Exploit: Speedhack like effect from vehicle collision

Soylentgamer

Friendly infantry/vehicle collision is really messed up. When a vehicle runs into an inf, it pushes you forward (and jerks the screen around a lot) and then afterwards the inf warps back near to where they were before the vehicle hit them. I assume he's saying that if you do this next to a wall the infantry wont warp back afterwards

• Totem Arts Staff
Friendly infantry/vehicle collision is really messed up. When a vehicle runs into an inf, it pushes you forward (and jerks the screen around a lot) and then afterwards the inf warps back near to where they were before the vehicle hit them. I assume he's saying that if you do this next to a wall the infantry wont warp back afterwards

...I've never warped back to where I was >_>. I just ride the front of vehicles on a regular basis. But it is shaky in third person, in first you don't really notice it.

What happens is if you get pinned between a wall and a friendly vehicle as infantry, you'll end up "phasing" through the vehicle, and you will be able to move around at high speed like you are using a speedhack. Then when the vehicle backs away from the wall you get moved back to where you were.

Sounds more like a Ping problem. If you do get 'Speedhack Detected' message, that actually means that you had bad connection. I usually get this when my player starts to dubstep

I have good connection, only ~30 ping, it only happens when I get trapped between two friendly vehicles or between a friendly vehicle and a wall.

It's just a usability issue, no advantage is really gained by anyone. You don't actually end up getting anywhere faster because of this, as you are warped right back to where the server tells you you are. Also only you perceive this speedy movement, everyone else still sees you correctly. Will be due to some problem with the client movement prediction when in particular cases of vehicle contact.

I made this video a long time ago that shows the issue

Can people benefit from it? Maybe if it is possible to travel into the enemy base with this you could call out enemy vehicles. Also if the hit detection is client side does that mean I can shoot someone on my screen when im actually somewhere else on the server?