Forum Board Needs Better Organization

get-a-grip

Other forums I visit show main categories, sub-categories, and as many posts as will fit on a page with the most recent ones at the top. The way the RenX board is currently organized, as soon as a new post pops up the old one disappears which makes following a thread nearly impossible. Also the post tag should include the name of the person who started the thread and all replies should say "last post by (name)" instead of the way it is now which makes it look like the last poster wrote the topic instead of just replying.

Edited by Guest

Just click "view new posts". I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise, the categories are laid out very normally and actually categorize things. The only problem being the place is not very active for all the sections.

OK, I finally found what you were talking about after searching for it, but I sure wouldn't have known it otherwise. The first rule of good UI design is that it should be intuitive enough that a user can utilize it easily without any instruction whatsoever. Believe me, there are dramatically better organized bulletin boards I am familiar with but I don't want to mention names because it might break RenX rules.