when will it change back to 64 players from 40?

renegadexplayer

Sean":2d1s9jdq]When vehicle lag & crashing on map change no longer occurs.

Is this a realistic goal? Due to the geographical dispersal of players, isn't lag due to latency inevitable? If this seems like a stupid question, keep in mind I don't have a background in IT, server management, or game design.

Sean":1exbqa46]When vehicle lag & crashing on map change no longer occurs.

Is this a realistic goal? Due to the geographical dispersal of players, isn't lag due to latency inevitable? If this seems like a stupid question, keep in mind I don't have a background in IT, server management, or game design.

You have to remember that Renegade X is in beta, so some things are going to be a bit wonky.

The player count was only temporarily reduced to 40 to reduce vechicle lag/crashes.

The key is in that statement ^ "temporarily". When changes/optimizations are made I certainly believe that the player count will be going back up.

To answer your question about latency - I can't speak for other servers but TheMatrixRen AOW attracts players from both sides of the pond and I hardly ever hear about latency issues, so from this I can only ascertain that this isn't a issue.

Sean":3cr0noo9]To answer your question about latency - I can't speak for other servers but TheMatrixRen AOW attracts players from both sides of the pond and I hardly ever hear about latency issues, so from this I can only ascertain that this isn't a issue.
Yep, even for us yanks 6-11k kilometres away from the server, it's generally not bad.

Looking forward to this. Seeing as tmx is always full , i can assume we will also fill up on a server with 64 spaces as well. might need a higher vehicle limit to match though.

Essentially stopped playing at this point because of the player cap so I can't wait. 40 is my minimum, worst part being is every match it empties out to hell and the match is won randomly by either side's boring first 5 minutes stunt.

64 players and the crash fix will help that.

Looking forward to this. Seeing as tmx is always full , i can assume we will also fill up on a server with 64 spaces as well. might need a higher vehicle limit to match though.

Essentially stopped playing at this point because of the player cap so I can't wait. 40 is my minimum, worst part being is every match it empties out to hell and the match is won randomly by either side's boring first 5 minutes stunt.

1000 is my minimum :cool::P

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah crashes certainly are the most annoying, everyone wants them fixed.

Obviously the vehicle count will be getting increased if we decide to bump up the player count.

Rest assured though, everything will be open to public discussion on our forums before we decide to do anything. In my opinion, I can see it going upto 50 or something to start off with and not 64 though, if it's what the community wants.

• 2 weeks later...

Well most modern games have a player maximum far below 64, I guess while 64 players was feasible a few generations back with lower amounts of graphics etc. nowadays it's much harder to up the maximum player number.

Just saying you might wanna prepare mentally for 64 players not happening in this iteration of the game.