Hourglass

Scythe666

I loved the original Hourglass map (it was my favourite). Are there any plans to make it again?

The Whiteout is pretty similar, but Hourglass had a bigger hill and advanced defenses. It also had only two ambushes to hide on the top of the hill and no possibilities to walk from a sideway on top of the hill...

Dont get me wrong, I like Whiteout, but its not Hourglass..

Hourglass was one of, if not, the most hated map amongst the community, becauce of its narrow design + base defences. That's the reason why no 1:1 remake found its way into RenX, but in form of whiteout, which is in my opinion way better. No offense but I guess the greatest part of players will agree here, while there will be always some people who prefer the old design. So to keep it short, the chances that you will see the original Hourglass in-game are going against 0.0

Hourglass was one of, if not, the most hated map amongst the community, becauce of its narrow design + base defences. That's the reason why no 1:1 remake found its way into RenX, but in form of whiteout, which is in my opinion way better. No offense but I guess the greatest part of players will agree here, while there will be always some people who prefer the old design. So to keep it short, the chances that you will see the original Hourglass in-game are going against 0.0

Yeah, this basically. Although SBH's went from not present in Hourglass to a true pest in Whiteout. I really think the spotting distance of SBH's should be at least doubled once inside a gun/rocket emplacement. This way it actually requires tactics and skills if you want to sneak in the enemy base.

I loved hourglass ...

I think it was disliked so much because people did not understand the map ...

Whiteout therefore is the worst map, after field, in the current game ...

if the hill would be bigger and at least 3 turrets on each base it would be better ...

a secont techbuilding would be sweet also ...

I would love to see hourglass return

Original Hourglass was so awful that we changed it, it's essentially Horologe + from UT3

Actually i Liked hourglass

and alot on thematrixren Server too ( as i heard there alot )

I would like to see to a Remake of Original Hourglass

Whiteout is great as its own map...

are it cant replace Hourglass its like Under and field 2 maps that are the same in many aspects still they are 2 unique maps

Hourglass didn't work right.

I don't doubt they could have fixed it though.

Adjust the hill, Adjust the tunnel pathing, Adjust the harvester pathing.

To be specific, some vehicles worked some didn't, some teams won points sheerly from akward vehicle function, some direct conflicts were easy to win because of the terrain.

You know, Renegade had some terrible maps.

I wish we could stay away from them and keep on the mindset of improving them.

I wish Field had that treatment as well. Hourglass was just a really bad map and I have no desire to see it back in its original form. I'd press against it.