair the unit taking the damage, compared to disarming the mine? Almost 2 seconds compared to almost 8? At least make it 4-5 seconds to disarm a mine, 4-5 seconds is a lot of time and it would make sense to make it more if infantry soaking and repairing the damage didn't take 2-3.

A backward way to look at it. This would nerf mines and, if nothing else, mines are too weak, but certainly -not- too strong. Whats bad is exactly that you can just trigger them and get so little damage.

Wait, mines stalemate non-overly-cooperative tunnel play, but you want to buff their damage?

Idk, I can agree on a middle ground, where mines get some sort of balance in their disarm and/or some way for non-engis to disarm like the upcoming emp nade addition, but then mines get buffed so 1 less scores a kill or fixed where walking into them does sprinting levels of damage.

Mines are OP if you look at all their qualities, the mine count being a "silent alarm", the damage they do being lethal if you don't read the super secret non-pub-player documentation on how to handle mines via walking into them slowly and repairing the damage or the like...

...and I don't think a game should be so secretive in mechanics, that an important handling of mines to make them sane and balanced, is too obscure for most players to ever know or use. I can deal with the "unreliability in mechanics" getting fixed to a more set damage regardless of intellegence of diving into them, and then balancing them to comphensate.

AND

Since this doesn't only apply to snipers it is an incredibly BAD IDEA.

Example:

I sneak up into the enemy's bunker on Island, or completely infiltrate their base and hide somewhere. I hunker down. I see some of them mining or just strafing around shooting into the tunnel. One of them gets injured and runs back towards HON or Airfield or Refinery. I pop out with an SBH + Carbine, or a sniper or anything and mow them down, reducing the rest of their HP quickly without being seen, when their back is turned. Now, if the camera immediately rotates towards me, they will immediately know they were killed by someone who wasn't in the tunnel, or out on the beach, on the sniper rocks, but inside their base. Perhaps they would know this anyway, but they will clearly see WHERE they need to go. If I'd be up in their bunker, they'd know. If I'd be somewhere around their Ref or Airfield, they'd know, when they otherwise wouldn't be certain which way they'd need to go.

Sometimes I had in a crack between the rocks at the end of the bridge in Mountain and people can run by me without seeing me, even if I'm not stealth. I killed them fast enough, they should be guessing whether I was shooting from the bridge, from the path somewhere...etc., not immediately being directed my way, when that spot served me completely well, at least for that one kill and chances are the camera will show an angle from where they could see me, anyway as it is random at this moment, as far as I can see.

Thus, this death-cam completely ruins the excitement of the stealth element in the game, because you'll be found a lot easier, when you shouldn't be.

I urge the dev-team to strongly reconsider adding this 'feature'.

Make all death-cams show an overhead view that isn't too wide. If anyone runs within view and gets seen, or can't get away from the body fast enough if they killed the person from up-close, or they're teabagging, then it's their fault if they get seen.

Right now, the cam is freecam when you die anyway, you can spend 20-30 seconds moving it around looking. They would be able to find you in that situation. Besides, it isn't that big of a deal, planetside2 players made it a big deal but calm down lol.

If this feature does anything, it helps the guy that just got killed. Hate to say it, but this game isn't call of duty in regard that it currently doesn't really help the guy that got killed at all. That is a real good way to run away players, leaving the 23 "elite" players here playing amongst themselves in like 4 months. This way, at least if someone dies 4 times in a row, they can't say they didn't get some sort of help.

Besides, the elite player in this rts, if you read yosh's guide, would not kill unless necessary. Don't kill free infantry near their own base, don't kill any infantry if you are in an apc on the way to their base, you will just send them back to defend when you kill them, if you leave them alive then they are stuck out in the field when they hear moments later of their structure death. Do kill expensive classes, hotwires sort of don't even really constitute an expensive class, unless they are repairing tanks far out into the field or repairing buildings. Do kill things when a building dies, because they can't be replaced. If you do attack a building, give a false alarm to one before shelling another so they repair the wrong one, travel time on foot is precious damage time. If you shell a building for a point lead then get ready for an overly funded enemy, or don't shell buildings preemptively and focus on only shelling the harvester and doorways and enemy vehicles. Wait for them to unpurchase hotwires for something else, THEN surge-shoot one building and then another to try and take it down before they notice it again.

It isn't an arena shooter, its a first person real time strategy game.

Right now, the cam is freecam when you die anyway, you can spend 20-30 seconds moving it around looking. They would be able to find you in that situation. Besides, it isn't that big of a deal, planetside2 players made it a big deal but calm down lol.

If this feature does anything, it helps the guy that just got killed. Hate to say it, but this game isn't call of duty in regard that it currently doesn't really help the guy that got killed at all. That is a real good way to run away players, leaving the 23 "elite" players here playing amongst themselves in like 4 months. This way, at least if someone dies 4 times in a row, they can't say they didn't get some sort of help.

Besides, the elite player in this rts, if you read yosh's guide, would not kill unless necessary. Don't kill free infantry near their own base, don't kill any infantry if you are in an apc on the way to their base, you will just send them back to defend when you kill them, if you leave them alive then they are stuck out in the field when they hear moments later of their structure death. Do kill expensive classes, hotwires sort of don't even really constitute an expensive class, unless they are repairing tanks far out into the field or repairing buildings. Do kill things when a building dies, because they can't be replaced. If you do attack a building, give a false alarm to one before shelling another so they repair the wrong one, travel time on foot is precious damage time. If you shell a building for a point lead then get ready for an overly funded enemy, or don't shell buildings preemptively and focus on only shelling the harvester and doorways and enemy vehicles. Wait for them to unpurchase hotwires for something else, THEN surge-shoot one building and then another to try and take it down before they notice it again.

It isn't an arena shooter, its a first person real time strategy game.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Don't get trigger-happy or you blow your cover. In short.

Still, we don't need a feature to help the dead guy. The dead guy is dead. They should respawn and rejoin the action ASAP, not play around with the camera trying to locate which direction they got killed from, which doesn't always work, by the way. It often gets stuck and sometimes one cannot rotate it around fully. But, this feature would immediately point them in the right direction. And if someone dies four times in a row, maybe they should start paying more attention after their first 3 deaths and stop relying on crutches to make it easier for them, which is what this feature will be.

Maybe -you- should start relying on the fact that once someone dies by your hand everyone knows you're there. Deal with it. Has never stopped infiltrators from being incredibly successful yet you keep on whining how bad it is for them. For a guy talking of "crutches" and "handholding" you certainly can't seem to get over this.

Maybe -you- should start relying on the fact that once someone dies by your hand everyone knows you're there. Deal with it.

Oh, please. If I can kill someone without them seeing me, then that's that. They shouldn't be helped out, unless it's by another teammate who saw it and relays the info, or they get lucky with the kill cam and spot which way I was, anyway. If not, then too bad for them. THAT is what makes it a game. Not relying on gimmicks to hold your hand and immediately show you where you need to look, just because you're too lazy to be careful and approach a situation with care. And even if you do, you could get whacked and couldn't see the attack coming. And the person who gets you shouldn't get practically a friggin' spotlight shone on them. They should be able to get away with it, because they're good or got lucky with the situation, since no one saw them. This is war. It's no place for fairness.

Guess what? When I get killed off more times than I can take, I write some angry messages and when I calm down I ask someone from my team if they can see who is killing us. I'll switch characters or do something else on the field. Like repairs.

But, I don't ever want a damn crutch, even if some veteran players are too hard to track down, approach and deal with, sometimes.

Maybe -you- should start relying on yourself and others, instead of a crutch. And if you get killed without knowing where it came from and no one can help you out for whatever reason, then deal with it.

Enough. You have stated your oppinion like twenty times now. We dont need anymore of it. If you still want to repeat yourself then pls make a new topic.

What about the stealth effect on whiteout? I followed a mobius around yesterday for like minutes intentionally close to his side, just to see if he ever notices me. He cross his vision across me, even bumped shoulders, like twice. Now, a hotwire saw me later on, but I am thinking they were focused on him and that trained their eyesight better on me.

You mentioned other levers to make sbh more visible. If not color, brightness? or what of the sort? Because against the newbies, that has got to be one of the easiest devices to win, is their blindness.

We can change the stealh effect visibility based on map. That means on whiteout the effect itself is a bit more prominent. We could tweak this more though there might be the danger that SBH then get too easy to see for people that turn their graphics options all the way down (so that they are not blinded by bloom).

We can change the stealh effect visibility based on map. That means on whiteout the effect itself is a bit more prominent. We could tweak this more though there might be the danger that SBH then get too easy to see for people that turn their graphics options all the way down (so that they are not blinded by bloom).

What about the stealth's shimmer effect when viewed from an angle so you're looking at a river on e.g.: Field?

Perhaps that may be an issue already. I haven't actually encountered SBH who were squatting near bodies of water. And what about a waterfall? How much does that help mask the shimmering?

I'm only asking, because of the changes you're planning for Field, in particular. They way I see it, there's going to be a lot more action around there, or people will use those areas of the map more for cover (with SBH, anyway.)

Also, it is only marginally more difficult to see stealth effects on snowy maps, but is it even possible to change effects/detection to be different on every map?

Is the issue with the freezing resolved? You know, when a vehicle explodes, the game freezes?

Previously the game crashed when that happens, so I'm just wondering about those freezes.

The client freezes but the server doesnt. When for example I'm running forward and a freeze occurs, I find myself on the other side of the map as if I've been running the entire time.

Is the issue with the freezing resolved? You know, when a vehicle explodes, the game freezes?

Can't confirm it's solved, but I know we've tested it and it never occurred on both Walls and Whiteout (which had the problems). I am sure the developers can get into more details.

Previously the game crashed when that happens, so I'm just wondering about those freezes.

The client freezes but the server doesnt. When for example I'm running forward and a freeze occurs, I find myself on the other side of the map as if I've been running the entire time

That was exactly the problem, also in vehicles, extremely annoying when having a last vehicle or carrying an expansive weapon / beacon.

Will you be adding back the "dot" reticle that shows where the shot will actually hit? Perhaps making the vehicle reticle entirely float? I remember it making it a lot easier to tell if i was going to hit something in front of me or be able to clear it...

As far as I know, AntiAliasing is not considered Post Processing in UDK. At least from what I see in PostProcessVolume
FXAA/SMAA is post process. MSAA etc, are not. I just run all my games through RadeonPro and force enable antialiasing.

Edit: Why remove rev up times on chainguns? Why not make rightclick for keep spinning?

Something i noticed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M270_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_System it's actually supposed to be MLRS not MRLS, why is it that you called it MRLS?

Also, is there anything that can be done about the mouse movement/acceleration? It's really hard to aim at anything. Like it's not very quick when turning, and if you turn up the sensitivity(speed), it's really twitchy when trying to make precise smaller aim movements.

Edited by Guest

is already in March because I'm not seeing beta 4 for download? :mad:
We are working on it, but there are problems left that we dont know yet how long it will take to solve. I said it is almost done and it is. But we dont know how long the last remaining things will take. Also depends on availability of people etc.
When devs and testers are fine with the state of the closed beta. We dont know when atm. But within the next two weeks i hope.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74674&p=145396#p145396