Not using dedicated GPU

ARC_trooper

Good day all,

I recently got myself a laptop(so i can play even more? haha) but when i start the game up it uses the onboard intel processor instead of the nvidia one.

Anyone know how to fix this? I tried to force it through the nvidia control panel without succes, even did the "right mouse button -> open with nvidia gpu" thing without any improvement. (yes, everything it up-to-date)

The intel manages to start and play the game but when the shooting/explosions start to happen it can lag abit. (setting to min)

Also tried to disable the intel one at the devices thingy, when i disabled it there the game started using a windows integrated gpu instead of the available nvidia gpu lol.. It uses the intel one for the display as far as i can tell, doubt its even using the nvidia gpu.. (or is there a program to see if its being used? Perhaps that the game is saying its using the intel but its actually using the Nvidia one?)

You say it lags a bit, but i can tell that the intel gpu can run the game but it is on 5-15 FPS

(not min settings)

Dont you have a LED showing what GPU is used at the moment?

(I have a green one for the Intel and a orange LED if the NVIDIA is used)

IDK what you mean with that:

@omega, when i do that and i start the game i press ~, inthere it says there it loads the intel gpu

You say it lags a bit, but i can tell that the intel gpu can run the game but it is on 5-15 FPS

(not min settings)

Dont you have a LED showing what GPU is used at the moment?

(I have a green one for the Intel and a orange LED if the NVIDIA is used)

IDK what you mean with that:

@omega, when i do that and i start the game i press ~, inthere it says there it loads the intel gpu

Uhm, i typed that on my phone so it got messy lol.. I meant that when i start the game and i press the '~' button, it says a load of stuff but also that its using the intel gpu :P

I'll try to see if there a light difference lol.. I just reinstalled windows 7 (instead of 8.1) and reinstalled the game on that. Hope it works otherwise the intel gotta do :P

Thanks anyway guys :D