The REAL Way To Make The Game Run Better

First of all I wanted to tell the devs that they have done a remarkable job with this game especially considering it is totally free. Congratulations gentlemen, I tip my hat to you.

Now to the main point of this post.

With gleeful anticipation, I often check the forum board for posts critical of the game knowing full well that an endless train of fanbois will froth at the mouth and cry, "HERETIC!...BLASPHEMER!...DEATH TO THE UNBELIEVER!" at the poor unsuspecting soul who has the audacity to question their beloved.

Poster: "How come the game runs so slow?"

Fanbois: "BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID!"

Poster: "Is there anything I can do to make the game run better?"

Fanbois: "BUY A NEW COMPUTER MORON!"

Poster: "How come the soldiers move so fast, and it takes so many many fricking bullets to kill somebody?"

Fanbois: "BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SKILL AND YOU SUCK IDIOT!"

-Ad Infinitum-

Now with the useless fanbois aside let us proceed to some actual information.

The UDK is sponsored by NVIDIA and PhysX & Apex are embedded in the engine. PhysX has been hard-coded to only run on the gpu if it is an NVIDIA. If an ATI gpu is used for a UDK game, it will run very poorly by design. So rather than the nonsense the fanbois spout at people looking for help, how about if we give them the truth for once.

Poster: "How come the game runs so bad for me?"

Honest Answer: "UDK will not run well on an ATI gpu. You will have to use an NVIDIA gpu if you want the game to run significantly better."

Now I know we all feel much better and there's only one thing left to say:

---FANBOIS START YOUR ENGINES!!!---