Ghost town?

copsychus

From what i observed in the last 2-3 weeks, the number in each Renegade server has significantly decreased and in this time, i saw only 2-3 servers that are 39/40, 16 or 1/32 and 1/16 but other servers are full with 0/40. I wonder if this continues, Renegade x will be like a ghost town?

I'm not sure what you just said about the servers. There are less than 50 players online at the moment, all playing in that god awful MoO server.

It has hackers and grifers. Nobody kicking them.

It seems to be the new Fubar, with fake player counts (at least it fakes as in it stops at 39) and can take more than 40 players. Its sucking the community to itself and it alone ruined my night. Thanks, MoO.

Anyway, its already a ghost town, and this is a VERY good night as far as I'm concerned in terms of player count, that is if some of the players in MoO aren't fake (I swear to god it feels like there are).

Between the glitches, the issues and of course, the really bad servers like that one, we just aren't going anywhere. Both Renegade are in a state I consider "dead" right now.

I'm hoping a release later down the line gets the game back on track.

In the meantime, there is no multiplayer game worth my time. Long friday nights this will be.

On european daytime and evening there like 60 to 100 players online ...

not much but i still have fun ... and beeing a regular on a server, knowing each other, is even better :)

if the games got fixed it issues the playernumbers will grow again i believe ...

there is just a small amount of players who really enjoy the beta with all its problems ... (I am one of them)

I only hope that nobody had sky-high expectations when set sail for the project.

It should have been more than obvious that this game wouldnt attract the toxic kiddy population resident in the two main-stream shooter series of today. And i am only grateful that has been managed to not, for that they are not here too. Because seemingly the only way to attract them is to clone whatever they are playing. Hereby i mean literally!

The small playerbase appeals to me, it invoked fond memories of the past when game communities were more small, exclusively people actually interested in the game and minus genre tourists or typs who decided to jump on the wagon because "itz koool".

Player count is still large enough the get some good rounds with PTFO'ing players during nights and from evenings on, especially at weekends.

The best way more players can be attracted here is to tell anyone who have played C&C that this game exists, its free and atop all that not made by EA or Activision. And maybe to find a way to release bugfixes more frequently and directly to the client for there is always something gets overlooked and get discovered right after release(more like a murphy's law). (some sort of updater system may came in handy)

Indeed we have too many servers atm, who opened them all ? :D

I made that topic about demo recording and i implemented a global ban list. But so far nobody has ever reported any hackers since then so with no reports we cant ban people (as most devs like me dont play the game anyway we dont know if there are hackers). Either there are no hackers anymore or nobody fking cares to help us getting them banned. This is one reason among teamintern and personal reasons, why i stepped down as lead programmer and are not actively contributing to the project anymore at this moment. It is often far too frustrating with no compensation (and not even a steam release) in sight.

I havent seen any hacker for a long time ...

some accusations, but nothing i could agree on ...

the matrix server is hackerfree and well moderated as far as i see

(I only play there)

i only saw one guy crashing the matrix server, i know they have his IP, i hope they pass it to you ...

I made that topic about demo recording and i implemented a global ban list. But so far nobody has ever reported any hackers since then so with no reports we cant ban people (as most devs like me dont play the game anyway we dont know if there are hackers). Either there are no hackers anymore or nobody fking cares to help us getting them banned. This is one reason among teamintern and personal reasons, why i stepped down as lead programmer and are not actively contributing to the project anymore at this moment. It is often far too frustrating with no compensation (and not even a steam release) in sight.

Rypel,

I initiated various RecordDemo commands the passed couple weeks (since i read about it in your post) and asked server moderators to look it up in the server logs and send it to "the devs" ... apparently, this didnt happen yet.

i believe it was all on thematrixren server for various issues, amongst them beacon spamming and wall jumping (on Walls: flying)

Well, to be honest that job is on the moderators of a server. A server without moderation is a bad server, thats just what it comes down to for a game like this.

You're also relying on the servers to do a job, all of that with a command the majority of the player base don't know about. That won't get many hackers, nevermind permanently.

I don't blame you for stepping down, though I believe some people on the team have had unrealistic expectations. This is a very harsh world for this kind of work, even for free, unfortunately.

Iam one of the Mods of Thematrixren the Problem Truxa is

that atleast 98% of demorecords are broken we dont know why yet.

we tried many times i was even spamming3 days demorecords all of them were broken ( if we want to watch them it loads the map then it stops / lags in loadscreen and throws you back to main menu )

So nothing we can do with demos

RypeL i guess thats why you guys dont recieve any.

Still our server Intern banlist atm includes alot of banns of proven cheater / glitcher on ip / nicks / host / steam banns

we BANN any cheater. if you see one best is to use !modrequest reason ( aKA !modrequest cheater or !modrequest spammer ) command or record a video via Nvidia shadowplay / fraps and send it to us

and Our server logs alot.

+ were very Proud that we nearly have 24/7 mods on our Server and or IRC reachable + we take real fast care of glitcher / cheater or very anoying people ( on many different ways )

So dont worry ! if something is wrong just PM me here or join our forum and PM anyone of the mod group or Directly our admin "Skeeze" or join our IRC

irc.thematrixserver.com

or sniper.bot.nu ( its the same )

if you dont want to install a IRC client look for "Mibbit" its a online full IRC client in your browser !

Atm. We can say Demos are Broke we dont know why. Many people tried to use them now... ( Me , skeeze and multiple more ) they seem to be broke.

TL;DR we care about our Playerbase and we have nearly 24/7 mods online + Demos seem to be Broke

You just dissuaded me from coming to your server with that terrible grammar.

At least work on basic English grammar so you show you actually care about your server...

Thats fine,

are better off playing on The Furry Pound(rip), Fubar(rip), and MoO anyway. :P

Evonos grammar is fine on the server.

on topic:

And its not a Ghost Town. Well compared to launch day it is(Open Beta 2 should have been the release build), but until we have 2-3 full servers all times i think we are good.

Speaking of ghosts, what happened to Jelly and the 'mericans?

We can say Demos are Broke we dont know why. Many people tried to use them now... ( Me , skeeze and multiple more )

If you were having problems with the demos then pls contact us about it. I could tell you whats wrong with them if you would give me the chance to take a look at them. Most likely they dont load for you because you are running mutators on your server. If you do then you also need this mutators installed on the clients where you are trying to play the demo. Im sure that this is why the demos dont load for you. You can send me demos to [email protected] to confirm that. And you are asked to send us suspicious demos so that we can analyze them to add according fixes for hacks and exploits to the game. This is important to improve the game. I understand that people want to make their own eco system of moderators and admins and own ban lists. This is ok if there are lots of servers but in the current situations we need servers with admins that are willing to cooperate with the devs to get the critical fixes into the game. If people continue to issue demorecordings on your server but you refuse to send them to us this is unexceptabel. For demos you could make posts in the player reports section or send them to me directly at [email protected]. Im sure that they are not broke and that its the mutator problem that i would make another post about once i could confirm that.

At least work on basic English grammar so you show you actually care about your server...

try to speak well in a second Language while you Multi task for 2 new flats ( need to move tomorrow )

Did write at the posting time like 3 different contracts did speak to my gf ( Oh gawd she never stops anymore since we wanted to move to the new flat.... )

I need to write a shitload of other stuff

Moderate the server

need to move 2 House holds

Work

School and a shitton more + our house ( were iam atm ) got sold out ( it wasnt ours we did rent the flats ) and the new buyer wants us Out.

Sorry for my fucked up grammar My life is atm VERY hard.

Check my spelling again if iam not in a hell of stress

To RypeL

Yes we run a Mutator the Anti orca Mutator ( for non flying maps ) we gonna test this now and will send you Weird demos ;-)

I give this to my Entire mod / admin team out

Yo Generalcamo!

Since you are so perfect with your grammar, you probably have a hard time (s)hitting on people from your own coutry, right? 'murica?

Tell me the difference between: "Where" , "We're" and "Were"

and

The difference between: "Your" and "You're"

Even bloody native americans cant even distinguish between the terms whereas most "foreign" (aka non native-english speakers) can!

(love to rip on 'muricans as you can see)

I'll chase this up with Skeeze and get him to email you all of the demo's RypeL.

@SFJake

I'm not sure what you just said about the servers. There are less than 50 players online at the moment, all playing in that god awful MoO server.

It seems to be the new Fubar, with fake player counts (at least it fakes as in it stops at 39) and can take more than 40 players. Its sucking the community to itself and it alone ruined my night. Thanks, MoO.

Anyway, its already a ghost town, and this is a VERY good night as far as I'm concerned in terms of player count, that is if some of the players in MoO aren't fake (I swear to god it feels like there are).

Between the glitches, the issues and of course, the really bad servers like that one, we just aren't going anywhere. Both Renegade are in a state I consider "dead" right now.

I'm hoping a release later down the line gets the game back on track.

In the meantime, there is no multiplayer game worth my time. Long friday nights this will be.

I certainly hope this isn't the case...faking player counts should be something that administrators should be unable to do, it's unacceptable... I joined thinking there was 39 players ingame (as shown on the listings) and there were 3 people ingame..pretty pathetic tbh.

First off, we were asked NOT to give you IP's steam ID's etc if we didn't have any proof.

So since the demos appeared not to be working you did not get info whatsoever and we made an internal ban system.

Now I've talked with someone on your developer team about this and gave him some demo files which resulted in failing at loading aswell.

After reading your post about mutators I am now able to play the demos.

So this is the reason why you haven't gotten any, I will send you an e-mail with a link and login to our demos ( updated every 5min )

Regards,

Skeeze

TheMatrixRen

It seems like a pretty cool game. I usually play Planetside 2 but saw this video and downloaded the game today. I thought of taking a short break from PS2 to give this a whirl. Hopefully, there will be some peeps on when I get home from work tonight and I can get a better feel for the game in general.

The graphics look very nice. I was able to just mess around with some of the interface before I went to work and my initial reaction was positive. I've always been a huge fan of Command & Conquer and have no doubt I will enjoy Ren X.

When I looked for the keybindings I noticed they were fairly general. How difficult will it be for me to use my Thrustmaster Xbox 360 controller? Yea I know what you're going to say. I really only use it for Forward/Backwards, Strafe left/right, sprint, jump, duck, cycle weapons, and use(E). I use the mouse for look, my mouse buttons for fire/ADS, and the other 2 buttons for prox chat and squad comms.

Overall, my first impressions are positive and look forward to playing as soon as I get home. Thanks