make a lower graphics version please.

make a lower graphics version please. something that wont make the graphics look Nintendo 64 graphics like, this is the game on lowest settings, that's why I ask this. make a optional patch or version for a lower graphics version that it will still look good like without the sharp edges of the character model. im tired of running it on max settings it causes my videocard to overheat to 80c that's very close to 90c, yes I can play on max 0 lag but not without my gpu getting too hot. this will be good for the low end people. :P;):D

Edited by Guest

Sean":2saut1wy]Just set all your settings to ultra low? /result

yes I set all to lowest settings, then it gets Nintendo 64 graphics looks, like graphics from over 15 years ago. and the default character on the GDI I mean also gets a hitler mustache on lowest settings.

Edited by Guest

Tip 1: Clean your PC, but do NOT use a vacuum cleaner.

Tip 2. Make sure you got enough ventilation in your chassi.

Tip 3. If its still too hot, download MSI Afterburner and enable the MSI On Screen Display, in it, limit your FPS to 60. This only helps if your PC is normally spitting out more than 60 FPS though.

Tip 1: Clean your PC, but do NOT use a vacuum cleaner.

Tip 2. Make sure you got enough ventilation in your chassi.

Tip 3. If its still too hot, download MSI Afterburner and enable the MSI On Screen Display, in it, limit your FPS to 60. This only helps if your PC is normally spitting out more than 60 FPS though.

Ahahaha. Good joke :)

... So you want even lower graphics settings which leads to better graphics? This makes no sense to me. :/

Why not just go for medium settings then?

my gpu still gets hot same temp as on max. yes this is a very high end game. I just want low graphics that's good enough/still looks good. not Nintendo 64 graphics

1. What is the brand and model of your gpu?

2. Was your gpu new when you bought it?

3. Do you have trouble running the UT3 demo?

P.S. Asking devs to spend significant man hours to alter their game in the hopes it might solve a problem with your gpu overheating isn't exactly reasonable so please stop spamming that request. If your gpu overheats while running the UT3 demo you most likely have hardware issues.

1. What is the brand and model of your gpu?

2. Was your gpu new when you bought it?

3. Do you have trouble running the UT3 demo?

P.S. Asking devs to spend significant man hours to alter their game in the hopes it might solve a problem with your gpu overheating isn't exactly reasonable so please stop spamming that request. If your gpu overheats while running the UT3 demo you most likely have hardware issues.

I have xfx radeon 6870, I bought the system from a guy that builds and sells gaming pc that had this card, so don't kno how new. might of been freshly built pc. what is UT3 and anyways will a better GPU produce less heat?

Buying a used gpu is always very risky. People burn them up with overclocking or wear them out and then sell them on the inet as "used-good-condition", lol . (ATI gpus are especially risky to buy used since they are popular for bitcoin mining. Obviously I don't know anything about the guy in question though, so bear in mind I'm just making general statements of course.)

UDK is specifically designed to run on NVIDIA gpus since PhysX is embedded in the game engine. If an ATI gpu is used then PhysX will only run on the cpu, which causes a drastic performance drop. (Note: I am not claiming NVIDIA is better than ATI for everything but it is unquestionably better for running PhysX games.)

If you don't have a copy of UT3 (UnrealTournament3) then you can download the free demo from fileplanet. I don't remember for sure but I think it even has a built in benchmark. Anyway, since both UT3 & UDK use the Unreal3 engine you can run the demo and if you get the same overheating then your gpu may have hardware issues.

If you can possibly borrow a halfway decent NVIDIA gpu from a friend to test, I think you will find that it runs this game much better than ATI.

Basically if a game uses PhysX then it was designed to run better on NVIDIA. On the other hand, if most of the games you play don't have PhysX then you can save some cash and buy an ATI instead.

I vote that you just get some new hardware. Even just cheap stuff... the low end of the modern GPUs are more than enough to handle this game.

It's really not fair to ask them to do more work to make the graphics go even lower (which is a lot more work than you think) just because one person is too stubborn to play on a computer that at least meets the minimum requirements for the game.

Also, making settings be able to go too low can be abused by giving players advantages over players who have everything turned up. Without all the bells and whistles, you'd be more aware of what's happening in the environment compared to someone with everything maxed out. Granted it's a choice that is freely given to everyone, it would be an incredibly stupid move to encourage players to play with low-end settings just to stay competitive.

Please stop being coy with people.

He doesn't need to buy "cheap stuff". The guy has an ATI gpu that is capable of running BF3 for crying out loud. The problem is not that his gpu is weak, the problem is the fact that UDK games use PhysX and won't run well on ATI by design.

PhysX games are designed to run on NVIDIA period.

I've never seen a forum with so many people intent on muddling up a thread, but allow me to clarify the issue once more.

ATI owners can do this free experiment to demonstrate the effect PhysX in a game engine has on their performance regardless of the quality of the graphics.

Most ATI gpus will run the original Bioshock Demo extremely well even in DX10. In fact, an A6-APU will quite happily churn out 60fps with few slowdowns.

On the other hand, if that same A6-APU is used to play the UT3 Demo, it will run like a retarded snail.

Why? Graphics? I think that most people would agree that Bioshock is graphically superior to UT3 so there must be another reason.

The reason of course is that Bioshock uses a modified version of the UE2.5 engine while UT3 uses the UE3 engine. The important difference between the two engines is that UE2.5 uses Havok physics while UE3 uses PhysX.

Note: UDK also uses the UE3 engine with PhysX and that is why it runs poorly on ATI gpus.

Basically we can come to this simple conclusion:

If you want to play games that don't use PhysX, like BF3, you can save some cash and get an ATI.

If you want to play games with PhysX, like UDK games, get an NVIDIA.

I agree with the op. If cant. then just make a patch for the lower graphics settings, so it wont look blocky and sharp edges, like nintendo 64 graphics lol, but still has the same performance as on the old low settings.

I agree with the op. If cant. then just make a patch for the lower graphics settings, so it wont look blocky and sharp edges, like nintendo 64 graphics lol, but still has the same performance as on the old low settings.

No offense, but that statement makes no sense. How can you make a patch that increases fps by reducing graphic requirements but increase the graphics quality at the same time?

As I understand it, the whole point of this project was to recreate C&C:Renegade with high quality graphics to make it appealing to a modern audience. The fact that most people downloaded RenX because of game-play videos on youtube is proof that the strategy was successful. Consequently, the devs are unlikely to have much interest in further reducing the already horrible looking "low" graphic settings to help struggling hardware.

The problem is simply this: UDK will not run well on ATI because of PhysX. The only "patch" that will significantly improve performance is to replace the ATI with an NVIDIA.

P.S. I've never bothered to mention Intel integrated graphics because I assumed everybody already knows that Intel igps are terrible even if a game doesn't use PhysX, lol. :P

No offense, but that statement makes no sense. How can you make a patch that increases fps by reducing graphic requirements but increase the graphics quality at the same time?

As I understand it, the whole point of this project was to recreate C&C:Renegade with high quality graphics to make it appealing to a modern audience. The fact that most people downloaded RenX because of game-play videos on youtube is proof that the strategy was successful. Consequently, the devs are unlikely to have much interest in further reducing the already horrible looking "low" graphic settings to help struggling hardware.

The problem is simply this: UDK will not run well on ATI because of PhysX. The only "patch" that will significantly improve performance is to replace the ATI with an NVIDIA.

P.S. I've never bothered to mention Intel integrated graphics because I assumed everybody already knows that Intel igps are terrible even if a game doesn't use PhysX, lol. :P

just make the lower settings look better without losing performance. please. I also cant play without my gpu getting hot. its cooler on the lower settings. just try and reduce the blocky and sharp edges